PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Robert Novak Luncheon today

ladyjade3
07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Robert Novak Book Signing and Luncheon put on by the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh, NC

I went alone, and was pleased to note there were several "friendlies" in the room.

Novak started out saying for the presidential elections, its too early to give any credence to any polls. Just too early.

Also commented on how prolonged this campaign season is. For the first time since the 50's we don't have a president or VP running. It will be difficult for the GOP to elect a president 3 terms in a row, especially with an unpopular war, unpopular president. But the dems are making it as hard on themselves as possible (laugh line) as Hillary is just not likeable, Obama is inexperienced.

Likely our nominees will be chosen February 5th.... and THEN what will the media cover about the campaigns until November? There might not be a lot of interest as this drags on. And on and on.

He thinks the internet is full of lies, misinformation and nothing is fact-checked. Which is why he doesn't read anything on it. Hmmm....

During Q & A a friendly asked him to comment on Ron Paul. He said he likes Ron Paul and a lot of his stances. (He had earlier just about parroted Paul's Iraq/foreign policy stance) but says he's going nowhere fast.

Well, if you don't look at the internet, I guess you would think that. Just counting on old media for everything... which if you're Robert Novak, and kind of an old media guy all your life, that's probably what you would do. And first words out of his mouth were polls mean nothing.

I like Robert Novak all in all. I bought his book and he signed it for me. :)