PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Hit the Bars! (no tip tax flyers, easy sell)

Edu
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
I had an excellent response from bartenders when they got my flyer about "no taxes on tips".

You could use this at local bars. It's easy because there's only a few bartenders you need to talk to. They don't like their tips taxed.

I have a file you can edit with specific info for your situation, so you don't have to start from scratch.

This thread has more info and the files:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=84801

Keep this bumped if you like the idea.

Laja
01-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I like your idea and to add to it, how about leaving the flyer every time you eat out. Put it with the receipt and tip.

Paulbot_9876
01-13-2008, 12:49 PM
the thing is....they are not perm jobs most the time.....college kids working part time most part of it....its not like many are going to make a carrer out of bussing tables....so i dont think it will matter much about that......

pikerz
01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
go to bars and sell no income tax for everyone.

GeneralFreeman
01-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I think the "no taxes on tips" issue is just going to confuse a lot of people. For servers and bartenders, tips constitute basically their entire income. So it seems kind of arbitrary for them to be suddenly immune from income taxes for some reason. I think the regular flyers and slim jims present a more coherent picture of Dr Paul's views. That is, downsize the government and eliminate the income tax for everyone.

nicky6
01-13-2008, 01:04 PM
I think the "no taxes on tips" issue is just going to confuse a lot of people. For servers and bartenders, tips constitute basically their entire income. So it seems kind of arbitrary for them to be suddenly immune from income taxes for some reason. I think the regular flyers and slim jims present a more coherent picture of Dr Paul's views. That is, downsize the government and eliminate the income tax for everyone.

It would seem a paradox, until they realize that we shouldn't have income taxes to begin with! I leave the no taxes on tips every time I eat out, and if it is a cool waitress, I just talk to them about it. Very easy sale in my experience. If all hardcore supporters did that, it would help.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Good idea. Make some for all the states.

Edu
01-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Good idea. Make some for all the states.Thanks. There's only a small part that applies to Nevada, so it's easy to edit the file I provide and hit Print.
It's 6 per page so you don't have to print many to have a lot of flyers.
I had no comments on the fact it was just plain paper, it's the message they were interested in.
The flyers also mention the IRS gone, bring the troops home, reducing government spending etc.. just briefly, and the web site and ph# are included.
While doing this, a lot of people seem to know you get the same thing from who ever you vote for, so I say "then there's no reason to vote for any of them, they are all the same", and go on "but a vote for Ron Paul.....", lots of fun.

wgadget
01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I had an excellent response from bartenders when they got my flyer about "no taxes on tips".

You could use this at local bars. It's easy because there's only a few bartenders you need to talk to. They don't like their tips taxed.

I have a file you can edit with specific info for your situation, so you don't have to start from scratch.

This thread has more info and the files:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=84801

Keep this bumped if you like the idea.

And the Steak and Shakes, and the TGIFriday's and the Chili's and the....Waiters love it!

Laja
01-13-2008, 02:46 PM
bump

Edu
01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Blimp

pikerz
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I've had a difficult time selling the whole no taxes on tips thing for some reason.

I get a lot of shoulder shrugs from food service workers, indications that they dont really care about it, or they have no interest even to learn about it.

I had one respond "that is stupid." I responded "youd be able to keep all your money." She looked at me confused and walked away.

Might have to do with few people seeking to make a career out of food service? I dunno. The no income tax line has been a huge seller for me.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 09:29 PM
We did this heavily in San Antonio back in September and October. We had great response, flyers were posted on restaurant bulletin boards, and lots of service people know about RP now as a result.

pikerz
01-14-2008, 03:55 AM
I should clarify that I am in the southern US.

Geography might impact the result- esp since there is a higher ratio of decent paying food service jobs in San Antonio.