PDA

View Full Version : What was Ron's highlight in the debate?

jrich4rpaul
01-13-2008, 05:50 AM
"Could I participate in the current debate?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10wwz3vlGf4

"Make fun, buddy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovuN46nmTYI

"Electability?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AHBeTLM5gU

Somebody_Else
01-13-2008, 06:39 AM
I missed the debate because I've been avoiding Fox anything like the plague (even Family Guy :(). I've watched most of it on YouTube though.

I thought he did great all around. His debate style seemed a little different this time. I don't know how to describe it, but it's like he's aiming for a different group of voters.

jrich4rpaul
01-13-2008, 07:21 AM
I missed the debate because I've been avoiding Fox anything like the plague (even Family Guy :(). I've watched most of it on YouTube though.

I thought he did great all around. His debate style seemed a little different this time. I don't know how to describe it, but it's like he's aiming for a different group of voters.

I'd say he's on the offensive now. He was too polite up until now, and people don't like that. This time he showed he has balls, IMO, and since this debate I've been hearing borderline supporters saying "He's really improved".

JenaS62
01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
On the electibility question when he summarized about borrowing money from China, giving money to Musharef and fighting for democracy in Iraq was priceless. He kicked them in the teeth! It was a brilliant summary.

Oliver
01-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Electability!

That was a Blowback for FOX's idea of Foreign Policies. That's
exactly why they tried to censor the part when Ron talked
about the Musharraf Dictator Middle East mess.

Keep a close look whenever FOX is jumping on one on Ron's
Issues - or if they censor a critical part of him that FOX isn't
willing to spread.

wgadget
01-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, it was the electability question, the one Fox News had removed from Youtube and their rebroadcast. That's the one.

TheSkeptic
01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Electability, for sure.

Potentially, however, it could've been the Iran question. Under debate rules, I'm sure he could've requested 30 seconds to respond to Romney's attack. Instead of "make fun, buddy," a nice piece about the US' hard-on for war with Iran would've really let him crawl out of that hole. As a strong RP supporter, I believe that the moderator blew RP's response out of proportion, but the average undecided voter paid more attention to audience and moderator reaction, so Paul needed a strong followup.

Oliver
01-13-2008, 02:13 PM
On the electibility question when he summarized about borrowing money from China, giving money to Musharef and fighting for democracy in Iraq was priceless. He kicked them in the teeth! It was a brilliant summary.

*lol* Indeed. I screamed "Home run" when I heard it. :D

jrich4rpaul
01-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I hope the aggression keeps up. It shows the leadership the people want

Sesshomaru
01-13-2008, 04:37 PM
For me, when he said 'now please can I return to the debate" that got my attention big time and showed me he wasnt going to let the mods steer him in certain direction.

Then when the tone of his voice when he said "I say its time to come home" was super badass and I was like 'wooohooo go Ron!'

'Make fun buddy' was good, it just showed me that he was pissed and out to kick some ass, I wish he wouldve slammed McCain more for his bullshit jokes.

The electability was the highlight though. I was like 'snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnap!' :D And it totally re-energized me.

dkim68
01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
The "electability" question and Ron Paul's amazing response made the rest of the candidates and FOX News look like total idiots.

F U FRANK

DrCap
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I chose Make Fun Buddy - though it was all very good.
In particular though I really want RP to call them on their laughing at his foreign policy instead of debating it. This is very serious, lots of people are dying and they are laughing about it. He should tell the ghoul, 'aren't you even interested in why they attacked your city?' and instead of listening to intelligence, they just laugh. It is so unpresidential, disrespectful, pathetic. He should point out that he has experience in foreign affairs, and has written a book on it, - when RP asked romney 'have you read mine?' romney said 'no' - RP should say, then how DARE you laugh at my position? You don't know it.

Bittle
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I think the "Make fun, buddy" was probably the best moment and most amusing one at that for me. It shows for me a bit of confidence in Dr. Paul that is much appreciated as a leader.

dkim68
01-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Did you guys see Fred Thompson looking down with both hands in his pockets while Paul laid the smackdown on Cameron? It was like he was embarrassed that he was sharing the stage with the other creeps and being in the presence of a RP lynch mob.

I hope when Thompson drops out he endorses Ron Paul.

jason43
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I thought he really called the whole party out on the electability question. Borrow money from china, give to Pakistan, dictator, nation building.... he pretty much nailed it all on the head.

He should have just screamed "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore"