PDA

View Full Version : What's on your meetup's calendar?

McDermit
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Are you getting down to business and hitting the phones and the pavement, or are you still doing the fun stuff?

What's on your meetup's calendar, and how far off is your primary?

Ours isn't until April 22, and as of right now, the only stuff on the main local meetup is a sign wave, a regular bi-monthly sit down meeting, and then a petition kick off meeting (getting signatures for our delegate candidates and RP's ballot access.)

Just looking for ideas and inspiration, and wanting to see what's happening in the rest of the country.

princessredtights
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Canvassing: Our Primary is in May. Our group is across the river from Vancouver, WA and so we are trying to assist with their canvassing efforts on the weekends.

Banner Brigades: We still have 3 banner brigades (sigh wavings with "custom message signs) each week. Rain or Shine (if you realize how much rain we have ... that's saying a lot!)

Republican Meetings: Our metro area encompasses 3 counties. Our goal is to attend as many Republican Meetings as possible.

Other Meetings: Constitution Party and JBS meetings as they come up.

Social: We try to have at least one really "let your hair down and have some fun" get together each month!

Seasonally: Other events since we've participated include ... Farmer's Market (they wouldn't let us "inside" the market but we had quite the established path leading INTO the market - usually every Saturday morning during the season. Gun Shows. Voter Registration at the Portland Saturday Market (weekends from Thanksgiving to Christmas).

That's what I can remember right now ...

McDermit
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
excellent! that's exactly what i'm looking for. we've never had a "just have fun" meeting. not a bad idea.

and we have virtually no party in the county, so there are no GOP meetings, which really sucks. We have a weekend farmer's market that runs all year. that may be worth looking into. thanks for the idea.

princessredtights
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Our "let down your hair and have fun" meetups seem to have the strongest draw - I think once people can talk and get to know each other as fellow human beings, they are more receptive to plugging into the system.

exer51
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
No matter when yours is I think CANVAS CANVAS CANVAS. I like the idea of 2 people in front of a grocery store or other store personally. You get way more exposure, AND I think you'll end up with more interested people walking up alone than you get doing it house by house TOTAL.

Canvasing is the way. Every person converted earlier will net you several people a month from now. Remember how fanatical YOU became when you found out about RP. Yea. Do it.