PDA

View Full Version : How much would you donate per month to get Libertarians elected to political offices:

AlisaOR
01-13-2008, 12:39 PM
From school boards to President of the United States and everything in between how much would you be willing to donate per month to help get libertarians elected to political offices?

exer51
01-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Depends on the month! I might be able to squeeze a couple hundred bucks out some months for a local campaign... But more importantly than that I have my time.

Wyurm
01-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Depends on the month! I might be able to squeeze a couple hundred bucks out some months for a local campaign... But more importantly than that I have my time.

Same here, I said 25 bucks only because it's a safe number for me, but let's keep in mind that until I max out, Dr. Paul gets all of my money then the grassroots efforts, then like-minded candidates.

me3
01-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Small "L" libertarians? a lot.

Libertarian party members? I don't think so.

Ron LOL
01-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Zero. We need Ron Paul Republicans, not Libertarians. Especially LP libertarians. This third party idiocy needs to stop. Our focus should be on taking back the republican party.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I think what matters is that the candidate believes in the principles of liberty. I don't care if they're a republican, democrat, libertarian, green party member, constitution, independent, or from the I hate fish party.

Those who are running for office should decide what banner they want to run under, and those of us in their districts should look in all parties for the candidate who will most promote freedom, and vote for them. We don't need to waste time arguing about parties, just promote liberty wherever it is found.

McLane2007
01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I'd do 25 or 50 a month if Libertarians would run in the Republican Party they have no chance of winning at least at the national level where we need them.

theantirobot
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
What we need is to turn people on to the internet and have them use unity08.com

I think it's our best chance at doing what we need to do, especially if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination.

Soccrmastr
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm a conservative republican, not a libertarian...

McLane2007
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm a conservative republican, not a libertarian...

Ronald Reagan said that libertarianism is "the very heart and soul of conservatism"

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Ronald Reagan said that libertarianism is "the very heart and soul of conservatism"

Yes, and the title says capital-L "Libertarians," not small-l "libertarians."
:)

I'm a Republican, not a Libertarian.

AlisaOR
01-13-2008, 10:07 PM
bump

McLane2007
01-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Yes, and the title says capital-L "Libertarians," not small-l "libertarians."
What’s the difference?

iQuotient
01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
What’s the difference?

Party and all of its platform get a capital. Word that carries a different and more limited meaning is little l. Using big L indicates "not Republican" "not Democrat" but "LIB party". Big difference in definition. Most of americans don't know the difference and assume they are the same because they don't look it up.

Minuteman
01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
To the Libertarian Party? Zero, Ziltch, Nada. I in now way want to be associated with the LP, they have some pretty bad platforms. I'll give money to strict Constitutionalist Candidates, but the LP is a big joke.

RockHoward
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I am a Libertarian but actively supporting Republican where appropriate in the freedom movement. (I wouldn't hesitate to support a Democrat, Independent or whatever if that was the right thing to do in my particular district.) I know a lot of smart Republicans with the same attitude.

In fact, anyone who disses other people in the freedom movement over something as silly as a party label may potentially harm the movement. United we stand and all that stuff, eh?

usmc4paul
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
We probably need to get away from the term "libertarian" (little L) since it can be linked back to the Libertarian Party.

Of course the Constitutional Party (by that logic) would keep us from using that...

Is there another term we could use?

If we use this term we will be "explaining" what is little "l" and big "L" for now untill eternity.

paulcongress.com Find one and donate.