PDA

View Full Version : project help. image of Ron Paul and "war on drugs"

dvictr
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
im making a movie and i would like to use one or two images of Ron Paul and possibly a marijuana leaf or a jail cell inmates in the background thanks...

Acidlump
01-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Don't put a marijauna leaf next to Ron Paul. Don't put any images of marijauna because people think marijauna is bad. A better focus would be how jailing people for non-violent crimes (drug possession) splits up families and ruins peoples lives.

jondisx
01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Don't put a marijauna leaf next to Ron Paul. Don't put any images of marijauna because people think marijauna is bad. A better focus would be how jailing people for non-violent crimes (drug possession) splits up families and ruins peoples lives.

some people think marijauna is bad*

billyjoeallen
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
and call it what it really is: drug prohibition.

Jeremy
01-13-2008, 02:46 PM
ron paul doesn't support drug use

you're just going to embarrass us

romeshomey
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Post a link to your movie when its done. I am putting together a DVD to circulate of Ron Paul and Ending the War on Drugs to circulate the streets with.

romeshomey
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM

Ya, that is why Ron interviews with Pot magazines. As far back as 1988 Ron Paul has been being featured in pot magazines as the 'Pot candidate'

magicmike
01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
If you're making a movie about drugs maybe go out on the street and interview people asking
"How much would you be willing to pay to keep a marijuana user off the street?"
Then give the real cost of what it is to keep a inmate for a year, (something like $27,000 I think)

Ask them "If I paid you $27,000 per person do you think you could get somebody to stop using drugs?" or "Do you think you could spend that $27,000 towards something better in the community?"

Better yet ask an accountant how that $27,000 could be better used
Maybe "release a drug user for more money in the community"

But I agree with Acidlump you need to be more creative than a leaf with Ron Paul, Maybe if you have enough guts to do it, be the Michael Moore of drugs, do some outrageous stunts or parody to get across a point.

Yes I know the "users" don't get arrested it's usually the dealers, but that distinction is determined usually by the arresting officer.

And yes the questions are manipulative, but I say "you can't win the game if you don't play"

cheese
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
the pot leaf has so many negative connotations... keep it out.

JeNNiF00F00
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
If you HAVE to do this, call it by its true name "Cannabis" and put it into its own section
and Speak of Medicinal Cannabis. Not Marijuana, weed or Pot, or any other street name that has more of a negative connotation. I hate the word Pot..sounds narc-ish. Reefer, Marijuana, Pot....you see these terms used a lot on Cops and on the anti weed commercials that we all know are rediculously blown out of proportion.

Acidlump
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
you see these terms used a lot on Cops and on the anti weed commercials that we all know are rediculously blown out of proportion.

Kid 1: Dude, my mom found a joint in my bedroom yesterday.
Kid 2: Dude, that sucks did she like ground you?
Kid 1: Worse... she cried.