PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, How the Heck Are We Going to Raise $23 Mil before Super Tues???

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm sure my plane's getting ready to be shot down in flames, but shouldn't Ron take the FEC matching contribution funds? If he's said we need another $23 mil, how the heck are we going to come up with this kind of money in time?

What's the beef with using this FEC money? I don't understand. With the race tightening and Ron placing in 5th in both IA and NH...if he doesn't get AT LEAST 4th in one of the upcoming early primaries before Super Tuesday (Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina and Florida) then he doesn't get an invite to the last GOP debate before 2/5.

Thoughts?

qh4dotcom
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
How to raise $23 million...that's easy....take out a loan

Rebel Resource
01-13-2008, 01:16 PM
What I can't understand is why there is a week to go before the big moneybomb, and they only have 7.7k pledges. Didn't the Tea Party have ~30k pledges?

Our only hope of getting close to $20m is if we hit $10m on the 21st.

tcindie
01-13-2008, 01:19 PM
There's a lot of new supporters that haven't donated any or much yet (myself included)... with the MLK day money bomb around the corner.. it could happen. Even a fraction of that can go a long way.

Remember we're talking about a guy who gives back a portion of his congressional pay each term.

Think about this.. the lack of national ads while all the other candidates blow tens of millions of dollars like it's pocket change goes a long way to proving he's fiscally conservative. Yes every state is important, but there are a whole hell of a lot of them that have their primaries on Feb 5 or later.

If I don't see/hear any ads by the 25th I'll start to worry.

In the mean time. Just keep plugging away and getting the lit and web links to as many people as you can.

ChickenHawk
01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I think that many people where convinced the polls were all wrong and Ron Paul was going to double or triple his numbers in IA and NH. When that didn't happen it seriously damaged the confidence of a lot of supporters. Many people have already given more than they could afford and are not going to be too excited about giving more to what they may now see as a losing battle. It is going to take a major event to raise 23 million. I have hard time imagining this quarter will be half as successful as last quarter.

Dlynne
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I bet if Paul showed that he is seriously in this race to win, he would raise the cash he needs. Of course, that would mean a complete shake up with his staff. He wouldn't have to fire them, necessarily, but he would need to put some people who know what they are doing in charge.

tamor
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
He will not take FEC matching funds. Do we have any big name African American supporters that can help spread the word?

RoamZero
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
A combination of money bombs and a prayer that Ron Paul wins a state before Feb. 5th.

Scotto
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
iF WE TIE THE MEETUPS BY STATE, AND SHOW PARTICIPATION BY MEETUP, AND ALLOCATE THE $23 MILLION BY SUPER TUESDAY STATE, IT'S DOESN'T LOOK AS BIG. WE COULD GET THE MLK PEOPLE TO OBTAIN MEETUP DATA FROM THEIR PLEDGES AND FEED THIS SYSTEM.

PLEDGES WOULD BE TRACKED BY MEETUP AND BY STATE. NON-SUPER TUESDAY STATE MEETUP PARTICIPANTS WOULD BE ADDED THE GENERAL PLEDGE AND REDUCE THE OVERALL ALLOCATION BY STATE, PROPORTIONATELY.

I NEED HELP BUILDING THIS THING. I'M NOT A PROGRAMMER.

St st pop % pop. goal per state $ pledged % comp # pledges # of meetup members in state paticipation rate per state

1 AL 4,599 3.2% $739,461.43
2 AK 670 0.5% $107,727.58
3 AZ 6,166 4.3% $991,415.35
4 AR 2,810 2.0% $451,812.70
5 CA 36,457 25.5% $5,861,827.66
6 CO 4,753 3.3% $764,222.70
7 CT 3,504 2.4% $563,399.19
8 DE 853 0.6% $137,151.69
9 GA 9,363 6.5% $1,505,452.79
10 IL 12,831 9.0% $2,063,063.63
11 MA 6,437 4.5% $1,034,988.74
12 MN 5,167 3.6% $830,788.70
13 MO 5,842 4.1% $939,320.22
14 MT 944 0.7% $151,783.34
15 NJ 8,724 6.1% $1,402,709.62
16 NY 19,306 13.5% $3,104,162.30
17 ND 635 0.4% $102,100.02
18 OK 3,579 2.5% $575,458.24 0.0%
19 TN 6,038 4.2% $970,834.56 0.0%
20 UT 2,550 1.8% $410,007.97 0.0%
21 WV 1,818 1.3% $292,311.56 0.0%

143,046 100% $23,000,000.00

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
For this campaign to receive any more of my hard earned money will take Dr. Paul announcing he is taking Federal matching money and the hiring of a Top Gun Slinger to run the operation.

colecrowe
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I think we should definitely not think of this in the same way we thought of the nov 5 and dec 16 money bombs. This started as a small-amount fundraiser, even as little as $10 per person if that's all we could afford--trying to get as many donors as possible was the goal--not a record shattering amount. Even a million dollars would be wonderful for the campaign and for morale. Even more important of a number will be the # of donors and # of new donors.

But I do think the people on the http://www.donate2008.org/, the http://teaparty07.com/, and the http://thisnovember5th.com/ mailing lists, should get a message like now (earlier is better) and early in the morning on Jan 21. As long as it is ONLY 2 EMAILS and no more, I don't see that anyone would object. They should make sure that there is an easy way to unsubscribe in that email--that also would make people feel a ton better about it.

As well as a bulletin to the myspace friends, a facebook alert, and an email from Bydlak.

Nobody on meetup http://ronpaul.meetup.com/, myspace http://myspace.com/ronpaul2008, and facebook http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=6233046685 knows.

I just made it an event (fundraiser--not "money bomb") for our meetup, and I am messaging about 5 meetups around me to do the same--but almost absolutely nobody in any of the meetups knows about the Jan 21st MLK fundraiser at http://freeatlast2008.com/

This is a huge problem and a huge, easy, oppurtunity.

What can we do to get the very important info to every meetup NOW--it has to be an EVENT--having messages about it is nowhere near good enough. Earlier is always way better. A banner and video on the myspace page would be great. I messaged the pagemaster of his myspace page.

thisisgiparti
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Paul is campaigning like he isn't going to get anymore money -- but it is a SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY. No results = No money.

Because, the REAL problem is as follows:

1) The grassroots were (apparently falsely) led to believe that the strategy was to WIN in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

2) The grassroots was told that $12 Million was needed by Dec 31 to accomplish #1.

3) The grassroots provided the $12 Million essentially a month early, as this total was (for all intents and purposed) reached by the beginning of December.

4) The grassroots EXCEEDED the $12 Million dollars by donating an additional $8 Million -- for a total of $20 Million by the end of the 4th Quarter.

5) Many of those who donated (often earning less than $30K per YEAR) either skimped on Christmas presents for their families (!) delayed paying various household bills (!!) and some even went into debt to donate just a bit more (!!!).

6) PUBLICLY, ON AIR, the candidate has stated that his campaign was "struggling to know what to do with all of that money."

And now, after FAILING to demonstrate that it actually followed through with the plan in #1, and keeping #6 in mind as well, along comes the campaign chairman (who draws a +30K per MONTH salary) saying that they need yet ANOTHER $23 Million, ASAP in order to "win."

Despite the fact that EVERY OTHER CAMPAIGN AND CANDIDATE has discussed their various "strategies" -- not just to their donors, but also publicly -- on TV and Radio in interviews and forums. (So is it some "secret war plan"? No one else seems to think so.)

But crucially, critically, THIS campaign believes that it does not owe ANYTHING for an explanation or information, or even a MERE HINT of it's strategy (even AFTER the fact to explain WHY the strategy was changed so dramatically in IA, NH, & SC and the other early states) to the people who are expected to sacrifice time, resources and money.

Instead the grassroots supporters are left to "speculate" on rumors and misinformation as to what the heck is REALLY going on... they are left to wonder and come up with a variety of "theories" what the "super-secret-brilliant-dynamic-duo-P.L.A.N." really IS for winning the campaign.

Even the recent addition of a "Grassroots Communications Coordinator" is nothing but a sad, sad joke... as nothing for actual communication has yet taken place -- the blog contains nothing but "wrapper" text around links to press-releases or news stories -- ALL information available either directly on the site, or elsewhere in the community.

In truth, it is the CAMPAIGN STAFF who are acting like spoiled little children that need to be taken to the woodshed and given a good, solid spanking.

And THAT is what is being done by the people NOT donating.

And it is also what is happening in each of the primaries (the VOTERS are saying "You have not convinced me to vote for you").

Most sadly is that, in the end the campaign staff WILL play the "blame game" just one time -- and they will (ironically) claim that it is the LACK OF MONEY that caused them to lose the election!

Pete
01-13-2008, 02:27 PM
+1

Iowa wasn't SO bad, but the NH results and the newsletter scandal on top of it have seriously stolen our momentum. The SC debate was good in that it may have won some converts and helped hearten the faithful, but it was not enough to turn the tide.

RP needs to do something breathtaking in the next couple of weeks in order to bring in a spate of new money and supporters.

hemingway811
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I do not believe he gives back any of his salary. From what I recall, it is the money left over from his Congressional Office Budget that he returns each year.

BenIsForRon
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Guys, it's about the movement, not the candidate. We keep supporting Paul until this thing is over, and if he doesn't win then we will learn from this experience and be better prepared to support the next candidate that comes along. Hopefully there will be many potential senators and representatives to step forward in 2010 on the message of liberty.

seapilot
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM
He should take the FEC matching funds. Know he cant do it out of principal yet he should look at it like the earmarks he gets for his district.

We his supporters want our country back and all the money the IRS steals we should get a little back to do some good with. 20 million more would get the message out there that much better.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Guys, it's about the movement, not the candidate. We keep supporting Paul until this thing is over, and if he doesn't win then we will learn from this experience and be better prepared to support the next candidate that comes along. Hopefully there will be many potential senators and representatives to step forward in 2010 on the message of liberty.

Sorry, for me it is about winning the election now which means our candidate had better take the matching funds and hire someone who knows how to run a campaign for President of the United States of America.

If one of the other Bozo's from either party gets elected our worst dreams could very well come true before the "movement" ever gets a chance to run another candidate.

Dlynne
01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Forget it folks, this campaign is dead.

Is it too late for the campaign to be resurrected?. If not, only Paul has the power to do that, and it will take some decisive action on his part.

wfd40
01-13-2008, 02:56 PM

yeah, because there are sooooo many other constitutional candidates with a 30year voting record like Dr. Paul's... not to mention an equivelent understanding of free-market economics and foreign policy/world history.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Paul is our last, best hope...

There is no other Dr. Paul out there...

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Is it too late for the campaign to be resurrected?. If not, only Paul has the power to do that, and it will take some decisive action on his part.

Obviously, the only way we will find out is in he event he does take decisive action.
If he doesn't, we'll never know whether it was possible.

thisisgiparti
01-13-2008, 03:13 PM

I think Ron Paul raising $20 million as a Republican presidential candidate means this is about the candidate and not "the movement." If the LP wants political cred, they should start at the local level and build from there, not try to hijack the Republican party, unless they're ready to play hard ball like the neoconservatives did.

There is no organization, no game plan, no serious effort, BUT there's a good candidate. I think most of the donors, and I speak from my own experience without having given as much as most of the people pulling this campaign along, we would like to see RP in the White House.

Ron Paul needs to run as a Republican and show the same fire he had at the SC debate. I think the establishment likes him, the media likes him, and the people like him. More people will come on board when he stands tall as a leader.

He needs to campaign to hard and to win. He needs to cut the dead weight in his staff.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 03:18 PM
MLK Bomb is in big trouble, part because of the poor performance in NH and part because of the racial newsletter scandal. It's hard to expect a fundraiser centered around a black civil rights leader to be unaffected when Ron Paul is being smeared as a racist. Another reason for Dr. Paul to find out who wrote the letters and expose them.

thisisgiparti
01-13-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah, because there are sooooo many other constitutional candidates with a 30year voting record like Dr. Paul's... not to mention an equivelent understanding of free-market economics and foreign policy/world history.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Paul is our last, best hope...

There is no other Dr. Paul out there...

I don't think he's any great white hope, if he protects racists in his staff. I don't think he can accomplish the changes he barely communicates, if he can't run a campaign. I think his voting record makes people think he's kooky and obstinate sometimes. He needs to get it together. No one wants an idiot savant in the White House. An idiot for 7 years was more than we could take, and he got in there by running a campaign.

thisisgiparti
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
MLK Bomb is in big trouble, part because of the poor performance in NH and part because of the racial newsletter scandal. It's hard to expect a fundraiser centered around a black civil rights leader to be unaffected when Ron Paul is being smeared as a racist. Another reason for Dr. Paul to find out who wrote the letters and expose them.

he knows who wrote them. I suspect it's just dawning on him, but I could be wrong.

liberteebell
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Next candidate????? Maybe in your lifetime if you're really young, but probably not in mine. Sorry but even though this movement is a long term thing, I've been working and sacrificing and donating so Ron Paul can win and I've managed to convince others that he has a chance if only they'll do the same. I have not emptied my bank account, ignored my job, orphaned my children, allowed my house to become a disaster area and spent countless hours on this campaign to spread ideas or for some future congressional candidate to run. Nope, sorry. This is IT and I have NO PLANS to give up. EVER!

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. ~Thomas Payne

Somehow, someway Ron Paul needs to get out there and kick some a$$. Spend every dime, take matching federal funds, whatever it takes to revive this and keep it going.

As for matching federal funds. He should take them. Period. People have to check a box in order to give money to fund elections. Therefore, it is voluntary. Therefore, it does not go against any principles that I can think of. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

freelance
01-13-2008, 03:29 PM

It is NOT too late, but it'll take a turnaround moment. The Clintons do it over and over and over again. Hell, Bill Clinton even did it AGAIN after impeachment in his SOTU address.

I think the establishment likes him, the media likes him,

You're kidding, right? They HATE him, and for good reason. Their gravy train is over if he gets elected.

Charles Wilson
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sure my plane's getting ready to be shot down in flames, but shouldn't Ron take the FEC matching contribution funds? If he's said we need another $23 mil, how the heck are we going to come up with this kind of money in time?

What's the beef with using this FEC money? I don't understand. With the race tightening and Ron placing in 5th in both IA and NH...if he doesn't get AT LEAST 4th in one of the upcoming early primaries before Super Tuesday (Wyoming, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina and Florida) then he doesn't get an invite to the last GOP debate before 2/5.

Thoughts?

I agree 100 Percent. I emailed the campaign HQ a few days ago and suggested that they apply for matching funds. I think it is ridiculous not to. At least some of those smearing Ron Paul would have to pay some of the freight.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
How to raise $23 million...that's easy....take out a loan

Possibly. At this point taking the matching funds doesn't strike me as the worst idea in the world either. Ron Paul is going to have to make a decision as to whether or not he is willing to compromise in small ways (borrowing money, taking public funds already allocated for his campaign) for the possibility of changing the system in a big way. It's his call to make, but I wouldn't be against him doing both.

I do fear that the lackluster showings in New Hampshire and Iowa demoralized the grassroots and has discouraged recent donations. Only the most wildly optimistic and naive individuals (like me) thought he really had a chance of winning or placing 2nd. , but a 3rd place showing in either race would have caused much more momentum for him than it has for the others. At least in my opinion.

NMCB3
01-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Forget it folks, this campaign is dead.Thats the spirit. :rolleyes:

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't think he's any great white hope, if he protects racists in his staff. I don't think he can accomplish the changes he barely communicates, if he can't run a campaign. I think his voting record makes people think he's kooky and obstinate sometimes. He needs to get it together. No one wants an idiot savant in the White House. An idiot for 7 years was more than we could take, and he got in there by running a campaign.

Will you please respond to my post, #91, in this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=88143&highlight=WilliamC&page=10

before you keep calling these newsletters racist? I haven't seen all of them but what I have seen is, at best, bigoted. Bigotry, while not a good thing that I am defending, is not the same as racism, which is a much more serious accusation.

I agree about the damage this can do, but based on the evidence I've seen (pdf files of several of the newsletters in question and out of context quotes from others) I very much disagree with Ron Paul supporters continuing to claim he is somehow supporting or covering up racism. Please show me where I am wrong, if I am.

You are really starting to sound like you enjoy spreading discontent more than you do spreading the message of individual liberty and Constitutionally restrained government.

The Lantern
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
For this campaign to receive any more of my hard earned money will take Dr. Paul announcing he is taking Federal matching money and the hiring of a Top Gun Slinger to run the operation.

I hear Karl Rove is available.

liberteebell
01-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Possibly. At this point taking the matching funds doesn't strike me as the worst idea in the world either. Ron Paul is going to have to make a decision as to whether or not he is willing to compromise in small ways (borrowing money, taking public funds already allocated for his campaign) for the possibility of changing the system in a big way. It's his call to make, but I wouldn't be against him doing both.

I do fear that the lackluster showings in New Hampshire and Iowa demoralized the grassroots and has discouraged recent donations. Only the most wildly optimistic and naive individuals (like me) thought he really had a chance of winning or placing 2nd. , but a 3rd place showing in either race would have caused much more momentum for him than it has for the others. At least in my opinion.

Re: wildly optimistic and naive: that would be me as well.:cool:

I'm not giving up. And I seriously can't believe others are. It is up to each individual to give it our best shot to make it happen. What other choice is there???

Ron Paul for the long haul!

The Lantern
01-13-2008, 03:59 PM
He should take the FEC matching funds. Know he cant do it out of principal yet he should look at it like the earmarks he gets for his district.

We his supporters want our country back and all the money the IRS steals we should get a little back to do some good with. 20 million more would get the message out there that much better.

I checked the little box on my tax return authorizing some of my tax money to finance the Presidential election. I want Dr. Paul to accept my tax dollars that I had earmarked for that specific purpose.

Charles Wilson
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Will you please respond to my post, #91, in this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=88143&highlight=WilliamC&page=10

before you keep calling these newsletters racist? I haven't seen all of them but what I have seen is, at best, bigoted. Bigotry, while not a good thing that I am defending, is not the same as racism, which is a much more serious accusation.

I agree about the damage this can do, but based on the evidence I've seen (pdf files of several of the newsletters in question and out of context quotes from others) I very much disagree with Ron Paul supporters continuing to claim he is somehow supporting or covering up racism. Please show me where I am wrong, if I am.

You are really starting to sound like you enjoy spreading discontent more than you do spreading the message of individual liberty and Constitutionally restrained government.

Many folks throw the word "racist" around when they do not know the definition. Please check out the following and see if you still believe Ron Paul is a racist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism .

I have had the honor of meeting Ron Paul. I am convinced that he does not have a mean bone in his body. The charge of racism against this wonderful man is nothing more than dirty tricks by those that want him to fail.

With the racist charges against Ron Paul dominating the Internet and MSM, I suppose you have not noticed that the people making that charge support the fascists in control of the government and the MSM.

If you really want to get down and dirty start calling a spade a spade, NeoCon is just another name for Fascist. Check out the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_and_ideology.

angrydragon
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Dr. Paul needs to explode up in the polls. Winning or getting in the top 3 in the early states will do that.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
bump due to movement to new forum

rexsolomon
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Clearly, there is ARROGANCE and naivete proliferating within the official RP campaign in their belief that people will keep on betting hard money on a horse that came in near dead last in the last two races.

How to raise $23 million is simple. You first have to win by a landslide in one of the next three states primaries.

So how do you win in the next three states after MI?

1.) Dr. Paul must focus ALL his resources on winning convincingly soon.

2.) Dr. Paul has to set up a 'skunkworks team', and drop his cordon sanitaire fanboys.

3.) "High turnout" is not the problem. We MUST address the ROOT CAUSE:

Dr. Paul's messages itself needs refinement so that it appeals to the majority (Democrats, Independents and Republicans) and not just a niche in the Republican party.

4.) We have not learned our lesson in New Hampshire. That Dr. Paul is for 'bringing all the troops home' and ending the wars is NOT enough.

Dr. Paul must follow through with a 'Just War' ad or statement that dealing with terrorist insurgents who attacked us on 9/11 is a job for spies, and NOT the military.

5.) Dr. Paul has to come out with an ad or statement about the U.S. economy and how he will help the common man (or woman) better than any other candidate - Republican or Democrat.

My message to Dr. Paul is this: the grassroots made your campaign possible. Listen to very carefully to the warnings of the grassroots - on your own Dr. Paul - disregard what your fanboys are saying and listen to your supporters.

It is not about raising $23 million. Dr. Paul had nada, nothing, zilch when he started.

We can still win this. IF AND ONLY IF the offical RP campaign can show that it can adapt and improve.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I hear Karl Rove is available.

:eek: I said "a" Top Gun Slinger not any.

Rebel Resource
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Winning a primary is impossible with vote fraud.

We have to operate always on the assumption there will be fraud.

But we cannot challenge it every step of the way; that is why the NH recount makes little sense.

We have to challenge it strategically.

But in terms of importance, a close second to winning the election is educating and uniting America against tyranny.

So the most important question, for now, is:

How to we inspire continued donations and commitment to the cause in the face of disappointing electoral results?

Sure, we push to get results, but our operation should increasingly be tailored on the assumption that electoral results are not guaranteed, whatever support we garner on the ground.

Cyclone
01-13-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/25433#comment-216081

This might be a solution. 30 million x 1 dollar each...???

steph3n
01-13-2008, 05:06 PM

sorry but you are clueless.

You dont realize that there are STRING attached to FEC "funds" that limit your expenditures in states, regions, etc.

nc4rp
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
im raising my nov 5th and dec 18th donations from $100/$135 to $200
if everyone does this were looking at 10 million on Jan 17th.

Karsten
01-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I hate to break it to you but we are fizzleing. We're only at like 10K for the entire day today, and free at last doesn't even have 8,000 pledges yet (tea party had over 30,000). Plus, people are only asked to give at least 10 for free at last, not 100 like the tea party. I fear the past negative week has taken a tool on us.

gracebkr
01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
We need to be spreading the word. We need to be getting out and bringing in new donors. MLK day we should all have a goal to get at least 5 people to donate the minimum, which is 10 bucks. We need to get people serious and do the work and everything else will fall into place. If we get people involved they will be inclined to donate. Shit, we are broke and I am donating. I am going to get my brother to and my friend. Now I only need 3 more people, not including myself.

LibertyEagle
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Bob, if we lay down, or curl up in a corner, yes, it's over.

We have a long way to go and by God, I'm not near ready to give up yet. We used to know that this campaign was more than just winning. It was also about doing everything we could to wake up our fellow Americans to what is going on in our country.

I'm not giving up. I hope you will not either.

ronpaulyourmom
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Solution: www.ronpauladdress.com

Donate with a specific purpose in mind, gain credibility with a nationwide address, and get the mojo back.

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Ben, I appreciate your forward-thinking optimism, but many of us grassroots-level supporters aren't dumping hundreds of hours and dollars (if not thousands of dollars) into this campaign to simply "learn from this experience." In all modesty, sir, I realize that when the brainwashed masses pick the feel-good candidate, the candidate name on the last sign they see before entering the voting booth, etc, the odds are against a truth-teller like Dr. Paul; however, IF WE'RE GOING TO DO THIS CAMPAIGN FROM THE BOTTOM UP, we'd need hundreds of thousands more volunteers to hit every doorstep. Meanwhile, we've created publicity on the TV and internet news outlets alike by donating money that we could've spent at the local level, if needed be.

We need two things from HQ: 1) Persistency, and 2) Intensity . Without money, you get mediocrity at best on both fronts.

The MLK day money bomb will not have the same momentum as Nov. 5 and Dec. 16.

We need to take this money. Now.

Rebel Resource
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I think we are moving to a phase where the first internet battle has been fought, and we have gained our solid base of internet warriors. Many of these have maxxed out or cannot afford to donate like they did on Dec 16th.

However, I would estimate that we'll get between 50k and 60k donors on the 21st, because the pledge system is less of a big thing. People just can't be bothered to pledge, but they will donate. Remember all are on the email lists and have been notified.

Increasingly, our support is spreading to the real grassroots America, and most of these people have had no notice of this moneybomb.

Of course there is a mentality of doubt about throwing money after a candidate that is stuck at 10% in the polls. We have to find ways to overcome this difficulty, but I don't think our support is overly concerned so far...it will become a serious problem if we don't see some 3rds or 2nds in the coming weeks.

Goldwater Conservative
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Realistically, win a primary AND put an end to the newsletter controversy (which would probably mean finding the ghostwriter responsible or someone taking the fall).

Up until the first primary, the only way to raise money is by asking for it. If you want more money after the primaries start, however, you have to have produced results. Notice the trouble Rudy is in? Same thing happens every time somebody goes for an "unconventional," usually national, strategy, like Wesley Clark's in 2004.

We're all capitalists here, so we know the importance of proper investment. Similarly, we understand the futility of subsidizing a failing business. The campaign needs to use what it has left and turn itself around before people put more of their money on the line.

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I checked the little box on my tax return authorizing some of my tax money to finance the Presidential election. I want Dr. Paul to accept my tax dollars that I had earmarked for that specific purpose.

EXAAAACCCCCTTTTTLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!

Paulbot_9876
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
in 4 days you are going to see the money start rolling in......i think people are tired of online polls and signing up for things......people are just mellowing out here i do believe.....just sitting back and waiting to strike.....this campaign is not dead at all.....it is alive and kicking....
we need alex to help promote the 17th and 21st.....we need to break records.....lets push a 5 day record of over 15 million...... we can do this people..... rp is alive and well..... i will put 250 in...i cant afford it really.....but i will sacrifice some credit problems for this.... you have to want it.....i want it so bad that it is driving me crazy here.....

RPSignbomb
01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
If Dr. Paul can place ear marks on bills he can take the matching funds. TAKE THE MATCHING FUNDS DR. PAUL! :)

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
If Dr. Paul can place ear marks on bills he can take the matching funds. TAKE THE MATCHING FUNDS DR. PAUL! :)

Exactly; same principle. We're getting some of our tax money "back," in an indirect fashion, by supporting the only candidate who vows to restore our sovereignty.

It's like when Ron was asked by Cavuto about the $500 donation from a white supremacist in FL, and he said why return it so that he could use it for bad purposes?
By like token, why let the IRS funnel our tax money into some dead-end federal program???

Take the FEC funds. For us, the grassroots supporters.

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Do I need to start a petition on this, so that HQ will acknowledge our restlessness with this issue?

seawolf
01-13-2008, 06:05 PM
If some on this thread no longer wish to contribute to the Official Campaign then for the sake of LIBERTY donate to one of the Outstanding Grassroot Projects.

http:operationbroadcastfreedom.com has two great ad's up and ready to go in both Nevada and South Carolina. The deadline is Monday an Noon!!!

As far as FEC Matching Funds that is Dr. Paul's decision.

As for me I will be increasing my donations on January 21st. I will not give up!! This is a movement!!!

Fields
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Realistically, win a primary AND put an end to the newsletter controversy (which would probably mean finding the ghostwriter responsible or someone taking the fall).

Up until the first primary, the only way to raise money is by asking for it. If you want more money after the primaries start, however, you have to have produced results. Notice the trouble Rudy is in? Same thing happens every time somebody goes for an "unconventional," usually national, strategy, like Wesley Clark's in 2004.

We're all capitalists here, so we know the importance of proper investment. Similarly, we understand the futility of subsidizing a failing business. The campaign needs to use what it has left and turn itself around before people put more of their money on the line.

Spot on. I am sure if Ron wanted to find the writer of that letter he could, although I'm sure he knows who it is and is protecting him.

jbrace
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm donating the most I have to date on the 21st

Doc Dewey
01-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I am donating to the MLK money bomb. We have shown that the base grassroots supporters need a focus for a push. It can be a money bomb, a primary, a great idea, or a great success. The grass roots is just waiting for an inspiration. We gave the official campaign 20 million dollars, lets see some results. Do you think that the grassroots will ignore RP if he comes in 3rd in the next primary. He will get as much money as he needs when he does well. All he needs is one win.
I was expecting the new supporters to be pouring in and adding to my periodic bomb donations. If we just keep the same base, as energetic as we are, we won't make enough difference. I think the results in New Hampshire broke a lot of the momentum. I still can not understand the lack of support with so much of the state claiming to be independent. Dr Paul can certainly hold his own in any company. The campaign staff also needs to have some stars in it. I'm sure my concerns are the same as thousands of others. We have a winning candidate, a winning grass roots, now we need a winning campaign.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 06:35 PM
sorry but you are clueless.

You dont realize that there are STRING attached to FEC "funds" that limit your expenditures in states, regions, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been out of the country for a decade and not up to date with all the details. I quickly did some research and it looks like the whole campaign finance system is skewed to favor those who can command the donations from the special interests.

It becomes a hard decision for without any success at the polls in the first two primaries compounded by the smear by TNR donations have fallen off sharply.

If you take the matching money to be more competitive in the next few primaries you then run the risk of running out of funding for the latter primaries.

Resource page on Presidential campaign finance: http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/presfin04.html

acroso
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't stop believin' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gdMCxwUD-Q&feature=related)

wgadget
01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Perhaps if he announced an equally AWESOME running mate he'd catch a little momentum?

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Bottom line: "Who is Ron Paul?" needs to become an obsolete question, BEFORE February 5, 2008.

Willin
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Where the hell is the Ron Paul Girl when we need her?... But, seriously, there was a groundswell of creative buzz-worthy internet videos that just hit you in the face a few months ago - you couldn't miss it unless you were blind.

Seriously, I feel like this is where the momentum comes from, gets people to let their guard down and listen for once. And, I'm pretty darn sure these MLK/Ron Paul videos are NOT doing the same thing.

Simple coherent message that again embodies the things that piss people off and convince them that their donation can make a difference. Has ANYONE made another appeal to the folks who made the 1st set of great videos for the money bombs??????

Paulbot_9876
01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Bottom line: "Who is Ron Paul?" needs to become an obsolete question, BEFORE February 5, 2008.

yes,maybe,could work if we go back to the basics this started on.......more people now to put this out than we started with......

Willin
01-13-2008, 06:58 PM
i.e. we need an internet VIRAL video on crack, the kind people who aren't even interested in politics hear about and go google/youtube it.

This buzz is what made Ron Paul. His "brand-name" appeal is beginning to take on some flack with the recent obstacles, but because he is so unknown to so many people in this country, I think the appeal can be re-generated IF we can encourage people to make these attention-getters.

The early set of videos associated with previous money bombs: 1) Incited all that pissed us off about the current establishment 2) some were funny/witty/attention getting (i.e. Liz's RP Girl vids) and 3) appeal to what's so great about our history - i.e. the Revolution.

What is the new formula? I'm not sure , but it had better include all of the above plus whatever else folks can imagine.

robert4rp08
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Someone take out a loan for $20 million, distribute it out to RP supporters so they can donate, then declare bankruptcy. haha

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Ron Paul needs to run as a Republican and show the same fire he had at the SC debate. I think the establishment likes him, the media likes him, and the people like him. More people will come on board when he stands tall as a leader.

My pardon, but what bizarro world are you living in? The "establishment" if you mean most people who work for the government, may like Ron Paul as a person but they sure do seem to despise his message. The media surely doesn't like him, unless you think the near total blackout of his campaign somehow means they like him. As for the people, well, they are who we are hoping will come through for us. But my understanding is that Ron Paul has the highest negative ratings of all the Republican's as measured by the polls, so I don't rightly know how you come to this conclusion either.

Are you a precinct leader? If so, where? Have you donated to Ron Paul's campaign? If so are you willing to show us a confirmation number? It's really hard to tell these things from an online posting history, but to me you really do sound like you are out to do more harm to Ron Paul's campaign than good.

William Colley
Precinct leader, Senatobia, MS

William Colley,

Thank you very much for your donation of $200.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T247781-106651067

evandi
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Where the hell is the Ron Paul Girl when we need her?... But, seriously, there was a groundswell of creative buzz-worthy internet videos that just hit you in the face a few months ago - you couldn't miss it unless you were blind.

Seriously, I feel like this is where the momentum comes from, gets people to let their guard down and listen for once. And, I'm pretty darn sure these MLK/Ron Paul videos are NOT doing the same thing.

Simple coherent message that again embodies the things that piss people off and convince them that their donation can make a difference. Has ANYONE made another appeal to the folks who made the 1st set of great videos for the money bombs??????

She basically fucking endorsed Obama. She acted like they were similarly good. She's worthless.

Leroy_Jenkems
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Folks, as I said, we need 1) Persistency, and 2) Intensity . Many of the soothsayers on here are giving a lot of "ifs" for Ron's momentum to accelerate ('If he wins a primary, the money will just roll on in'). You need to understand that we're up against guys like Romney, who spent over $8.7 million on Iowa and New Hampshire, with over 12,000 (that's TWELVE-THOUSAND) TV ads between the two states. And Romney is in third!!!
(source: http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/29/romney.roll/index.html)

Ron Paul needs to become a household name, and right now, he's not. I'm sure many non-IA and non-NH residents like myself figured that the grassroots support swelling just under the radar of the MSM would overwhelm and conquer those primaries...but it didn't. I don't assume for a second that there weren't thousands of boots on the ground in those states spreading the word, but there are MANY sheeple out there who make up their minds about who they're voting for in a VERY non-linear fashion. If you think I'm being condescending, see Case Study A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccGQIXxPOuc

Yes, that's right, some woman was asked to identify a picture of Ron Paul, and her answer was "George Bush."

...This "secret plan" had better be the bee's knees, the cat's whisker's, and the 100-mph fastball to Frank Luntz's groin COMBINED...

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, we can all sit around and complain that the campaign didn't do this, or didn't achieve that, or we can just keep spreading the word on the ground, buying grassroots ads, and give Ron Paul a nice, big money bomb on January 21st that says we still believe in him, and tells America that he still has a strong and loyal following, and they should still consider him for their vote.

I know what I'm going to do.

mavtek
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
We're not, Ron asked for $12 million to win. We gave him $19.7, so far he hasn't won so I see no need to go anymore above and beyond than I already have. Is that pessimistic? Hell yes it is, but I have to get serious now and if we aren't going to win this thing then I'm going to go about winning this thing in different ways than a presidential election.

I mean hell we have gone from nothing to contender, to the most money period. We did this without Ron Paul, it's Ron's turn now.

hyoomen
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I, for one, just contacted all of the Meetup Group organizers within the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex (cumulatively representing more than 1900 people) and asked that they include the Free At Last 2008 information in their calendars.

Good Evening,

I respectfully request that you include information on the upcoming grassroots initiative for January 21, 2008: Free At Last 2008 -- a combination fund raiser and march event to memorialize Martin Luther King, Jr. and send one more round of funding to the official Ron Paul campaign before Giga Tuesday. Please urge each and every one of your meetup participants to donate a minimum of $10 and, if possible, each recruit 5 people to do the same on January 21.

http://www.freeatlast2008.com for more information.

Sincerely,
Rob Vann | Dallas, TX

I will post a new thread recommending everybody take this *immediate* action -- I spent a total of maybe 10 minutes getting all of this done.

Next I'm going to try and produce some flyers to flood all over college campuses throughout the week.

-Rob

Rebel Resource
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
We're not, Ron asked for $12 million to win. We gave him $19.7, so far he hasn't won so I see no need to go anymore above and beyond than I already have. Is that pessimistic? Hell yes it is, but I have to get serious now and if we aren't going to win this thing then I'm going to go about winning this thing in different ways than a presidential election.

I mean hell we have gone from nothing to contender, to the most money period. We did this without Ron Paul, it's Ron's turn now.

Jesus, your country is FUCKED. There is a close second to getting Paul elected and that is EDUCATING AND WAKING UP AMERICANS.

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
We're not. But we have to come as close as we can, and use our superior grassroots network to outwork the other candidates. They can't be everywhere at once, but we can.

Brian in Maryland
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
How are we going to raise $23 mil by Super Tues?

Donate. My wife and I donated $60 on Friday and are going to every Fri.
We will be donating $100 on MLK day.

I wish we could donate more but, we will be donating as long as Dr. Paul needs it.
We are making some small sacrafices to do this. It is well worth it.

Do they really need $23 mil, or are they just saying that. Let's just give them as much as we can.

There has only been 3 caucuses / primaries so far and no leader yet. The campaign is gaining momentum. The other campaigns are running out of money. A large percentage of daily donations are from new donars. The other candidates don't really have grassroots supporters.

All I know is we are in it for the long haul.

:)https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/:)

mconder
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I can tell you exactly why the Tea Party had three times the pledges. It has to do with evoking emotion in the widest sample of Ron Paul supporters possible. The anniversary of the Boston Tea Party resonates far batter with your average Ron Paul supporter than MLK day. The Tea Party is about telling an abusive state power to shove it. Supporting RP is about this same sentiment. It's about venting anger. I was one of those who early on said that MLK day would not have the same appeal. I also said Ron Paul's pay day would be a failure. The reason? These efforts do not evoke the emotion of revolution. The Tea Party did. November 5th had the same appeal as the Tea Party, because that day too commemorates a day when someone sent a message to a corrupt government..."We aren't going to take it anymore, kiss our asses!" So, if we want to raise a lot of money amongst RP supporter, we need to find a concept that taps into our fantasy of over turning the current political order and re-establishing a free republic. We are really about selling rebellion here.

S3eker
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I think the MLK part is going to hurt the next money bomb. The past money bombs where not about any person. The Guy Faulks bomb wasn't about Guy Faulks really, and it played on V for Vandetta. The Tea Party was easy for everyone to relate with. I respect MLK a whole lot but I think it's hurting this next bomb.

The RP revolution has been about our forefathers and not people who where alive in the 20th century.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Honestly, How the Heck Are We Going to Raise $23 Mil before Super Tues?

Get pro-war Republican voters to read this: http://www.RonPaulIsWrong.com

tekrunner
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
If the money bombs success hinges on emotionally important dates our July 4th money bomb will reap billions :)

Marty Duren
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I can tell you exactly why the Tea Party had three times the pledges. It has to do with evoking emotion in the widest sample of Ron Paul supporters possible. The anniversary of the Boston Tea Party resonates far batter with your average Ron Paul supporter than MLK day. The Tea Party is about telling an abusive state power to shove it. Supporting RP is about this same sentiment. It's about venting anger. I was one of those who early on said that MLK day would not have the same appeal. I also said Ron Paul's pay day would be a failure. The reason? These efforts do not evoke the emotion of revolution. The Tea Party did. November 5th had the same appeal as the Tea Party, because that day too commemorates a day when someone sent a message to a corrupt government..."We aren't going to take it anymore, kiss our asses!" So, if we want to raise a lot of money amongst RP supporter, we need to find a concept that taps into our fantasy of over turning the current political order and re-establishing a free republic. We are really about selling rebellion here.

My opinion is that every person in the world decided to do a money bomb. After Tea Party, I saw the last day of the quarter money bomb, the first day of the year money bomb, benjamin money bomb, mlk money bomb and another one somewhere asking for $500 commitments when the average donation had been $102 dollars or something. The more emphasis days you have the more impact is lost.

It would have made more sense for Trevor to have been the "money guy" and everyone pile on those special days which would continue to make them newsworthy events. Now, if mlk doesn't do well, it will be portrayed as a negative by the msm.

Nicketas
01-13-2008, 09:57 PM

nodope0695
01-13-2008, 11:05 PM
By giving till it hurts. Freedom is worth it.

Charles Wilson
01-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Do I need to start a petition on this, so that HQ will acknowledge our restlessness with this issue?

Yes!

colin1
01-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Paul is campaigning like he isn't going to get anymore money -- but it is a SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY. No results = No money.

Because, the REAL problem is as follows:

1) The grassroots were (apparently falsely) led to believe that the strategy was to WIN in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

2) The grassroots was told that $12 Million was needed by Dec 31 to accomplish #1.

3) The grassroots provided the $12 Million essentially a month early, as this total was (for all intents and purposed) reached by the beginning of December.

4) The grassroots EXCEEDED the $12 Million dollars by donating an additional $8 Million -- for a total of $20 Million by the end of the 4th Quarter.

5) Many of those who donated (often earning less than $30K per YEAR) either skimped on Christmas presents for their families (!) delayed paying various household bills (!!) and some even went into debt to donate just a bit more (!!!).

6) PUBLICLY, ON AIR, the candidate has stated that his campaign was "struggling to know what to do with all of that money."

And now, after FAILING to demonstrate that it actually followed through with the plan in #1, and keeping #6 in mind as well, along comes the campaign chairman (who draws a +30K per MONTH salary) saying that they need yet ANOTHER $23 Million, ASAP in order to "win."

Despite the fact that EVERY OTHER CAMPAIGN AND CANDIDATE has discussed their various "strategies" -- not just to their donors, but also publicly -- on TV and Radio in interviews and forums. (So is it some "secret war plan"? No one else seems to think so.)

But crucially, critically, THIS campaign believes that it does not owe ANYTHING for an explanation or information, or even a MERE HINT of it's strategy (even AFTER the fact to explain WHY the strategy was changed so dramatically in IA, NH, & SC and the other early states) to the people who are expected to sacrifice time, resources and money.

Instead the grassroots supporters are left to "speculate" on rumors and misinformation as to what the heck is REALLY going on... they are left to wonder and come up with a variety of "theories" what the "super-secret-brilliant-dynamic-duo-P.L.A.N." really IS for winning the campaign.

Even the recent addition of a "Grassroots Communications Coordinator" is nothing but a sad, sad joke... as nothing for actual communication has yet taken place -- the blog contains nothing but "wrapper" text around links to press-releases or news stories -- ALL information available either directly on the site, or elsewhere in the community.

In truth, it is the CAMPAIGN STAFF who are acting like spoiled little children that need to be taken to the woodshed and given a good, solid spanking.

And THAT is what is being done by the people NOT donating.

And it is also what is happening in each of the primaries (the VOTERS are saying "You have not convinced me to vote for you").

Most sadly is that, in the end the campaign staff WILL play the "blame game" just one time -- and they will (ironically) claim that it is the LACK OF MONEY that caused them to lose the election!

Pretty much sums it up for me. My fiancee and I are maxed out, so more $ from me is impossible anyway. I just don't understand what the strategy was here to not do well in the early primaries seems like a terrible mistake. Take a look at the polling and see how well the Huckster is doing. Who knew anything about Mike Huckabee a few months ago? Yet his win in IA generated a boatload of press and support because it made people think he was a plausible candidate. I have a close friend that has hardcore libertarian principles, who i've convinced to register and support Ron. When we were out having lunch to me he said, "I just don't think he can win." What am I supposed to say to that? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever strategy they have is going to work.

Captain Shays
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I have not "pledged" but I will give money.

dante
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
$23 Million is

10,000 x $2,300
23,000 x $1,000
46,000 x $500
92,000 x $250
184,000 x $125
230,000 x $100

We had 130,000 donors last quarter. Let's say we have 115,000 who haven't maxed out. A very fair estimate given the numbers the campaign has said of how many of their donors have maxed out.
Thus:
115,000 donors who each donate $100 and each convince a friend to do the same
= 230,000 donors x $100
= $23 million

Who have you reached out to to donate today?

If you aren't comfortable asking someone to donate $100 what about $50 or $25 or even $10? However you do it. Each current RP donor should make it their mission to get another $200 to Ron Paul by Feb. 5th. Even if it takes calling all of their friends and relatives and asking for $10 each

pdavis
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't think Dr. Paul means for the grassroots to raise 23 million dollars from the start of January to about a week before Super Tuesday (completely unrealistic); he wants us to raise 23 million for Super Tuesday which includes the 19.7 million we raised in the 4th Quarter.

Redcard
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't think Dr. Paul means for the grassroots to raise 23 million dollars from the start of January to about a week before Super Tuesday (completely unrealistic); he wants us to raise 23 million for Super Tuesday which includes the 19.7 million we raised in the 4th Quarter.

No, they clearly said AFTER we raised that money that we needed $23 million. The implication was we needed $23 million more.

dante
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
No, they clearly said AFTER we raised that money that we needed $23 million. The implication was we needed $23 million more.

Yes we clearly need $23 million more. Everything raised last quarter is being spent on all the states leading up to and including super tuesday. The campaign needs the additional $23 million by super tuesday so they will have money to compete in the states after super tuesday. Its going to be a 50 state primary.

Cindy
01-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Since I learned that matching funds comes from a "donation fund itself" I would be okay with it now.

It's not that the Feds match his money with our tax dollars.

When people register to vote, they are asked if they want to donate money to a campaiging fund to help candidates in general. It's that fund they draw from to make matches with.

Regular people freely donate to it. If he used it, he wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone who didn't freely give it away for such uses.

Weather he takes it or not, this is the bottom line to those who havn't put any money where their mouth is yet.

Washington listens to MONEY, not people!!!!

We tell Washington D.C. how fed up we are with their BS through the dollars we send to Ron Paul.

I've already charged up $1,700 I don't have for the cause and am still spending and will donate on the 21st.

Don't think people are not paying attention to pauls donations. All eyes in congress are on him now. Paul said he gets swarmed by other members wanting to know what his secret is. Congressmen don't get sent $20,000,000, by American citizens in 3 months time unless they have "something" going on. Other Congressmen want what Paul has going on.

The idot box talking heads, write it off as" Oh, it came from the internet" to imply to stupid Americans that people are sending money to the internet, not the message.

Washington insiders, many of who have to run campaigns themselves, know what is really going on and how hard it is to raise money like that and they know it's the message, regardless of how dumb they play to the audience.

Sending money is about sending a beleif in Pauls message, not about if he will win a certain state or the nomination.

They rig the polls and elections to make it look like Paul has dismal support, but they can not rig Pauls FEC report.

Pauls FEC report is where we get undeniably seen and heard by any and every politico that only hears money talk.

Even if you send just 5 or 10 dollars, you show up as a nother doner and supporter of Pauls message out there.

I understand all of the reasons for why people are holding back now.

While some of you are busy holding back on donations to send a message to HQ about your dissatisfaction with them, the world and politicos will think Pauls supporters gave up beleiving in the message and that they moved on to other candidates.

Even if he doesn't raise 20 mill again this quarter, if you have donated nothing yet, at least send in 10 or 20 so Paul can show an increase in supporters of his message for Q1.

We will have a powerful audience for those reports at the end of March. SCREAM at that audience while you still have a chance to be heard by them, by donating with the voice of money that says you beleive in Pauls message.

www.ronpaul2008.com

RollOn2day
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=dante;952300]$23 Million is

10,000 x $2,300
23,000 x $1,000
46,000 x $500
92,000 x $250
184,000 x $125
230,000 x $100

The last number is the key here. When we have 230,000 donors commited we will then have officially gone viral and there will be no stopping this campaign.

How do we get there?

Nov 5th = 25,000 donors
Dec 16th = 50,000 donors
Jan 21st = 100,000 donors?

Using this tragectory we should be hitting 100k donors this time if we only grab 2-3 friends each and make sure they donate on the 21st. (I know this adds up to more but some people are maxed out and other won't be donating so I'm figuring a couple of people each should make up the differnce.

As soon as we hit this benchmark and we are able to raise 10-20 million easily by having a large donor base contributing $100 or less each money bomb.....

Well, then we would have to send out toilet paper to the other campaigns because they will be officially and completely.....Shitting on themselves!

Letter on Gift of toilet paper:
"The Ron Paul supporters understand that you are crapping in your pants. Being sensitive to all Americans, we thought we would send you a little something from us....to you!" Of course, we could imprint their candidates face on these rolls.

Geez wouldn't that be fun to see?

Get as many people as possible to join in this MoneyBomb!!!!

arbnranger
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM

Agreed 100%!

Changing ones political philosophy I've found, is akin to changing someones religious philosophy. I don't think it will succeed so quickly.

HazardPerry
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Should we start a petition outlining why we feel that accepting federal matching funds is an acceptable strategy? Maybe submit it to the new Grassroots coordinator? At least have a thread with meaningful debate on the issue and reach some sort of consensus? I know it would hearten more than a few people to know that we would have some help in the fundraising department...

ItsTime
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Its hard to work hard or harder when it looks like the only one doing anything in the campaign is Ron Paul.

Everybody is so wishy-washy now. It wasn't always like this...

Where is the fire?

jupiter
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I wanted to see at least $3 million spent on each of the first five primaries. That would _still_ leave the campaign with $5M in the bank (not counting what was in the Q3 2007). Furthermore, if RP had done well in one or two of those five, he would be getting a lot more $.

That was the mistake; there was a moment of opportunity and the campaign did not do anything.

But, it's not over yet. Just like it looked as though the Continental Army was finished; they stood up, withstood tremendous hardship, and ultimately won.

But then again, they had a powerful ally - France.

Maybe we need a powerful ally?

Dlynne
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Should we start a petition outlining why we feel that accepting federal matching funds is an acceptable strategy? Maybe submit it to the new Grassroots coordinator? At least have a thread with meaningful debate on the issue and reach some sort of consensus? I know it would hearten more than a few people to know that we would have some help in the fundraising department...

Once you accept matching funds, you are severely curtailed on the amount you can spend. People keep pushing the matching funds idea, but no one addresses the downside.

Charles Wilson
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Once you accept matching funds, you are severely curtailed on the amount you can spend. People keep pushing the matching funds idea, but no one addresses the downside.

What is the downside? What is the spending limit? Have we reached that limit? If we have not reached our limit, under our current fund raising, is it reasonable to assume that we will reach that limit? Will the matching funds get us the 23 million we need to finish the campaign? I have no idea.

Charles Wilson
01-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Absolutely! Campaign Headquarters can always say no to the funds if they do not like it.

Captain America
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Ron! Take out loan for the rest of what you need. We will help with the dept.

Or better yet match that is our money anyway, there are far worse things it is being used for, in vain of the farm sub.

we know what will happen if we lose