PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel protective of Ron?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 12:02 PM
I kind of feel like Dr Paul is my grandpa or something now, like he's a member of my family. It makes me very angry to see him mocked or mistreated.

The other night Ron was having trouble hearing a question at the debate, and the other jackals started laughing at him... because he couldn't hear a question? Maybe his ears aren't the best. A lot of military vets have trouble with their ears because they were in loud tanks or aircraft back in the days before earplugs were widely used. When people make fun of Ron it boils my blood and makes me even more determined to bring them down. :mad:

Mort
01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
These are the emotions felt when you truly believe in a candidate.

Luft97
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with you that pissed me off as well. I even wonder if they were wearing monitors and someone turned down his monitor to mess with him.

VRP08
01-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I kind of feel like Dr Paul is my grandpa or something now, like he's a member of my family. It makes me very angry to see him mocked or mistreated.

The other night Ron was having trouble hearing a question at the debate, and the other jackals started laughing at him... because he couldn't hear a question? Maybe his ears aren't the best. A lot of military vets have trouble with their ears because they were in loud tanks or aircraft back in the days before earplugs were widely used. When people make fun of Ron it boils my blood and makes me even more determined to bring them down. :mad:

You know, I have wondered about not hearing...wonder if they somehow mess with the sound or something? See, I'm protective too!:D I feel the same way, Dr. Paul is like my family!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Either way, is it acceptable to mock someone because he didn't hear a question?

JenaS62
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Yes a motherly protective feeling like I have for my kids. I don't him him to be bullied or laughed out. During that debate I felt walking up on that stage (if I were there of course) and slapping those mean little bullies.

Thurston Howell III
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I feel your pain. It infuriates me and makes me want to protect him, but mostly it makes me want revenge. I wonder what Rudy would do if, at his appearances, people giggled and laughed at his statements?

It will be a happy day when we say goodbye to the guy, and Paul is still in the race. Now, that's revenge.

DAFTEK
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM
His volume was lowered purposely to make him look like an old crazy fool, sad :( i was furious

LiveToWin
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I would take a bullet for Ron Paul, is that protective?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM

I feel the same.

Wickwire
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM

This is exactly how I feel. He is such a better man than any of those disrespectful children running against him.

AzNsOuLjAh27
01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I think most people who join his fourum should feel a little bit protective of Dr. Paul

SimpleName
01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Im glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I have felt like i was nursing a child. Everytime someone makes a joke about him, i swell up with anger. He his such an honest, caring dude and i cant stand seeing him be picked apart by the scum in the rest of the party. lol...now i dont feel as stupid

kojirodensetsu
01-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Someone on another forum called Ron an anarchist with no confidence at all and the worst republican running. His comments really POed me. Although I didn't start yelling at him. I instead explained that he wasn't an anarchist and that jazz.

niall
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I feel protective of anyone who risks their life to protect my liberties, and that certainly includes Ron.

bobbysheldon
01-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh definitely. I took up the somewhat hopeless cause of trying to covertly defend Ron on Redstate when I could even though they've banned anyone supporting him and refer to him as "he who should not be named". They are absolutely awful over there and for some reason are "recognized" as one of the "best" conservative blogs. I've got to tiptoe around over there so I don't get banned but I do what I can.

wgadget
01-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Either way, is it acceptable to mock someone because he didn't hear a question?

Is it ever right to mock a sitting 10-term CONGRESSMAN of the United States of America? Even the staunchest neocon should know the answer to that one...

wgadget
01-13-2008, 01:21 PM
If you're here....

WE LOVE YOU, RON!

Jodi
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I know how you feel too. Wednesday when I got to work one of my co-workers was teasing me that RP got last in NH. I said no he didn't and he kept saying yes he got last. I am usually slow to anger. But with all the emotion, jitters and disappointment the night before, and his jeering remarks I couldn't take it any longer. I told him, "I knew you were stupid, but I didn't think you were an idiot." It shut him up as I think he realized how emotionally involved I am with RP. I later apologized for my harsh words but I don't think I will be getting that crap from him anymore.

free.alive
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Yes I do. I am a nonviolent person, but I hear some of these idiots and I want to meet them offline and fight them. I wish it were that simple.

Swmorgan77
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM

I feel the same way. That was a disgusting display, and quite honestly I think it may have opened a lot of people's eyes.

TER
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Even when they swipe at you, turn and give the other cheek. There is no reason to fear or reason to feel ashamed when you are seeking the truth (even though others hold you back). Nothing will be left uncovered and no stone unturned.

Nate SY
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Hmm... Well I'd say I'm a little bit protective of Dr. Paul. lol

To the point where I've almost kicked some huck supporters asses for talking trash about him. Buuut... Then I remember Dr. Paul doesn't like violence. So I debate them on the issues instead.

MsDoodahs
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Ever see that old comedy "9 to 5?" There is a scene where Dolly, Jane, and Lillie are sitting in the livingroom trying to decide what to do with their boss.

Dolly says, "I say we hire a couple of wranglers to beat the shit out of him."

That sorta sums up how I feel when they attack Dr. Paul.

:D