PDA

View Full Version : The State SC largest newspaper Mentioned Dr. Paul on front page.

lx43
01-13-2008, 10:24 AM
On the front page of the state paper Dr. Paul is mentioned next to a picture of this guy, Bill Miller. "The Engineer-- Bill Miller of Greenville usually votes Republican, but is "not married to the party." He is leaning toward Rep. Ron Paul because he feels he has a conistent voting record". Go here for the picture of Bill Miller used on the front page of the paper. http://www.thestate.com/

Also, on the front page another brief :rolleyes: (it should be an entire article) With the GOP candiates--except for Ron Paul--all supporting the Iraqi troop surge, theres little ground to be gaon on thie issue amoung SC GOP votes. I hope we prove them wrong.

There are a view other brief remarks about him in the opinion page which I do not like and in the section of the paper a brief outline of all the candiates position including Paul. By the way, they got his stance on taxes entirely wrong.

Taxes: favores huge spending cuts and no tax increases; proposes national sales tax to replace income tax. That is entire wrong. He wants the replace the income tax with NOTHING.

RSLudlum
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
didn't The State just endorse McCain last week?

proposes national sales tax to replace income tax.

You know what, this little misinformation may take some air out of ole "Mr. Fair Tax Huckabee"...Huckabee has quite a good amount of support based on his support of the Fair Tax here in SC. But Paul has stated that the Fair Tax would be an acceptable stepping stone towards getting rid of the IRS and then a federal tax.

lx43
01-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Yes it did endorse McCain. :mad:

kirkblitz
01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Odd, i just checked my local paper. The sun news in horry county where the debate was held and they say the exact same thing about replacing the income tax with a sales tax. I'm going to email them, they also are using a article from November it looks like because it says he raised 7.4 million in the 4th quarter.

BeFranklin
01-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice video / audio.

Bilgefisher
01-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes it did endorse McCain. :mad:

I still have huge issues with any form of media endorsing a candidate.

Staupostek
01-13-2008, 01:12 PM
The gentleman says he likes to go to the Bible to get his answers in life. I think there are a lot of people like that. But when one looks to the Bible for answers on economic matters (the number one issue according to recent polls), it says a lot about not going into debt and being generous with your money (not someone else's money).

The Bible also speaks strongly against hatred, killing, and war (Iraq war being the second most important issue). If this is what people claim to believe, lets start pointing out to them how they are supporting other candidates who's positions go against the Bible.

I know that when I first heard of Ron Paul, I knew him as that anti-war nut. It was only after I took a good, hard look at where my opinions are today compared to where they used to be (Reagan conservative), did I see that it was me and the Republican Party that had strayed, and that Ron Paul is the rock that hasn't moved. I, upon that realization, became a Ron Paul supporter.

angelatc
01-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I still have huge issues with any form of media endorsing a candidate.

Yes, me too. Unfortunately it is a long established and respected tradition.

Heck, I don't even like editorials. Journalists should report facts, and refrain from the opining.