PDA

View Full Version : ‘Don’t Tase me, bro’ student breaks silence

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
In case you missed it..(link) (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21558022/)

hells_unicorn
01-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Like Pavlov's dog, a good negative reinforcer will put a good citizen of an authoritarian state right back in line. All hail the police states of America!! :rolleyes:

TSOL
01-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Why is he apologizing ?

He is apologizing only because they are charging him with Felony Resisiting Arrest

He should have fought this and taken it to the highest court.

tekmo
01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Dang, this guy is on point.

TODAYshow.com: What is your biggest criticism of the media in covering your story?

Meyer: I haven’t seen any mainstream news outlet once dissect the questions I asked the Senator. Everything is about me personally or the taser. This is the type of tabloid journalism prevalent in America today. When my story is over, they won’t start covering Blackwater or Ron Paul. It’ll be Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, business as usual.

Real_CaGeD
01-13-2008, 11:54 AM
He is seems to be very inteligent.

UtahApocalypse
Very good article.

bighairycaveman
Oh God....on page 3 he mentions Ron Paul. I kinda hope this doesn't make the news.

Real_CaGeD
Endorsement

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Good article. I read the transcript and he makes a lot of sense.

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh God....on page 3 he mentions Ron Paul. I kinda hope this doesn't make the news.

:confused:

Why? Doubt it will anyway - the interview was from Oct. 31st.

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 12:03 PM

I got there searching for "Ron Paul "and guess what ..."armed madhouse"

hazek
01-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Omg the spin on this story is unbelievable.

Frames set: publicity stunt, disruptive behavior, troublemaker, police using force

Everyone watching this piece of propaganda will come to the conclusion: yeah this young arrogant student just wanted a publicity stunt and the police had every right to act like they did, cause he was disruptive

Who cares what he wanted to ask, right?

walt
01-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't think they played the original video and audio in the background video nearly enough... *sarcasm*

oh now I see this is months old. looks like someone still wants more attention to the sideshow

BlutStein
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM

Then you've missed the whole point. I wish this was everywhere. This kid brings up many great points and the state of Free Speech in this country is very weak.

When this event happened I had his back and I still do. Above all this event helped me see how screwed things are based on how many folks responded when I talked about it with co-workers and family.

Sure he should have kept his composure a bit more, but you better believe that I would have don't the exact same thing if cops tried to haul me off for asking a question. The fact that he didn't start swinging at cops after they hit him with a taser really impressed me.

God...I so would have dug a much deeper hole if it had been me.

Dieseler
01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
They could have simply cuffed that boy and led him away. There was no need for him to be treated like he was.
Just another case of what Colonel Craig Roberts describes as extreme left wing college educated jack booted thug mentality.
If you are pulled over these days and argue with a cop and he asks you to step from the car you can just about bet your ass he is fixing to taze you.

:mad:

hazek
01-13-2008, 12:37 PM
They could have simply cuffed that boy and led him away. There was no need for him to be treated like he was.
Just another case of what Colonel Craig Roberts describes as extreme left wing college educated jack booted thug mentality.
If you are pulled over these days and argue with a cop and he asks you to step from the car you can just about bet your ass he is fixing to taze you.

:mad:

But...........

that is completely besides the point. The point is solely what he asked Kerry and what happened next.

If you don't get that, you got tricked by the spin machine again.

Onyx
01-13-2008, 12:45 PM
TODAYshow.com: What is your biggest criticism of the media in covering your story?

Meyer: I haven’t seen any mainstream news outlet once dissect the questions I asked the Senator. Everything is about me personally or the taser. This is the type of tabloid journalism prevalent in America today. When my story is over, they won’t start covering Blackwater or Ron Paul. It’ll be Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, business as usual.

Am I crazy or has this been cut off the video version? I've watched it twice now and didn't hear that at all.

RevolutionSD
01-13-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm SO glad Meyer has spoken out and I'm THRILLED that he mentioned Ron Paul and the media blackout!

Lauer's attempts to frame the discussion were ridiculous. Meyer wanted to discuss his points about voter fraud which are FAR more important than whether he apologized sincerely or not.

Meyer is a true patriot and I'm happy to have him as part of the r3VOLution! :)

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Am I crazy or has this been cut off the video version? I've watched it twice now and didn't hear that at all.

and they say we are conspiracy theorists/ manipulators..

hazek
01-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I seriously believe that the only way to win freedom back is to buy a news station like CNN and set our own agenda. The way they use spin makes us fight against our own human nature. We are in big trouble if we don't get that.

Dieseler
01-13-2008, 12:59 PM
But...........

that is completely besides the point. The point is solely what he asked Kerry and what happened next.

If you don't get that, you got tricked by the spin machine again.

No, I made my point. My point is that the police have become tyrannical in their duties. Much more restraint could have been shown in dealing with this young man.

hazek
01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
No, I made my point. My point is that the police have become tyrannical in their duties. Much more restraint could have been shown in dealing with this young man.

Yes that may very well be. But don't you see it? It's the spin on this story that led to divert your focus on another issue. And thats police brutality. Yet this story is not about that, it's about a kid asking a politician some hard questions and getting removed from the room for doing it.

Don't let the spin blind you.

Dieseler
01-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I grew up in a different world.
When I was 16 years old walking home from a party I would not hesitate to flag a Deputy Sheriff down for a free taxi ride home.
Now days I find myself constantly reminding my Son this is a different world than I grew up in.
If he were to do that he would be carted away to county.
The times have changed.

I get your Point.
I'm trying to make a point aside from the point in desperation.

amy31416
01-13-2008, 01:13 PM

I didn't hear it either.

Here's his official website: http://www.theandrewmeyer.com/

Look at the video he's got on his front page.

H Roark
01-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I think he handled this well, he wanted to focus on the content of his questions not the spectacle.

P.S. I noticed they showed a little clip of him reading "The Late Great USA" by Jerome Corsi (who was a potential CP presidential candidate).

RevolutionSD
01-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I seriously believe that the only way to win freedom back is to buy a news station like CNN and set our own agenda. The way they use spin makes us fight against our own human nature. We are in big trouble if we don't get that.

No, we're not in big trouble, THEY are: the Old Media is a dying breed.
More people are turning to the internet for information. Many people between 18-30 don't pay any attention to TV. TV is becoming irrelevant.

When iTV becomes a reality, people will have hundreds of thousands of "msm" news sources, and what CNN or Fox says will be laughed at.

Oliver
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Irrelevant.
Off-Topic.
Who cares?