PDA

View Full Version : After this campaign: A note to those discouraged about these forums or the campaign

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Firstly, I encourage you to keep fighting. Only a very small percentage of states have voted, and we still can have great success, and can absolutely win. Indeed, we have already had extraordinary success.

Under any circumstances, however, this movement needs to continue and grow. This can be done by putting 100% effort behind electing liberty minded individuals to local and state positions, as well as the house and senate. This will also set up future runs for the presidency. Our movement is not based on any personality, but on ideas. One good place to continue this effort is in the Liberty Forest section of these boards. Regardless of RP's success, those who believe in freedom need to continue to fight for those ideals. Thus, I say, if Ron Paul wins, he will need support. If he loses, we will need to continue with the torch and elect good leaders. Even if the newsletter mess has discouraged you, we can begin working to elect future liberty minded leaders who do not have such issues and are not vulnerable to such attacks.

The #1 point is, do not fade into the background, do not return to apathy. This movement does not begin nor end with this campaign. It began with the founding of this country (perhaps even before that). We have had successes along the way, such the abolition of slavery, and losses, such as the "Patriot Act", the New Deal, and the founding of the Fed. It will end when we have achieved the freedom which has always been the promise of our republic, or die trying.

UtahApocalypse
01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Yep. The power of the grassroots can give local levels candidates a support and funding not seen in the past. We can bring in all kinds of resources.

Luft97
01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Firstly, I encourage you to keep fighting. Only a very small percentage of states have voted, and we still can have great success, and can absolutely win. Indeed, we have already had extraordinary success.

Under any circumstances, however, this movement needs to continue and grow. This can be done by putting 100% effort behind electing liberty minded individuals to local and state positions, as well as the house and senate. This will also set up future runs for the presidency. Our movement is not based on any personality, but on ideas. One good place to continue this effort is in the Liberty Forest section of these boards. Regardless of RP's success, those who believe in freedom need to continue to fight for those ideals. Thus, I say, if Ron Paul wins, he will need support. If he loses, we will need to continue with the torch and elect good leaders. Even if the newsletter mess has discouraged you, we can begin working to elect future liberty minded leaders who do not have such issues and are not vulnerable to such attacks.

The #1 point is, do not fade into the background, do not return to apathy. This movement does not begin nor end with this campaign. It began with the founding of this country (perhaps even before that). We have had successes along the way, such the abolition of slavery, and losses, such as the "Patriot Act", the New Deal, and the founding of the Fed. It will end when we have achieved the freedom which has always been the promise of our republic, or die trying.

I got news for you.. we lose here there will be no next time to "get out to vote".. It's now or 1776 style imo...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
The Liberty Party will rise after the general election this year.

nate895
01-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I got news for you.. we lose here there will be no next time to "get out to vote".. It's now or 1776 style imo...

Hey, the founding fathers gave it a few years, wait until the next Presidential election, or if they decide that we've committed treason or something.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 11:50 AM

No, we must continue to fight peaceably as long as that option remains open to us.

Luft97
01-13-2008, 12:02 PM
No, we must continue to fight peaceably as long as that option remains open to us.
I would agree, and I am not advocating anything, but you need to stop and think. When the hammer falls and martial law is upon us, everything will already be in place to stop us. It will be impossible.

If you would have asked me 2 years ago will we ever be able to get back to what America is all about I would have told you no, not without a revolution. Even then I thought that it would be impossible because there is no real way to connect with the necescary people without "infiltration".

For me if Dr. Paul does not win it will change my life, I have a large ammout of land here in Texas left to me by my family. I will get out of the city and live a more simple life never to return because it will only get worse.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Bump, I want everyone to be aware of this, it is highly important that no one falls through the cracks during or after this campaign. No matter what, the effort must continue. I encourage meetup group members and leaders, while everyone is there, to make sure all are aware of plans for the long term, and that meetings and events will continue.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
I would agree, and I am not advocating anything, but you need to stop and think. When the hammer falls and martial law is upon us, everything will already be in place to stop us. It will be impossible.

If you would have asked me 2 years ago will we ever be able to get back to what America is all about I would have told you no, not without a revolution. Even then I thought that it would be impossible because there is no real way to connect with the necescary people without "infiltration".

For me if Dr. Paul does not win it will change my life, I have a large ammout of land here in Texas left to me by my family. I will get out of the city and live a more simple life never to return because it will only get worse.

I hear living a more simple life, that's for sure. I'd love to buy some land, make a farm, and just support myself. No preemptive violence though, when the hammer has not fallen! One must never initiate violence.

worldsupport
01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Fight for Ron paul and quit fighting each other for fucks sake.

lynnf
01-13-2008, 12:22 PM

we are already under martial law, it just hasn't been called that yet. Bush has already set the laws and executive orders for it.

lynn

Luft97
01-13-2008, 12:27 PM
we are already under martial law, it just hasn't been called that yet. Bush has already set the laws and executive orders for it.

lynn

Oh I would agree, No one is fighting here I think we all agree we want to get Dr. Paul elected. My point is this. The brave men and women for that matter that supported our founding fathers knew they were in a situation where they had to act. The Brits knew there was unrest in the states and do you think that if the founding fathers decided to wait it out that there would not have been a massive standing army sent over to keep the colonists in line? If that were the case they would have been doomed to failure. Food for thought.

ecliptic
01-13-2008, 12:38 PM

lynn

Not just Bush, mind you... Executive orders relating to so-called "Continuity Of Government" {COG} date back at least 30 years. Several previous presidents have issued orders which allow for martial law.

Crooked courts have strayed farther and farther from the basic tenets of Constitutional law despite oath to "uphold and defend the Constitution".

Lawmakers continue to bury us under an avalanche of new laws - often 1000 pages per week or more... many of which the lawmakers HAVEN'T EVEN READ!!!

We have globalist moles throughout our government's three branches. These traitors are typically freemasons who answer first and foremost to their secret oaths.

We have to abandon all talk of violence - that will only hasten martial law and end all chance of success. This MUST be a peaceful rloveution.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 12:47 PM
The war started when the British tried to seize a munitions dump -- the colonists didn't attack, they defended. I don't think it's come to this yet, but if the country really became an honest to goodness in police state (in reality, not just based on the laws on the books), I think the correct thing to do would be to get a bunch of people together, buy a large plot of land somewhere, declare independence, and defend it if necessary.

I think we're certainly not a police state, we have many freedoms left, and we should exercise them to help educate people. We've gone a long way towards a police state, but we're still quite a ways from it, and certainly nothing like this is necessary for now.

We do need to make sure we do not fade away after this, however, but continue to fight for the rights and freedoms of all Americans. I want everyone in this movement to have it set in their minds that they will continue to work to elect liberty minded candidates of all kinds after this election, less we lose any momentum at this critical time. We cannot afford to go back to sleep, and if we do not, I believe we will succeed.

tremendoustie
01-13-2008, 12:49 PM
We have to abandon all talk of violence - that will only hasten martial law and end all chance of success. This MUST be a peaceful rloveution.

I agree absolutely!

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Check out the Liberty Candidates subforum

Luft97
01-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Make no mistake, I am not saying anything needs to be violent. We still have an election to win. You were asking about after if we do not win.

I am not optomistic that there won't be some kind of event to hastily ring in a new world order with the NAU. When and if that happens you can hang it up. Look what we got after 9/11.

To alot of people it did not affect your day to day life. For me I work in a diffrenet world now. What was a very friendly easy going atmosphere has turned into going into a heavily survieled prison camp atmosphere in my daily life.