PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose: Death by Shark Attack or Plane Crash?

shasshas
01-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Imagine you had only 2 choices..

death by shark attack or by plane crash

which would you pick?

junior_bacon_cheeseburger
01-13-2008, 05:06 AM
thats like saying "if you had to choose would you rather die slowly by being ripped apart or die instantly?"

Xenophage
01-13-2008, 06:27 AM
What sort of plane crash? A big one involving a jet, or a small one involving a Cessna? Burning to death with airplane fuel all over you would suck.

Captain Shays
01-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't want to die in a helocopter crash on my way to the trauma center after being ripped nearly in half by a shark.

InLoveWithRon
01-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I'd rather die by a Shark or die in a plane crash than die by the US government trying to control me.

CaptBookbag
01-13-2008, 09:02 AM
i read somewhere that getting eaten by a shark (or crocodile, etc) is a rather peaceful death.

jondisx
01-13-2008, 09:17 AM
wrong?

asgardshill
01-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I'd prefer to be eaten by the shark first then have an out-of-control 747 containing Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donut, Hannah Montana and my ex-wife crash into the shark while it was basking on the surface digesting me. Seems a most karmic and circular way to go.

(Edited to add: And the 747 is being piloted remotely. No need to involve innocent pilots in my sick little fantasies.)

InLoveWithRon
01-13-2008, 10:00 AM
i read somewhere that getting eaten by a shark (or crocodile, etc) is a rather peaceful death.

Did someone who died that way tell you that?

?

SeanEdwards
01-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Did someone who died that way tell you that?

?

That was from an interview with a shark.

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM

Perhaps you are thinking of the explorer and missionary David Livingstone:

I saw the lion just in the act of springing upon me. I was upon a little height; he caught my shoulder as he sprang, and we both came to the ground below together. Growling horribly close to my ear, he shook me as a terrier dog does a rat. The shock produced a stupor similar to that which seems to be felt by a mouse after the first shake of the cat. It caused a sort of dreaminess, in which there was no sense of pain nor feeling of terror, though quite conscious of all that was happening. It was like what patients partially under the influence of chloroform describe, who see all the operation, but feel not the knife. This singular condition was not the result of any mental process. The shake annihilated fear, and allowed no sense of horror in looking round at the beast. This peculiar state is probably produced in all animals killed by the carnivora; and if so, is a merciful provision by our benevolent Creator for lessening the pain of death.
http://www.hpgabarone.co.za/david_livingstone.html

However, Mary Roach's terrific book "Stiff" says the same stupor is described by survivors of plane crashes.

Andrew-Austin
01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Plane crash. You can see it coming obviously, and have time to reflect. It is a sudden death, instead of a painful one.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2020, 07:13 PM
utterly pointless necro-bump

Pauls' Revere
05-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Is the plane crash an inside job?