PDA

View Full Version : App. 25% of voters decide who they are voting for when the get to the polls

Rob
01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
The following is a message I sent to all the Washtenaw county supporters on our email list and U of M supporters:

"For those of you who can, after voting stand outside your poll with a Ron Paul sign and literature if you have any. Politely ask anyone who passes you if they have considered Ron Paul and hand them a piece of literature (make sure this is of the liberal type if you're in Ann Arbor).

Even more important is to let everyone know of the situation with the Democratic primary. Please read up on it here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-01-08-michigan-primary_N.htm

It would be a good idea to print copies of this article and take it to you poll to pass them out.

[/b]The best thing you can do, is to make a banner reading "If you vote Democrat, you're vote won't count!" or something to that effect[/b]. You can buy cheap poster board and markers at any office supply store for less than $10 total. These banners don't have to look professional, they just need to get the point of across. I literally can't stress this enough. This maybe the most important and effective thing you have ever done for the campaign. We will win our district if we can get this message out.

Working the polls for as long is possible is hugely effective because a disturbingly large number of people don't decide who they're voting for until they get to the polls!

Studies have estimated that ratio is approximately 25%!

Since that figure includes both Democrats and Republican voters, if we can get just a third of that, we'll almost certainly win.

I hope you have realized how important this is. Please work at your poll as long as you can, but even and hour's worth of effort can make a huge difference. For those doing this, please post what poll you will be working in the comments section, so we will know which ones are covered.

Let's win it for Ron!"

Please do this at wherever your poll is.

WRellim
01-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Working the polls for as long is possible is hugely effective because a disturbingly large number of people don't decide who they're voting for until they get to the polls!

Studies have estimated that ratio is approximately 25%!

Yes, but you must understand that even the "undecided" voters HAVE already "narrowed it down"...

So that what they are doing is playing "eeny-meeny-miny-moe" through the names that they "recognize."

Otherwise its a game of "who do I like today" or even MORE probably...

The media's favorite sucker: "who do I think is WINING?"

That is NOT the same thing as "undecided" in the sense that you are thinking it is.

RonPaulCult
01-13-2008, 09:30 AM
I think this is a great idea. If everybody that supports Ron Paul were more active we really could win this election.

noztnac
01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Put Ron Paul signs on all of the roads leading to the polls. Also post flyers on bank machines.

ConstitutionGal
01-13-2008, 09:57 AM
It has been proven through numerous elections here in Tennessee that many people will cast votes based on how many signs they see for each candidate. Guess it has something to do with perception of support but, there it is. We need to make sure we have as many people as possible outside EVERY POLLING PLACE waving Ron Paul signs and holding Ron Paul banners. Remember, a lot of voters are woefully uninformed about the candidate's stance on issues. They use elections as popularity contests and will vote for whomever they perceive as a winner.