PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me...where is all this bs coming from?

Shellshock1918
01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Ok for a time now I've been seeing "Michigan will be our turning point.", "Ron is doing well in Michigan" and "California is looking good for Ron". Where the hell is this coming from??

According to realclearpolitics.com, Ron has 6.3% average.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/mi/michigan_republican_primary-237.html

rcp.com again, in California, Ron isn't even shown on the graph
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/california-primary.html

So I assume he's not even high enough for them to consider putting him on.

Where is all this bs about "Ron doing well in A and doing better in B?"

Is campaign even running ads in these states? I'm aware of the phone calls and the mass mailings, but what about tv and radio ads?

If we want this we have to WIN this. No more of this "California is a Ron stronghold crap" it lowers people's guard and makes them expect an easy top finish.

kirkblitz
01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
4th is better then 5th?

angelatc
01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
We sure could use a win, that's for sure.

cswake
01-13-2008, 10:39 AM
+1

Wyurm
01-13-2008, 10:42 AM
From their respective states of course. For me, I'll say Illinois is going to be the turning point :)

Look, nothing wrong with keeping a positive attitude. Though you are also right and we do have to pick up the ball here.

dircha
01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Ok for a time now I've been seeing "Michigan will be our turning point.", "Ron is doing well in Michigan" and "California is looking good for Ron". Where the hell is this coming from??

According to realclearpolitics.com, Ron has 6.3% average.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/mi/michigan_republican_primary-237.html

rcp.com again, in California, Ron isn't even shown on the graph
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/california-primary.html

So I assume he's not even high enough for them to consider putting him on.

Where is all this bs about "Ron doing well in A and doing better in B?"

Is campaign even running ads in these states? I'm aware of the phone calls and the mass mailings, but what about tv and radio ads?

If we want this we have to WIN this. No more of this "California is a Ron stronghold crap" it lowers people's guard and makes them expect an easy top finish.

It's coming from the fact that the majority of people on this forum have had their heads in the sand for the past 6 months.

First they told us that Paul had Iowa under wraps. What, with all of the Ron Paul signs and the few hundred who turned out for rallies, surely he would roll to victory. But they did not believe when Paul took 5th place behind Tancredo at Ames. And they did not believe a month ago that he could place less than 3rd. And then reality came.

Then they told us that New Hampshire was surely where Paul would shine. Six months ago the refrain was that New Hampshire was a stronghold for Congressman Paul, a guaranteed victory. In reality, at the time, Mitt Romney was polling over 30%, and Congressman Paul was polling under 5%. And even one month ago, even days before, the refrain was that Paul would dominate. And then reality came.

Then they told us that Michigan would be Paul's state to shine. Only to be confronted with the reality that Paul is consistently polling in 5th or 6th place. They try to discredit the polls, but at this point, the polls have been shown to be more trustworthy than them.

And so they have become discouraged, and tell us that South Carolina or Nevada is surely where Congressman Paul will break through. South Carolina, where Paul is and has polled consistently in last place, where he was roundly and loudly rejected by the same Republican base who will determine the outcome on primary day.

So now it is Nevada, where the polls a month ago showed Paul in last place. But surely Nevada will be where we break through.

I will tell you this much. Ron Paul will not break through in Michigan. Ron Paul will not break through in South Carolina. And if he does not break through in Nevada, this nomination run will be done with, beyond the point of any even marginally sane supporter to deny, the morning of February 6th, when we fail to compete in the 22 Super Tuesday states, because we did not raise the money or the momentum to produce the name recognition to even be a blip on the radar of most voters.

Paul10
01-13-2008, 10:59 AM

UtahApocalypse
01-13-2008, 11:07 AM
"we had 200 supporters at a sign waving. Ron Paul is getting huge!!" that's the unfortunate meme that some base their opinions on. The forget that in the big picture there are 100's of thousands of people.

Dan Klaus
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
It's coming from the fact that the majority of people on this forum have had their heads in the sand for the past 6 months.

First they told us that Paul had Iowa under wraps. What, with all of the Ron Paul signs and the few hundred who turned out for rallies, surely he would roll to victory. But they did not believe when Paul took 5th place behind Tancredo at Ames. And they did not believe a month ago that he could place less than 3rd. And then reality came.

Then they told us that New Hampshire was surely where Paul would shine. Six months ago the refrain was that New Hampshire was a stronghold for Congressman Paul, a guaranteed victory. In reality, at the time, Mitt Romney was polling over 30%, and Congressman Paul was polling under 5%. And even one month ago, even days before, the refrain was that Paul would dominate. And then reality came.

Then they told us that Michigan would be Paul's state to shine. Only to be confronted with the reality that Paul is consistently polling in 5th or 6th place. They try to discredit the polls, but at this point, the polls have been shown to be more trustworthy than them.

And so they have become discouraged, and tell us that South Carolina or Nevada is surely where Congressman Paul will break through. South Carolina, where Paul is and has polled consistently in last place, where he was roundly and loudly rejected by the same Republican base who will determine the outcome on primary day.

So now it is Nevada, where the polls a month ago showed Paul in last place. But surely Nevada will be where we break through.

I will tell you this much. Ron Paul will not break through in Michigan. Ron Paul will not break through in South Carolina. And if he does not break through in Nevada, this nomination run will be done with, beyond the point of any even marginally sane supporter to deny, the morning of February 6th, when we fail to compete in the 22 Super Tuesday states, because we did not raise the money or the momentum to produce the name recognition to even be a blip on the radar of most voters.

Serious reality check.....:eek:

Cinci4RP
01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
When I add up the republican totals: 79.3% in CA and 84.8% in MI

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 11:57 AM
When I add up the republican totals: 79.3% in CA and 84.8% in MI

"CAN'T SAY" + RP

RollOn2day
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know maybe its me but I never expected Ron Paul to do well in ANY of the primary races.....ever.

Neocons are going to put Ron Paul up as their candidate of choice? Yeah right.

But I do see him making a serious Third Party bid for the White House that has it's foundation of name/issues recognition from running in this primary and getting the "free" exposure from the debates, interviews, on-line discussions-forums-videos.

Are we in it for the visionary, long haul to the White House.....or the short sighted bid for the GOP nomination?

Ron Paul would never win the White House as a Republican. Nobody is going to win the White House as a Republican.

His only shot of EVER getting in the White House has always hinged on distancing himself, his beliefs and his platform from that of the GOP!

When the GOP base resoundly regect his bid for the nomination......

Phase One will be complete.

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Nobody is going to win the White House as a Republican.

+1

RevolutionSD
01-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't know maybe its me but I never expected Ron Paul to do well in ANY of the primary races.....ever.

But I do see him making a serious Third Party bid for the White House that has it's foundation of name/issues recognition from running in this primary and getting the "free" exposure from the debates, interviews, on-line discussions-forums-videos.

Are we in it for the visionary, long haul to the White House.....or the short sighted bid for the GOP nomination?

Ron Paul would never win the White House as a Republican. Nobody is going to win the White House as a Republican.

His only shot of EVER getting in the White House has always hinged on distancing himself, his beliefs and his platform from that of the GOP!

Yes.

The idea right now is to get as many votes as possible.
Maybe he can pull off 15% in a few places?
He definitely CAN win Nevada and Alaska.

Several positive steps like these will lead to an independent run. An independent run with 10-15% support will SINK the GOP. Of course we don't want democrats but this would solidify us as a major threat for many years to come, and we will have accomplished our mission.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
4th is better then 5th?

5th is no different than 2nd. Only 1st matters.

exer51
01-13-2008, 12:39 PM
5th is no different than 2nd. Only 1st matters.

Not true... But still no reason to lose hope.

Fact is that the way the primaries are structured someone with ALL 2nd place finishes would BEAT 2 candidates who got some 1sts, and some 3rds/4ths/5ths.

We've got to keep up the fight, in fact we MUST step it up.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 12:43 PM

This is why Ron Paul may not win the nomination... many Republicans wonder if he really is a Republican.

He has said over and over again that he is a Republican, doesn't believe a third party can win, and is almost positive he would not run as a third party candidate. I wish he had not run under the Libertarian banner once, because that hurts RP. We all know the reputation the libertarian party has; nutty anarchists.

Ron Paul the Libertarian has no chance of winning the White House. Ron Paul the Republican has a chance.

I am a Republican; here to support a Republican candidate... to me Ron Paul is a chance to reconnect the GOP with its roots and to alter the platform. If you are placing your faith in Dem’s or Independents to get RP elected... It’s time to wake up.

Via la GOP! <---- ok, so maybe that is going a little far :rolleyes:

Dieseler
01-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Thats about right. We must campaign all the way through on the GOP ticket, If no nomination we still can hope Dr. Paul will run Independent with better name recognition.

I can't say I did not expect him to do well, and I still think he will do well. I'm just afraid the movement is getting started a little late.

constituent
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM

yea, you're right. it's all the grassroots' fault, and our focus on the positive.

:: deleted mean, though true comment ::