PDA

View Full Version : Quotes that apply to America today

Brad324
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Albert Einstein:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Mark Twain:

"Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Voltaire:

"Prejudices are what fools use for reason."

"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn’t do."

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere."

"There are men who can think no deeper than a fact."

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices."

Plato:

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."

"The measure of a man is what he does with power."

Winston Churchill:

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

George Carlin:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"“No comment” is a comment."

"If a man smiles all the time, he’s probably selling something that doesn’t work."

"The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it."

Stephen Colbert:

"On this show, your voice will be heard - in the form of my voice."

“There’s nothing wrong with being gay. I have plenty of friends that are going to hell.”

Jon Stewart:

"We have it. The smoking gun. The evidence. The potential weapon of mass destruction we have been looking for as our pretext of invading Iraq. There’s just one problem - it’s in North Korea."

"Here’s how bizarre the war is that we’re in in Iraq, and we should have known this right from the get-go: When we first went into Iraq, Germany didn’t want to go. Germany. The Michael Jordan of war took a pass."