PDA

View Full Version : URGENT info for ALL states

susano
01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
We know that there is something seriously wrong with paid staff. They sabotaged Michigan. Please read this and be forwarned. This concerns Kerri Price, a former Bush/Cheney campaigner (bio on first page of link), and her trail of destruction in Michigan:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3896241&pager.offset=10

Now that we have had time to digest the role Kerri has played in Michigan, it is safe to say--and every Michigan volunteer in the know will back this up--that she has been a disaster. I don't know if she deliberately sabotaged the campaign. But she couldn't have possibly done worse if she tried. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the campaign in Michigan would be doing better if the campaign sent us nobody at all than it did with her help. This was a hugely missed opportunity. Here's to hoping the grassroots pull off a third place finish despite all the work Kerri did to cripple them.

It is imperative that we find out where Kerri will be sent to "help" next so that we can warn them to keep her as far away from any responsibility as possible. Also, by now we've learned that incompetent staff from national are largely to blame for the poor performances in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Michigan will make them 0 for 3. If there's a way for us to blacklist campaign paid staffers that upcoming states need to know to shun, that might be a good idea.

I don't think there's evidence of any more than incompetence. But it's a level of incompetence that is just as bad as if it were deliberate. Like I said, it's clear that things are worse with her help than without it. Basically, she came in thinking she knew everything and in effect took over the operation of the whole state. Since Leslie Roszman is still the state coordinator, and Kerri is only the coordinator for SE Michigan, this never should have happened. But I think Leslie may be too nice of a person to confront her. Kerri has consistently demanded that everyone who wants to be involved in helping the official campaign must do the things she wants. Usually her ideas don't make sense. And when people ask her questions, she gives these condescending pat answers that reveal she's too clueless to understand what they were really getting at. For example, right after she got here in early December she realized that the deadline for voter registration was Dec. 15 and decided that we needed to drop all campaign activities and commit all of our efforts to a massive voter registration drive, like we're MTV Rock the Vote or something. When people asked her why it's worth the time to register people who don't support Ron Paul she replied by saying, "If they aren't registered they can't vote for him." (Well, yeah, but that doesn't answer the question.) On conference calls when people brought up the suggestion of getting organized in how we will run our get out the vote efforts, she replied, "Well, I know there's this video on the official website that talks about that, but since we started so late here, we don't have time to worry about that." Once again, totally clueless. I knew she was wrong because I and the local volunteers I'd been working with had already been collecting phone numbers from supporters and potential supporters we met, asking them if we could call them to remind them to vote on election day. We're going to call them ourselves. Kerri didn't like that idea because she had never thought of it. Kerri also wanted to make a major statewide effort to communicate RP's pro-life stance. When one member expressed the thought on the michigan4ronpaul message board that there may be other issues that will win more votes, she had their post deleted. In Southwest Michigan, circumstances that had gone on earlier in the Fall left a big vacuum of leadership for only meetup group centered in Berrien county (and there never was one in Cass county). So our Michiana for Ron Paul group, which is pretty big and well-organized and includes people from both of those counties as well as Indiana (where most of it's members are from) made a point of concentrating all of its efforts there. Since October, we have been the only group campaigning in those counties and have had at least 10 events in them, including canvassing every decent sized town. Two of us were appointed as the Berrien and Cass county coordinators and provided with lists of contacts of people in those counties that had been in touch with the national campaign. We were to integrate them into the canvassing efforts and provide them with yard signs and literature. Last week, at the 11th hour, at the order of Kerri they removed us from those positions because we don't reside in Michigan. They assigned new people to those positions who had no idea what to do. Now after 4 weeks of Kerri giving us the run around about how all the signs and lit. we need we be here any day, it just came in the past two days, and now these completely uninitiated county coordinators have to figure out what to do with them.

One other thing I forgot to add. The minute Kerri came into Michigan she started insisting that we had to get everyone off of Meetup. She wanted us to use the phone and email and the second-rate michigan4ronpaul.com website to replace everything that we had been using meetup for. She insisted that meetup is strictly a social networking site and not good for planning campaign events. This claim is absolutely ludicrous. That's like saying that we shouldn't have ads on TV because TV is only for sitcoms and sports. I think her real reason is that the vast nationwide use of meetup groups allows for grassroots workers to act separately from national HQ, and she wouldn't be able to control what happened in Michigan as long as this grassroots operation remained in place.

I agree that the problem isn't strictly one against her personally. From the testimonies we've already encountered in Iowa and New Hampshire, there are other equally terrible people working for the campaign. I don't know the names of others. But we need to blacklist them.

All campaign staff, such as Kerri Price, who are going into states and causing all this damage, must be shut off from the real campaign that is going on there. I don't know where Kerri will go next (perhaps Ohio, since that's where she's from, or perhaps another midwestern state that's earlier than them, such as Illinois which votes on Super Tuesday). But the volunteers there need to be warned not to grant her any authority whatsoever. They cannot trust her promises about providing them with materials. They should order what they need themselves, and preferably not through the official campaign's store. They cannot take orders from her. And they cannot integrate her into their operations unless she agrees to assist underneath the leadership they have in place. If this blacklisting results in people like her getting fired, that would help a lot. Even if it only results in minimizing their impact on the campaign, that would also help.

susano
01-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Bump

pacelli
01-13-2008, 02:12 PM
This is insane, has HQ been forwarded this information? It seems like every "official" that is sent to a state isn't qualified to be a leader.

dianeh
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
bump

RickyJ
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul is a very busy man these days but he really should look into just what the official campaign is doing. He is in charge of it so it reflects poorly on him if they are a bunch of boobs.

Eponym_mi
01-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I am in Michigan and can attest to the fact that Kerri Price's involvement here has been a disaster for the campaign. Whatever her true loyalties might be, I am extremely disappointed to think that my contributions may have been used to pay someone so incompetent. Her involvement with the campaign on a paying basis should end now.

susano
01-13-2008, 03:24 PM
bump

susano
01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
bump

Myerz
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
wtf?

THIS KIND OF NEWS REALLY STINKS

pacelli
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Does this translate to: Expect 8-10% again?

Lord Xar
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
where is she heading next......

Michigan11
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I completely 100% agree with the original post in this thread.

Fire the staff immediately.

exer51
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
*Sigh*

Sad but true. Our state campaign head isn't too on point either. She's a nice enough woman, but just not too good at anything as best as I can tell. Once when a guy at a meetup brought some valid things up to her she put herself in an ivory tower and played it up like official campaign was The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost all rolled into one... He challenged her by saying that this isn't a "Top down organization" and that they should at least LISTEN to our suggestions. She stayed all snooty and shot him down like she was some omnipotent god.

This is a shame and I personally agree that these people need to be looked over and ignored if incompetent. IF there are some smart ones around(inevitably there are), then fine. But the idiots need to be ignored completely. We also REALLY need to get ahold of someone with Ron's ear. Maybe bombard his grandson who's on RPRradio.com??? Someone needs to tell him of this shit. I doubt he WANTS to ruin his chances of winning, even if he feels some loyalty to some of these boobs.

JoBurke
01-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Damn shame!

it should not be this way - "destroying ourselves from within" - there is still time, but not alot, perhaps the official campaign did not even think they would get this far?

lets turn it around Grassroots!

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
I am in Michigan and can attest to the fact that Kerri Price's involvement here has been a disaster for the campaign. Whatever her true loyalties might be, I am extremely disappointed to think that my contributions may have been used to pay someone so incompetent. Her involvement with the campaign on a paying basis should end now.

Ditto! I've been shouting for weeks that there is something not right here in MI! I remember hearing someone on board used to work for the Bush/Cheney administration but couldn't figure out which one! There has been very little, to no communication from state HQ! The one or two times they sent a letter regarding a rally (started by grassroots) was hours before the event. I have posted on this forum before that we had a huge meetup, mainly because HQ would be there. They finally show up and all they did was say we were doing a great job and keep up the good work. That's it? I was hoping they would let us know their plans for MI, tell us about ad's in the works...nothing! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, whatever votes come out of MI was the doing of grassroots, not HQ!!

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
We know that there is something seriously wrong with paid staff. They sabotaged Michigan. Please read this and be forwarned. This concerns Kerri Price, a former Bush/Cheney campaigner (bio on first page of link), and her trail of destruction in Michigan:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3896241&pager.offset=10

" Kerri also wanted to make a major statewide effort to communicate RP's pro-life stance. When one member expressed the thought on the michigan4ronpaul message board that there may be other issues that will win more votes, she had their post deleted."

That was me!! I was soo pissed. I've had nothing to do with HQ since!

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
From here on out, my money goes strictly towards grassroots projects.

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
bump

Crickett
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I do not know a thing about this, but I have heard similar before. HQ NEEDS to understand that whoever they send, MUST look at what the grassroots is DOING, and then HELP them with it. PERIOD. They can enhance it. They can help get it funded. But they sure can't try to turn it AROUND in days. This makes NO business sense, and is a way that people with immature management skills would operate. Anyone (me) who comes into a business as a new person needs to see what they are doing NOW, and incorporate that into changes we would like to make. If you don't get the employees WITH you, none of your stuff would ever get implemented--they would just resent you. I see this here. Grassroots may need to educate the new people that are sent in, a bit. Let them know what you are doing. These people may have more campaign experience and can give good ideas, but they have to realize that a LOT has been done before they showed up. Grassroots needs to stand firm on these things, and bend on others--BUT if the HQ person will not listen to grassroots, then abandon them. Let them try to do it getting NEW supporters of their own to work, and you guys keep doing what you do. End of story.

susano
01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Does this translate to: Expect 8-10% again?

Quite likely - in a state that we could have won, easily.

susano
01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Questions and comments:

How can we get this thread to every Meetup group?

These staffers are not just destroying a presidential campaign, they are destroying a golden opportuunity to save our country. I shudder to think of the karma and consenquences of that.

I have heard that RP doesn't like Washington insiders (for top staff). HE CAN REACH OUT TO MADISON AVENUE, THEN. Lots of big corporations have people who handle everything from public image to speech writing. RP needs some pros, NOW. There is no time to waste.

This article says it all. Please read it: http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2008/01/this_rons_no_reagan.html

susano
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
bump

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Questions and comments:

How can we get this thread to every Meetup group?

These staffers are not just destroying a presidential campaign, they are destroying a golden opportuunity to save our country. I shudder to think of the karma and consenquences of that.

I have heard that RP doesn't like Washington insiders (for top staff). HE CAN REACH OUT TO MADISON AVENUE, THEN. Lots of big corporations have people who handle everything from public image to speech writing. RP needs some pros, NOW. There is no time to waste.

This article says it all. Please read it: http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2008/01/this_rons_no_reagan.html

I've read that and was furious! That and the article from one of the Granny Warriors re: a visit to HQ!

In her 12/19/07 newsletter entitled "Boston or Bust," she mentioned her dismal experience visiting the Arlington, VA, RP HQ office, as follows:

Quote:
We made a stop at the National Headquarters. What a disapointment. the sign in the window is the only one on the building. It is invisible in the day time as the windows are tinted. The $65,000.00 office is on the second floor of a Dry Cleaning store. The stair way is dark and uninviting, the only sign is a yard sign on the door with Ron Paul. There is no way a disabled person could even visit the office. But.... that seems to be the point they do not encourage walk in visits.

When first entering you are asked to sign in with your name, address, phone, age and reason for being there? There is no material to hand out to walkins, and you are told at once..."NO CAMERAS" as you see someone didn't listen. I didn't sign their damned register either. When asked why there were no signs on the building or even bumper stickers on their cars? One answer was they didn't want to become targets. the other was they didn't own the building and couldn't put signs up there? The neighborhood is not the best to say the least. I was also told I would have to take the RV out of the parking lot as they didn't own it. Jessie Benton was the bearer of that message. As you see someone didn't listen to that either. When asked why no photos we were told by Doug, the new "IT" guy that the photos might get online and people would know where everything is and could steal from them? When asked what was there to steal there was no answer. He also stated he was trying to make the people more paranoid to avoid any problems? The more popular Ron becomes the more likely they will be targets.. I asked him what he thought we were riding in a RV with his name all over it but we weren't scared and we weren't even getting paid. He just shrugged. He also did not want his photo taken and put up a coffee cup to hide his face but we managed to get a photo of him anyway. Kent Snyder and Justine Lam did not show up. They were all hung over from a big celebration they had had the night before celebrating their good work in raising the $6,000,000.00 for Ron... As you can tell I am not impressed with the office or the staff. The Campaign needs to bring its headquarters to Texas where there are devoted supporters to man the phones in a civil manner and take care of people who want to walk in and get information. Plus it wouldn't cost such a outrageous price for rent. I think of the work Amanda Moore has done in SC with those offices, what a difference.. SC is clean, neat and well managed with friendly faces to greet people coming in off the street and you can bet there are signs everywhere letting people know that it is a campaign office for Ron Paul.

sunny
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=susano;945041]We know that there is something seriously wrong with paid staff. They sabotaged Michigan. Please read this and be forwarned. This concerns Kerri Price, a former Bush/Cheney campaigner (bio on first page of link), and her trail of destruction in Michigan:

i don't understand - who is kerri price? former b/c campaigner. what has she got to do with the doc's campaign?

susano
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
OMG, they treated Linda Honeycutt (sp) like that? Why, in GODS name, is this being allowed???

PLEASE, anyone reading this, email to every RP group you can think of.

susano
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=susano;945041]We know that there is something seriously wrong with paid staff. They sabotaged Michigan. Please read this and be forwarned. This concerns Kerri Price, a former Bush/Cheney campaigner (bio on first page of link), and her trail of destruction in Michigan:

i don't understand - who is kerri price? former b/c campaigner. what has she got to do with the doc's campaign?

Assistant campaign manager in Michigan - where there has been no campaign, just grassroots. Please see the link in the opening post.

AtomiC
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Why did anyone even listen to her?

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
This is really sad.

I sure hope there are some major changes at HQ - and FAST. Until then, I guess forewarned is forearmed. I'll just keep doing my own thing and hope for the best. *sigh*

frasu
01-13-2008, 07:36 PM
:eek: fked up!

Akus
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM
We know that there is something seriously wrong with paid staff.... So, after IA, NH and MI, are we going to have 47 more of these stories?

AgentOrange
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I've contributed to 2 "official" Ron Paul moneybombs and have yet to figure out any good that has from my money. I think contributing to "grassroots" moneybombs is the way to go.

I agree with the preson who suggested that maybe Ron Paul never thought he would make it this far. I suspect that is true. But he has gotten this far, and now he must step up to the plate and fire/demote/contain/whatever paid staffers who are hurting his chances.

It's easy to say that if he doesn't step up to the plate, then he didn't deserve to be president. But the truth is, if he doesn't step up to the plate, the future of the entire US is at risk. This isn't just about Ron Paul, it's about the future.

NeoRayden
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Everyone needs to call and complain about her. Not only that but also find out who is the director in your state and what qualifications they have. Also find out what they are doing and what they are not so we can head off any further questionable incompetence.

susano
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I have emailed this thread to several Meetups in Florida. Could anyone else pick another state and do the same? Here's the list:

http://www.meetup.com/cities/

Eponym_mi
01-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Why did anyone even listen to her?

After a while, most didn't and just told her to bugger off instead.

susano
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
The unpaid people are nothing short of amazing. The thing is, without that campaign war chest and a media/personal apperance schedule, it's not possible to win. Michigan is an example of where all votes will be a result of grassroots and MSM coverage. It might do okay, but okay doesn't get the nomination. There are no second chances in this.

Something REALLY slick needs to happen well in advance of super Tuesday. Please help get this info passed on. Email this thread to the Meetups in one state. Name your state and then someone else can do another. That way, we may actually get this to someone who can make a difference, in time to save the campaign.

I'm really sick that a person as great as ron Paul is being let down by the people around him. We all are and we are going pay dearly for this. We MUST turn it around. The only I know is to email, email, email. I'm just nobody special and have no ins with anyone.

susano
01-13-2008, 09:08 PM
After a while, most didn't and just told her to bugger off instead.

I'll bet. You guys sound very organized. It's terrible that such dogged efforts were not backed up by a presense in Michigan. Grassroots cannot do it, alone. It has to be joint effort.

susano
01-13-2008, 09:29 PM
bump

susano
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Please help pass this on so we can save our campaign.

exer51
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Everyone needs to call and complain about her. Not only that but also find out who is the director in your state and what qualifications they have. Also find out what they are doing and what they are not so we can head off any further questionable incompetence.

Qualifications for the state campaign chief in Washington: National Campaign Managers wife... Seriously. Aside from that she seems like a dolt. A nice good intentioned woman for sure, but not very competent. It took her like a month+ to even FIND an office. I could have found one and closed the deal in a few days. AMATEUR SHOW.

Akus
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
The unpaid people are nothing short of amazing. The thing is, without that campaign war chest and a media/personal apperance schedule, it's not possible to win. Michigan is an example of where all votes will be a result of grassroots and MSM coverage. It might do okay, but okay doesn't get the nomination. There are no second chances in this.

Something REALLY slick needs to happen well in advance of super Tuesday. Please help get this info passed on. Email this thread to the Meetups in one state. Name your state and then someone else can do another. That way, we may actually get this to someone who can make a difference, in time to save the campaign.

I'm really sick that a person as great as ron Paul is being let down by the people around him. We all are and we are going pay dearly for this. We MUST turn it around. The only I know is to email, email, email. I'm just nobody special and have no ins with anyone.

You have no idea how disheartening it is for a typical grassrooter who's never bothered befor to hear a grassroot fuckup after grassroot fuckup after grassroot fuckup. If we are to go down, it's because of our own disorganization and inexperience and not Illuminati using Satan to talk through Fox news.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes, that's what's so terrible. There is NOTHING wrong with the message or Ron Paul. My GOD, it's the constitution! HUMONGOUS grassroots support and a big wad of money, all being SQUANDERED.

PLEASE, everyone, anyone, scroll up to that Meetup link. I have emailed this thread to several Florida Meetups. PLEASE, pick a state and do the same. Post what state you're doing, here, so it's not duplicated. We MSUT get this urgent message circulated, FAST.

I'm going to be gone all day, tomorrow and I can't do it. In a half hour, you can go through the Meetups in one state and send them this thread. Find the organizer and email it him/her.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Here is the Meetup link, again: http://www.meetup.com/cities/

Eponym_mi
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
" Kerri also wanted to make a major statewide effort to communicate RP's pro-life stance. When one member expressed the thought on the michigan4ronpaul message board that there may be other issues that will win more votes, she had their post deleted."

That was me!! I was soo pissed. I've had nothing to do with HQ since!

I was the one backing you up on that! That thread was supposedly deleted because of what I wrote about the state campaign staff in connection with their idea. Later, I heard through the grapevine that Kerri thought I was just some uneducated hick for saying what I did. I'm not impressed with any of their leadership abilities and Kerri's education especially.:rolleyes:

fuzzybekool
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Since when has the offical campaign been in charge of us ? Everyone complaining of this chick Keri like she is your mommy. Fuck her and just do what it is what we all have been doing. You don't need her permission for anything.

The only thing paid staffers like her should be doing is handing out campaign signs, answering questions voters may have about Ron Paul, registering new voters for Ron Paul, locating voting locations, and stuff like that.

The message sells itself. The problem is getting that message herd despite MSM interference and election rigging.

susano
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Fuzzy, no, the problem is that we have given millions of dollars to this campaign to actually RUN A CAMPAIGN, which they have failed to do, in Michigan.

Grassroots cannot do the work of the national and/or the offical campaign. The tasks and responsibilities are different and the have all the big bucks.

susano
01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I just had a conversation with Mike Knarr, of Ron Paul Revolution Radio. I sent him this thread. I have asked that he get this information to anyone and everyone, in an effort to save our campaign. I believe that Alex Jones will be one of the recipients.

If you have any important, first hand information, about negative experiences with official campaign staff, please post it right here, immediately. We have to do all we can to save our campaign from the people who are destroying it.

Again, I am in Michigan. I was at sign waving, tonight, where McCain's wife appeared. Just prior, I looked at the front page of the Detroit News. Three big pictures of McCain, Romney and Huckabee, with several articles. McCain and Romney attended a big Detriot auto show. Huckabee had a speech and photo op at an auto plant where 200 people are getting laid off. LOTS of coverage on these three, ZERO on Ron Paul. Because the official staff neglected to run a campaign here (no TV, no appearances), it's as though Ron Paul isn't even on the ballot. Really, really, horrible. All that money and no TV.

On a positive note, the two Michigan staffers, Leslie and Kerri, are throwing a party tomorrow night (on your dime).

linusPAULing
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I just had a conversation with Mike Knarr, of Ron Paul Revolution Radio. I sent him this thread. I have asked that he get this information to anyone and everyone, in an effort to save our campaign. I believe that Alex Jones will be one of the recipients.

If you have any important, first hand information, about negative experiences with official campaign staff, please post it right here, immediately. We have to do all we can to save our campaign from the people who are destroying it.

Again, I am in Michigan. I was at sign waving, tonight, where McCain's wife appeared. Just prior, I looked at the front page of the Detroit News. Three big pictures of McCain, Romney and Huckabee, with several articles. McCain and Romney attended a big Detriot auto show. Huckabee had a speech and photo op at an auto plant where 200 people are getting laid off. LOTS of coverage on these three, ZERO on Ron Paul. Because the official staff neglected to run a campaign here (no TV, no appearances), it's as though Ron Paul isn't even on the ballot. Really, really, horrible. All that money and no TV.

On a positive note, the two Michigan staffers, Leslie and Kerri, are throwing a party tomorrow night (on your dime).

This is too depressing for words :(

susano
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone who had first hand experience with bad official campaign, and who is willing to go on Ron Paul Revolution Radio, please post here.

susano
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I just had a quick conversation with someone at Ron Paul Revolution Radio. He talked to Kerri Price, the assisstant state organizer, in Michigan, who has done so much damage to the campaign. Kerri Price told him that the Michigan grassroots were not willing to do the hard work necessary, and that she herself did a really great job.

FIRE THIS BUSH/CHENEY MOLE

Cleaner44
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
We need to all realize that each of us is a leader. We don't need to ask for, wait for or seek the permission of others to do what needs to be done.

Cleaner44
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Since when has the offical campaign been in charge of us ? Everyone complaining of this chick Keri like she is your mommy. Fuck her and just do what it is what we all have been doing. You don't need her permission for anything.

The only thing paid staffers like her should be doing is handing out campaign signs, answering questions voters may have about Ron Paul, registering new voters for Ron Paul, locating voting locations, and stuff like that.

The message sells itself. The problem is getting that message herd despite MSM interference and election rigging.

Amen brother.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
You have no idea how disheartening it is for a typical grassrooter who's never bothered befor to hear a grassroot fuckup after grassroot fuckup after grassroot fuckup. If we are to go down, it's because of our own disorganization and inexperience and not Illuminati using Satan to talk through Fox news.

It doesn't sound like a grassroot fup, but an HQ fup.

They did great when they went to transparent fundraising, why don't they try making more of the campaign transparent as well?

Sure some secrets must be kept, but really, everyone knows the goal, lot's of people know about how to campaign. Just let the best ideas rise to the top and cast off the dead weight.

rpfan2008
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
troll

susano
01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
We need to all realize that each of us is a leader. We don't need to ask for, wait for or seek the permission of others to do what needs to be done.

That is NOT the point, here. We have PAID staffers who not delivering literature and signs. They are sabotaging the grassroots. They ran NO campaign in Michigan.

Lisa S
01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I read an article to by a Nevada newpaper saying Ron Paul had an event somewhere and when the reporter got there were only two reporters. He was confused why more media wasn't there. He offered to interview Ron Paul and Snyder refused and seemed angry. He said he then found out media wasn't there because it was not put out about the event somehow. I know this not about this lady, but it just made me think about campaign is being run. The aritle was very favorable to Dr. Paul except the part about campaign not doing good job about getting media to his events, I don't know if this is an isolated event or if it happens alot. I don't know where article is. It was on digg about three days ago.

susano
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Now, I just had a call from a Meetup organizer in Southern California. He has been placing orders for literature yard signs since NOVEMBER. None of it has been delivered. Everything this guy has done, he has paid for out of his pocket, including making many donations to the official campaign.

This is bullshit.

susano
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
I read an article to by a Nevada newpaper saying Ron Paul had an event somewhere and when the reporter got there were only two reporters. He was confused why more media wasn't there. He offered to interview Ron Paul and Snyder refused and seemed angry. He said he then found out media wasn't there because it was not put out about the event somehow. I know this not about this lady, but it just made me think about campaign is being run. The aritle was very favorable to Dr. Paul except the part about campaign not doing good job about getting media to his events, I don't know if this is an isolated event or if it happens alot. I don't know where article is. It was on digg about three days ago.

That wasn't the article from New Jersey, was it (you sure it was Nevada?)? That same thing happened there. These staffers are treating jouralists like shit. They have press conferences but don't send out press releases. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

belian78
01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Now, I just had a call from a Meetup organizer in Southern California. He has been placing orders for literature yard signs since NOVEMBER. None of it has been delivered. Everything this guy has done, he has paid for out of his pocket, including making many donations to the official campaign.

This is bullshit.

i know the peoria IL meetup has been asking for materials for about 4 months now. i've contacted the southern coordinator, the main coordinator, campaign offices... and nothing. oh well we did get 8 little packets of slimjims that we went through in a weekend... :(

Bossobass
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
This sort of thread is the kind of bullshit that just makes me laugh out loud.

First, I have to tell everyone who is reading this, there ain't no chance in hell some dopey girl is gonna 'sabotage' ANYTHING I do for Ron Paul.

The folks who are posting this crap LET HER sabotage them.

Second, how ridiculous is it to allow this to happen while you all stand by and grumble under your breath about it, then come here after the fact with all of the details?

I've kept up with meetup e-mails daily from NYC, NH, SC low country, SC upstate, Charlotte and several others, as well as stayed in touch with Jim, Kate, Amanda, Chris, Scott, Josh, Avery, etc., directly or indirectly. I can't imagine for one second any of us (or any one of us) grumbling about this person or that person, regardless of who hired them or into what position they were hired, while we let them 'sabotage the state'.

In fact, this sort of thing hasn't come up once in my experience through any of the people I've met and worked with around the country.

The person in charge has to be sharp or that person is either ignored or replaced and the beat goes on. PERIOD.

I would have made life so uncomfortable for such a person that she would have had to complain to HQ, not the other way around. And, it would have happened sooner rather than later.

All I can say to folks from other states is, don't wait until there's nothing that can be done and then whine, blame and ask for your donation back. Get on the horn immediately, even if it's something you only have a feeling about, and...don't start a thread about it here, in a public forum. Ping someone through e-mail, PM or by phone and let it go from there.

Please don't respond to me with some 'you don't know, you weren't there' crap. I'm just saying my piece on these useless, unfounded 'the campaign is incompetent' threads, posts, whatever.

McCain has fired hundreds of staffers. Rudy has also and is asking them to work for free. Huckleberry doesn't have a staff. Mitt could have all the staff on earth and it wouldn't help him in the least with the stupid things he says everywhere he goes. Brownback, Gilmore, Thompson, Tancredo, are ALL out of the race.

The bozos who are ahead of us have constant, daily media attention in newspapers, magazines, on TV and radio. All Ron gets is 'long shot', 'dark horse', 'fringe', 'hopeful' who is 'languishing in the polls'.

Put some blame there, will ya? The campaign has done miraculously to even still be in the race, and they'll be in the race through Super Tuesday. A miracle in it's own rite.

Guliani raised $50 million by the end of the 3rd Qtr, and spent $30 million by October.
Romney had $63 million " " " " " " " and spent $54 million by October.
McCain raised $33 million " " " " " " " and spent $30 million by October.
Ron had raised $8 million " " " " " " " and spent $3 million by October.

$3 million and only negative media against $105 million and mega free media.

THIS is how the campaign began the 4th quarter. At the same time, all of the states so far had moved their primary dates closer and closer to the 1st of the year, designed to head off the momentum of RP.

We donated millions a mere few weeks ago and Ron is in this race. We have no idea what is planned for Super Tuesday because it would be insane to announce publicly, but we seem obsessed with being this campaigns biggest detractors...right here in this forum.

Please let us get the results of the vote tonight before the campaign bashing begins, eh?

Sorry, just not what I want to see in this forum anymore. I hear enough of this shit from the media. Some pea-brained nobody 'sabotaged' Michigan. Sheesh, what next?

Bosso