PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Living In Oregon

Eli
07-24-2007, 09:00 PM
This whole support Ron Paul thing is crazy. When I first found out about him (back in early march) I got all excited and started telling everyone I know about him. I showed all my friends, family, coworkers the videos Money As Debt, Freedom To Fascism, and Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming. Now everyone I know is registered as a republican and not only planning to vote for him in the primaries but they're hardcore supporters and are telling all their friends and coworkers. I've lost all track of how deep the word of mouth trail has layed.

Honestly though I felt really alone supporting the doc. Everyone I'd initially mention him to had no idea who he was. Now all of a sudden, a couple months later, I can't get away from the guy! Theres Ron Paul signs all over my midsized town. Some Meetup group I'm not yet apart of has a small office in downtown plastered with his signs right on the main road. Yesterday when I was in the grocery store I over heard a couple people behind me talking about him, today I was in the gym enjoying my workout when a group of about 6 guys were standing by the machine next to me ranting on and on about Ron Paul, Aaron Russo and the federal reserve.

Every once in awhile I'll try to slip in his name to one of my many clients. Most of which are of the baby boom generation. They used to all stare at me blankly, now its safe to say nearly a quarter of the time they know exactly who I'm talking about and confess that they are a huge supporter. I got to say I'm very excited about all this. I just wish I didn't live in god damn Oregon. It's been proven on several elections that we simply don't matter. Our electorals are useless. Our state is filled with migrant retirees who only vote for whoever wins the primary of the party they have been a member of for 20+ years and watch Fox News like its legal crack. It all almost seems in vein. Now I'm looking at the Ron Paul meetup group to see what I can do to help them and realizing that he has groups in nearly 500 cities, that includes ALL the major cities of which there is only about 200 of in the United States. This is crazy.

As happy as I am that all this is happening, I wish I was somewhere that actually matters to the news and political advisors (as idiotic as they are).

All well, trudge on I must :)

Keep up the great work guys! It'll pay off in the end!

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 09:15 PM
www.freestateproject.org (NH). I'll be moving before the years end so I can make a difference instead of being a nothing in my pathetic state.

FreedomLover
07-24-2007, 09:18 PM
good news man. sorry about being in oregon though.

just goes to show a little bit at the beggining goes a long way.

aravoth
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
This whole support Ron Paul thing is crazy. When I first found out about him (back in early march) I got all excited and started telling everyone I know about him. I showed all my friends, family, coworkers the videos Money As Debt, Freedom To Fascism, and Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming. Now everyone I know is registered as a republican and not only planning to vote for him in the primaries but they're hardcore supporters and are telling all their friends and coworkers. I've lost all track of how deep the word of mouth trail has layed.

Honestly though I felt really alone supporting the doc. Everyone I'd initially mention him to had no idea who he was. Now all of a sudden, a couple months later, I can't get away from the guy! Theres Ron Paul signs all over my midsized town. Some Meetup group I'm not yet apart of has a small office in downtown plastered with his signs right on the main road. Yesterday when I was in the grocery store I over heard a couple people behind me talking about him, today I was in the gym enjoying my workout when a group of about 6 guys were standing by the machine next to me ranting on and on about Ron Paul, Aaron Russo and the federal reserve.

Every once in awhile I'll try to slip in his name to one of my many clients. Most of which are of the baby boom generation. They used to all stare at me blankly, now its safe to say nearly a quarter of the time they know exactly who I'm talking about and confess that they are a huge supporter. I got to say I'm very excited about all this. I just wish I didn't live in god damn Oregon. It's been proven on several elections that we simply don't matter. Our electorals are useless. Our state is filled with migrant retirees who only vote for whoever wins the primary of the party they have been a member of for 20+ years and watch Fox News like its legal crack. It all almost seems in vein. Now I'm looking at the Ron Paul meetup group to see what I can do to help them and realizing that he has groups in nearly 500 cities, that includes ALL the major cities of which there is only about 200 of in the United States. This is crazy.

As happy as I am that all this is happening, I wish I was somewhere that actually matters to the news and political advisors (as idiotic as they are).

All well, trudge on I must :)

Keep up the great work guys! It'll pay off in the end!

Sweet! For a minute there I thought I was the only pissed off oregonian on these forums. What town are you from?

Eli
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Sweet! For a minute there I thought I was the only pissed off oregonian on these forums. What town are you from?

Roseburg

On the plus side to Oregon we have a great congressman (peter defazio who was the guy in freedom to facism and Sicko). He also just recently made the news http://impeachforpeace.org/impeach_bush_blog/?p=2747

He's a rebel and a very good one at that.

aravoth
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Roseburg eh? I used to live in Bandon. Now I live in Portland. It's the same story up here, only the opposite extreme, but really whats the difference.

thomaspaine23
07-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Roseburg eh? I used to live in Bandon. Now I live in Portland. It's the same story up here, only the opposite extreme, but really whats the difference.

LOL what is this Oregonians for Paul???

Seriously I moved to Tigard from Phoenix about a year ago....
I love my native state, but too much growth/pollution going on.

aravoth
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM

Seriously I moved to Tigard from Phoenix about a year ago....
I love my native state, but too much growth/pollution going on.

Whoa, I actually have hope for our state right now :D

Eli
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM

Lol this is bad news. Perhaps the MSM was right. Ron Paul has no real support just a bunch of crazy Oregonians :D

surf
07-24-2007, 10:00 PM
or Phil Knight

aravoth
07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
or Phil Knight

I blame everything on them, nothing good can come of anyone who actually roots for the ducks. Present company excluded until after the elections of course.

thomaspaine23
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Whoa, I actually have hope for our state right now :D

Naw I'm an Arizonan. I come from that place with all them "crazy" R3voltion types.:rolleyes: Wife was born here though. A little tax happy here in OR, but
the wilderness makes up for it

1k9
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I was raised in Portland/Oregon City and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Too many people trying to control too many things.

winston84
07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
I actually thinking of moving to Oregon from So. Cali. The immigration situation is killing us in more ways than one...

kylebrotherton
07-25-2007, 12:16 AM
C'mon people... You think you're powerless? You think you can't affect change? You have power, and you will affect change. I live in Washington State, and I've had similar thoughts. But it's not just about your delegates. You have the opportunity to support Ron Paul in so many other ways that matter.

Are you donating to the campaign? If so, you just helped lease a new office which the national campaign will use to spread the word. Are you involved in the "Call Iowa" program? If so, you're influencing the decisions of people in a state that REALLY MATTERS. Are you helping with the "Mail Iowa" program? If so, you're influencing voters in a way that no candidates' paid staff can possibly match. Are you holding rallies?.. Attending Meetups?.. Handing out fliers?.. Emailing your friends and family across the country? If so, you're helping recruit more people - who will then recruit even more people!

You have immense power to affect change in this country RIGHT NOW! You're dedication is the best asset this campaign has. And Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that inspires people in this way.

I don't know about all of you, but I've never felt so powerful in my life. This is for real. This is the pivotal event in our lifetime. And I'm going to give it everything I've got.

nathanielyao
07-25-2007, 04:30 AM
bump