PDA

View Full Version : The continued bashing of RP on this Forum

mtmedlin
01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I hate threads that tell people what to do, so I wont. What I will do is point out a flaw in the logic of all that keep bashing him, saying no more money until _______(fill in objection).

If you trust Dr. Paul to be President, then you must trust him in who he will appoint into his Cabinet and Possibly the Supreme Court. You trust him to run a country and to choose those that will advise him to run this country but you dont trust him to choose who to use to run his campaign and how he wants the campaign run. Just because results havent been what you expect doesnt mean that all fo a sudden it is the campaigns fault nor should anyone urge to not give money to the campaign because of it.

Trust is trust. Trust him fully or dont trust him at all.

Vizacar
01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Hmmm...you raise some good points.

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
awesome post

walt
01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I think this is the major issue. If Ron can' t fire incompetent campagn staff - maybe he's not qualified to downsize the government - which is a massive task...

I hope Ron steps up to the plate and makes the right moves...quickly.

zombie bill hicks
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Its not HQ or RP that has me down in the dumps......its the supporters. PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED GIVING MONEY TO RON PAUL.

We are halfway through January now and we still havent cracked the one million mark! If RPs own supporters wont support him, how can we expect to win? We cant.

tekmo
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
you hit it on the head. this should be at the top.

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I think this is the major issue. If Ron can' t fire incompetent campagn staff - maybe he's not qualified to downsize the government - which is a massive task...

I hope Ron steps up to the plate and makes the right moves...quickly.

Well my trust is in God first, But Ron Paul second.
I might be that things ARE being done that none of Us see or understand.
I may be also ( and I hope this is not true) that the American people are too selfish, ignorant, or stupid to deserve Freedom.
Time will tell.

I will remain optimistic.

JS4Pat
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Its not HQ or RP that has me down in the dumps......its the supporters. PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED GIVING MONEY TO RON PAUL.

And that is because of HQs and RP! :rolleyes:

OrbitalGun
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
While he may want to let go some of the staff, he may also be weighing the impact on the campaign that would result from those actions. The media loves a good shake-up story...just look at the Ghoul and McLaim.

Perhaps RPs silence is a great strategy that shows his experience in politics. If we trust him, we will follow his lead.

zombie bill hicks
01-13-2008, 01:59 PM
And that is because of HQs and RP! :rolleyes:

Well, then, its a wrap! Good luck RP, cuz you're not getting a dime from us anymore.

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
The ball's in his court. Leadership often requires taking the initiative.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM

We are halfway through January now and we still havent cracked the one million mark! If RPs own supporters wont support him, how can we expect to win? We cant.

I donated and would like to donate some more but I am afraid my donation will end up as a surplus. I haven't see any Ron Paul ads on TV and have no idea how the campaign plans to spend the millions it has raised. Someone even asked this question on another thread "When will the campaign start?"

davidhperry
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I hate threads that tell people what to do, so I wont. What I will do is point out a flaw in the logic of all that keep bashing him, saying no more money until _______(fill in objection).

If you trust Dr. Paul to be President, then you must trust him in who he will appoint into his Cabinet and Possibly the Supreme Court. You trust him to run a country and to choose those that will advise him to run this country but you dont trust him to choose who to use to run his campaign and how he wants the campaign run. Just because results havent been what you expect doesnt mean that all fo a sudden it is the campaigns fault nor should anyone urge to not give money to the campaign because of it.

QFT. I think people have been too willing to criticize, myself included, without having all the facts.

constituent
01-13-2008, 04:19 PM
he's still gonna win.

just thought i'd share that w/ ya.

tsetsefly
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM

the campaign is incompetent period. And FDR is the president who has had the most legislation batted down by the supreme court because it was unconstitutional...

jrich4rpaul
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
People want ads, Paul needs money. America likes ads, it makes the candidate's face familiar. It's that simple.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I trust Dr Paul, but he cannot oversee everything.

For example, there is simply NO EXCUSE for the terrible ads the campaign has put out with our. They are simply the worst ads I have ever seen in the history of politics, with the possible exception of Tancredo's.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, then, its a wrap! Good luck RP, cuz you're not getting a dime from us anymore.

"us"? who are you representing? It's certainly not me. Try speaking for yourself why don't you?

manny
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I donated and would like to donate some more but I am afraid my donation will end up as a surplus. I haven't see any Ron Paul ads on TV and have no idea how the campaign plans to spend the millions it has raised. Someone even asked this question on another thread "When will the campaign start?"

When he comes he will come hard, just as every other candidate has nothing left, no front-runenr status and have fought each other to a standstill.

We trust him to be president! 4000 couples trusted him to deliver their baby. I think we can trust him to organize tv ads.

For example, let's say he spent millions in Iowa and came away with second or third. The media would have forgotten him by now.

Did McCain win in 2000? Buchanan in '96?

Ron has a huge treasure chest now. And we should be adding to it.

I think he's playing it smart - the others are pushing hard and not getting much in return, peaking too early, raising expectations in public that they then fail to meet.

Ron's strategy has a big risk to it, no doubt. But the big rewards usually come from the big risk.

How many millions did Mitt blow to try get a risk-free first couple of victories? Now people talk endlessly "will he drop out"? Ron knows these things are often beyond the control of money/ads, and about momentum.

As a few more guys drop out and Ron will pick up steam.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Well put.

I Am Weasel
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I personally think the results in NH and Iowa did a lot of damage to the growth of the campaign as far as money is concerned. I still plan on donating on the 21st, but why isn't the 21st being promoted as much as it the 5th of November or the 16th of December? Answer that...

joeu
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I personally think the results in NH and Iowa did a lot of damage to the growth of the campaign as far as money is concerned. I still plan on donating on the 21st, but why isn't the 21st being promoted as much as it the 5th of November or the 16th of December? Answer that...

Donations should go to grassroot efforts in every state that has a primary on Feb. 5. It's unfortuate but true that the official campaign is incompetent. Worse still is the reality that the hard decisons, the rolling of staff heads, that are necessary to restore supporter confidence in RP will not be taken.

It's true what RP has been saying all along. It is not him that we support as much as it is the message.

For the message to become a reality the grassrooots in Feb. 5 primary states should fundraise for state events, not the national campaign staff. The grassroots can do a better job promoting Ron Paul, especially if each state has local control of the fundraising. A form of states' rights if you will....

all J's in IL for RP
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM

I think it's more a case of group-think in the grassroots that they know better than professional campaigners how to be successful at politics. These are variously people who march ineffectually at peace rallies, demonstrate uselessly at supranational economic forums, bore their friends to tears about how 9/11 was an inside job or how elections are rigged.

Campaigns won by Ron Paul when he was not an incumbent: 3

Campaigns won by the grassroots: ???