PDA

View Full Version : Ron should cuss!

Zydeco
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Just once, when he's really pissed off during a debate, Ron should cuss. It would pique interest and be a great YouTube.

My example: next time Carl Cameron asks him a stupid question at a debate, RP should angrily retort: "We've got soldiers dying in Iraq, a collapsing currency and a coming wave of mortgage foreclosures, and you come in here with a chickenshit question like that?"

Come on, you know this would be excellent.

Eponym_mi
01-13-2008, 02:59 PM
That would be hilarious.

Kotin
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
hahah as an avid foul-mouth, i would love it

Nate SY
01-13-2008, 03:03 PM
While I think that I would enjoy it and so would most people on this forum. You have to take into account the amount of trash he would get for it. Debates are televised LIVE. And it would give them a legitimate reason to prevent him from ever being in another debate.

Vizacar
01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I've thought of this too. It would only work if it was done at the appropriate time and only once.

It would show the MSM he wasn't f'ing around anymore and I believe everyone else would sit up and take notice and come to the conclusion he is a lot more serious than they make him out to be.

Jeremy
01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Worst idea ever

KMA-NWO
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
idea +1

asmartchimp
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
lmao Great idea

idiom
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
He doesn't need to Cuss. RP has a *vocabulary*.

He could attack the moderator but it would be a lot funnier if huck & co has to pull out their dictionaries.

Oliver
01-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Worst idea ever

+1! (AKA: Howard Dean's Scream) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FzCeV0ZFc)

idiom
01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
"We've got soldiers dying in Iraq, a collapsing currency and a coming wave of mortgage foreclosures, and you come in here with a pusillanimous question like that?"

Much better.

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Nah.

acroso
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
worst idea ever. He wins the most humle award at paleo-Lumariest for a reason.

Kingfisher
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
He doesn't need to Cuss. RP has a *vocabulary*.

He could attack the moderator but it would be a lot funnier if huck & co has to pull out their dictionaries.

Right. Weak minded people curse becuase they they dont know how to express themselves otherwise.

jglapski
01-13-2008, 04:09 PM
So Goldwater and Patton were weak-minded?

Let's stop psychoanalyzing us motherfuckers who swear. Swearing can do several things, such as inspire the listener to remember what has been said and to raise the importance of what has been said. That was a stated reason why Patton swore.

Paul apparently doesn't swear, and chastizes those who do. To ask him to do something that is unnatural to him and not part of his character doesn't make sense, even if it could have a positive effect.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Just once, when he's really pissed off during a debate, Ron should cuss. It would pique interest and be a great YouTube.

My example: next time Carl Cameron asks him a stupid question at a debate, RP should angrily retort: "We've got soldiers dying in Iraq, a collapsing currency and a coming wave of mortgage foreclosures, and you come in here with a chickenshit question like that?"

No, it would be his Dean Scream moment.

Michigan11
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Not a good idea, but it would be the #1 youtube

Matt Collins
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
You can't say "shit" on TV but if were to ask "what the hell kind of crap is this you're shoveling?" I think that could go over well.

Minlawc
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Not cool.

He doesn't even look like a person who cusses. I remember in an article, I think it was Tucker's, it mentioned that he didn't cuss.

mad212
01-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Stupid idea

jrich4rpaul
He might as well just scream...

BYAHHHH!

Onyx
People love him because he is so humble. Why ruin that?

steph3n
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Not cool.

He doesn't even look like a person who cusses. I remember in an article, I think it was Tucker's, it mentioned that he didn't cuss.

I heard him say hell once in a video and it looked like he was about to faint. I think he'd have a heart attack to say anything more, and I don't think it would be wise either.
There are far better ways to express oneself.

IHaveaDream
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Maybe he should grab his crotch and spit, too.

wildflower
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Worst idea ever

Exactly. In fact, is this thread a joke? It has to be.

dirka
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I had a dream about that the other night where Paul told Rudy to shut his god damn mouth when he was laughing at such serious issues.

and also I dreamt that he said to Romney "Next time you insult me with your negative bullshit about Pakistan, I'm gonna bitch slap the gel out of your hair!"

As much as this would make me the most happy person in the world, it would certainly offend tons of people and they would say that he is losing and so he is lashing out at the other candidates. What is a better strategy I think, is to insult them with a smile and no cussing. Like.

Governor Romney, if you think I don't understand the islamic movement against the United States, just tell me.....at what country club did you receive your information about Terrorists????

hummtide
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM

I would die from total shock!

mokkan88
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
It would lose him the election. People are simple. They like political correctness because we, as a society, have been conditioned to value it.

Besides, it goes against Paul's personal philosophy. He doesn't curse, plain and simple. People seem to forget that although he's a candidate for everybody's personal rights, he is also a Christian who holds his faith very dear.

hummtide
01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Or he gets in some really heated argument on foreign policy with Hucky or McCrane, and they shout at him, "Just Who Do you think you are congressman?"

Dr Paul then says loudly.. "IM RON PAUL BITCH - YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT!"

WV Freedom Fighter
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Not A Good Idea!

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 04:40 PM
what the fuck, guys. you want to turn him into some kind of phony like those other politicians.

let ron be himself, remember... his honesty is why we love him. let ron paul be himself, if he started cussing in a way that doesnt seem natural to him it would be out of character and people would pick up on that.

Gertie
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
No.

When SC libertarian candidate Reb Sutherland termed the Dem Inez Tenenbaum "that north-leaning bitch," it caught my attention and sealed my vote for Reb. Reb was kinda fiery so taking that risk fit her even though it no doubt cost her many non-libertarian and PC votes.

But seeing swearing from Dr. Paul would definitely shock and worry me. And it would cost him too in SC, no doubt.

Paulitical Correctness
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
+1 for NO!

He's classier than that. Let him strike the enemy with wit and quotation, as he's often done in the past.

VRP08
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM

Never! Why get on that level?

homah
01-13-2008, 11:27 PM
This is the worst idea I've ever heard.

Pauls' Revere
01-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Sure, a medical doctor stooping to the level of a moron like McCain and his comment about we trade burkas with the middle-east. This would kill the campaign. Absolutely not, although I feel alot of candidates deserve it. Just look how childish Romney,the ghoal,McCain etc..are when the ridicule Dr Paul for his points.