PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with negative divisive threads and posts

ecliptic
01-13-2008, 12:21 PM
We are entering a new phase wherein we are being "attacked" from all angles. This is good news, believe it or not, because it means we are making certain "powers-that-be" very nervous with our continuing success. Yes, there are individuals whose "job" is to sow seeds of division and discord among the many dedicated members of the rloveution...

Be happy peaceful warriors and learn a few very simple techniques to deal with the increasing attacks.

1. Ignore Any thread which has a negative title or a title which implies failure, doubt, division, fear, uncertainty, or other forms of subtle negativity.... IGNORE. DO NOT REPLY. Ignore it and watch it fall down the list like a stone. Don't even give such threads a single "view" if you want to help out here. Don't feed the negativity. Don't ever use the word "troll". Don't pay any further attention to such crap. It is likely that these types of threads are placed here to sow discord and divide us. Or not... but regardless they aren't helping Ron Paul. Ditto for positive sounding threads which disguise negativity...

2. Use the "report" button in the upper right corner should you fail to heed the advice of #1. THEN proceed to heed the advice of #1. In the "comments" box you might simply say "divisive" or "rude" or whatever you think. Move on and don't look back. ( ...don't overdo it - the moderators have plenty to keep track of as it is...)

3. Don't start a new thread every two minutes. This is disrespectful to the other members who have good threads already because it buries their writing in an avalanche of "chit chat"... That's just rude. If you have a good subject look around ( at least 10 pages back ) for an existing thread - show respect for others and keep related stuff together. This makes a better forum and allows for subjects to be discussed in one easy location.

( note the irony of me starting a new thread asking others not to start new threads ) :D

IF you have a divisive topic which you feel needs to be brought up try to "frame" it in a relatively positive light. If that doesn't work post it in the "general" forum or even "hot topics" then attempt to bring folks there to join in your discussion. The grassroots section is best kept moving forward and positivity is key.

I know I'm probably as guilty as anyone so my apologies in advance for letting my emotions get the better of me. I'm attempting to learn from Ron Paul how to remain politely focused on what matters and filtering out static interference...

How does Ron Paul do it? The man is simply amazing in how he handles the barrage of crap that is thrown at him every day.

BeFranklin
01-13-2008, 12:25 PM
And respond to my thread too :) "Stick with the issues (no negativity)"

ecliptic
01-13-2008, 12:27 PM
And respond to my thread too :) "Stick with the issues (no negativity)"

I knew that was going to happen... SORRY! I'm a hippo- critter!

Sey.Naci
01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
To #3 should be added: First, do a search to see if your topic is already being covered in another thread. Moderators will delete duplicate threads.