PDA

View Full Version : African Americans for Ron Paul

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
African American's for Ron Paul.

We NEED this site. We need african american supporter videos posted on it.
Anyone willing to put something together?
And if we do, we need to market it to Cnn, Msnbc, and faux...

and...

Push getonid's videos! As a African American Ron Paul supporter on you-tube, we need to get this man's voice out.

Ron Paul & MLK Holiday (Give MONEY on Jaunuary 21st)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtJtn-1u_M

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
No views? Well I guess you guys don't care too much about the racist attacks.

Lord Xar
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I think Rodent is a man of color. he was working on a site along these lines, not sure what happened to him. I pinged him a week or so ago because I was suppose to get a design for him, but eventually suggested one of those plug/play blogs.. cause they have alot of skins to choose from.

perhaps you can ping him.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
nt

Oliver
01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
"Albert Howard" - African Americans for Ron Paul (Also a 08' candidate):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJThkuaNBw&eurl=http://alberthoward.org/default.aspx

angelatc
01-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I think we need to get off the internet and make some phone calls.

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Rodent is a man of color. he was working on a site along these lines, not sure what happened to him. I pinged him a week or so ago because I was suppose to get a design for him, but eventually suggested one of those plug/play blogs.. cause they have alot of skins to choose from.

perhaps you can ping him.

I wonder who could do it if he is gone for good...

Joe3113
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I like this idea. I like is a lot.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I disagree with this 100%. We either come to Ron Paul as Americans or as White American's too. Not just African American or Muslim American or whatever. If we are united we are United as Americans! OR We are United by race.

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I disagree with this 100%. We either come to Ron Paul as Americans or as White American's too. Not just African American or Muslim American or whatever. If we are united we are United as Americans! OR We are United by race.

You seriously sound like the kkk guy in my meetup...

Karsten
01-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't forget these 2 youtube videos: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LSh6kVT4UL0

and http://youtube.com/watch?v=wdqjOmcfxqk

Ernest
01-13-2008, 03:56 PM
KKK? How so? You are not trying to smear me are you?

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 03:58 PM
KKK? How so? You are not trying to smear me are you?

No really... you kinda did... I've heard these exact words: "White American's too. Not just African American or Muslim American or whatever. "

JimInNY
01-13-2008, 03:59 PM
No really... you kinda did... I've heard these exact words: "White American's too. Not just African American or Muslim American or whatever. "

I think what he meant is that if we start splintering into different groups of Americans for Ron Paul we are working directly against Ron Paul's message of being just Americans for Ron Paul.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM

How so? "kinda did" ?

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
God... it was a joke...

slinkymaster
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
african-american is the worst term ever invented. dave matthews is from africa, charlize theron is from africa, south africa has a large white population. african-american is a dehumanizing term. "oh you're an african-american? where in africa?" "wherever my masters picked up my great great great grandparents from". im technically a greek american but i just call myself american.

anyways this rant doesnt have much to do with the post other than to point out the retardedness of being politically correct. how bout just do a minorities for paul or something like that. if we doing blacks for paul it will obviously be viewed as a response to the racist stuff and not be viewed as authentic

Ernest
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
God... it was a joke...

What do you mean it was a joke?

mavtek
01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
I begged, I pleaded, I got 3 responses to help to make October African American outreach month.

That was in October.

Johncjackson
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I think what he meant is that if we start splintering into different groups of Americans for Ron Paul we are working directly against Ron Paul's message of being just Americans for Ron Paul.

This is just marketing and part of politics. While ideally everyone is an individual people still identify in certain groups. That's why you have groups like " Auto Workers for" or "Muslims for " or whatever. And it can be effective.

There is nothing pure about this campaign or politics in general.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
This is just marketing and part of politics. While ideally everyone is an individual people still identify in certain groups. That's why you have groups like " Auto Workers for" or "Muslims for " or whatever. And it can be effective.

There is nothing pure about this campaign or politics in general.

Comparing groupings by Auto Workers to Muslims is apples and oranges but having said that as long as grouping by whites is OK too then there is no problem.

Whites for Ron Paul! Whites for white's interest! Absolutely!

freedom-maniac
01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Bump, I think this is a great idea. Just to complicate things I made

freewebs.com/germanamericansforpaul

LandonCook
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Comparing groupings by Auto Workers to Muslims is apples and oranges but having said that as long as grouping by whites is OK too then there is no problem.

Whites for Ron Paul! Whites for white's interest! Absolutely!

Dude... seriously... Are you a klan member? lol

Time for Change
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
He's got a point there, like it or not.
"People of Color" have all this unity, for blacks only, black pride, etc going and it is fine by me and the rest of the USA
BUT
if a white person says the exact same thing, only with whites, they are called racist.

It is funny really.
I have a lot of black friends and coworkers, and they agree it is a sad double standard.

That said...

This movement is:
AMERICANS for Ron Paul. No collectivism or grouping.
American Individuals for Ron Paul.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM

Dude....seriously...Are you a moron? lol

Revolution9
01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
What do you mean it was a joke?

Take that fucker to the wall Ernest. He deserves it.

Randy

gaazn
01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
RP usually uses the word blacks, instead of african americans. i think the term black American is the most accurate.

Revolution9
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Yer not funny./ Yer a total jerk for thinking this s funny.

Randy

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
God... it was a joke...

Very bad taste.

tamor
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey come on, we need to appeal to many individuals with different backgrounds, interests, and perceptions.Therefore, we need to use a variety of ways to appeal to each one of them.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey come on, we need to appeal to many individuals with different backgrounds, interests, and perceptions.Therefore, we need to use a variety of ways to appeal to each one of them.

That is fine as long as we can also appeal and group by white. If we can appeal and group by black, hispanic, asain or whatever we can also do white.