PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!!

Lafonton
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Holy Shit!

Just found out about Ron Paul - don't get much news from america where I'm at. All I have to say is, after researching him .... holy shit.:eek: (admins may have to edit out my profanity - but frankly, it fits)

I can't believe such a candidate exists - this guy is like a god amongst politicians. Although I can't help much where I'm at, I'll definitely be registering and sending in an absentee ballot. First time I will be voting in 12 years.... at least. Although I'm strongly for limited government, I almost wish this guy could get absolute power (he's the only one I would trust it with), clean up government, then restore it back to a limited republic.

Maybe America still has a chance, if Ron Paul gets the vote, I might just move back to the good ol' USA.

You know what's funny, even though I'm atheist - I'll be praying for Ron Paul to win this all the way til he takes the presidential oath!

rg123
07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
what country do you live in

dspectre
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Lafonton,

I know the feeling!! When I found out about Ron Paul, I thought where has this guy been hiding all of this time?

Where are you living at the moment?

Lafonton
07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm living west of Paris, France.

I moved here for employment reasons (engineering) - not political - though I wouldn't consider moving back as every native here has a (to put it lightly) strong distaste for the USA - particularly bush. Maybe I'd move back to Oregon if there were no income tax or inflation tax ;)

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 08:40 PM

I moved here for employment reasons (engineering) - not political - though I wouldn't consider moving back as every native here has a (to put it lightly) strong distaste for the USA - particularly bush. Maybe I'd move back to Oregon if there were no income tax or inflation tax ;)
No, New Hampshire is where it's at. www.freestateproject.org

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the Revolution, Lafonton. The Ron Paul Revolution, that is.

nullvalu
07-24-2007, 08:47 PM
glad you found out.. just curious, how'd you first hear about him there in France?

Roxi
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
welcome to the boards and in this forum theres a lot you can do to help were pretty creative :)

Cindy
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
I have to laugh at your HOLY SH*T! remark.

The first I heard of RP and heard him speak was in a youtube video of him in the house, speaking out about the ils of the federal reserve.

The Thread at the politcal forum was entitled Ron Paul on the Federal Reserve. That's the only intro I had to the video I was about to watch and never heard of him. This was last May.

(I was already up on the ils of the Federal Reserve for years)

When it dawned on me that he was in the House of Representatives saying these things to congress, my first words were

HOOOOOOOOLLYYY SH*T! (I was shocked and excited.) This guy is saying these things in the HOUSE of Representatives?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :e

My next thought was, "This guys is the bravest Mo fo on the planet."

Later in the thread, I learned he was a Congressmen RUNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A.

and there came another HOOOOOOOOLY SH*T, NO WAY!!!!!

After I had that confirmed, I was writing wondering about why I never heard of him and was screaming for him to get more press. lol

The feeling of having hope again has been so wonderful and surreal. How thrilled I was to run my own back round check on him and to see him come up squeeky clean in my book"

Exciting isn't it?

Now, this die hard green party voter is giving it my all to get him elected.

Welcome aboard new friend!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

mdh
07-24-2007, 08:49 PM

I hear things are getting bad over there too, though, with Missieur Sarkozy. Several of my friends there have called him a Bush clone, etc.
Also, aren't taxes just as bad in France? Plus you have VAT on top of that, oof!

It's unfortunate, but the rest of the world is just as messed up as we are in a lot of ways. :mad:

FreedomLover
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Glad to have you aboard. What state would you send your absentee ballot to during the primaries ?

hard@work
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey Lafonte, while you're out there in the good country for Freedom - please tell everyone we said "thank you" for the Statue of Liberty they gave us. Also, to not mind those of us who didn't know where the country of Freedom was on the map. And of course - to remember that the fry guy himself now eats lunch with Ron Paul in the capital.

Also, and most importantly, if you have a network of Americans in Europe and / or can help to start activism and political awareness I am sure the Americans abroad will love to hear about Dr. No.

:)

Bradley in DC
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Welcome. That same experience hit me in 1981 when I was in high school--it only gets stronger with time!

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I have to laugh at your HOLY SH*T! remark.

The first I heard of RP and heard him speak was in a youtube video of him in the house, speaking out about the ils of the federal reserve.

The Thread at the politcal forum was entitled Ron Paul on the Federal Reserve. That's the only intro I had to the video I was about to watch and never heard of him. This was last May.

(I was already up on the ils of the Federal Reserve for years)

When it dawned on me that he was in the House of Representatives saying these things to congress, my first words were

HOOOOOOOOLLYYY SH*T! (I was shocked and excited.) This guy is saying these things in the HOUSE of Representatives?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :e

My next thought was, "This guys is the bravest Mo fo on the planet."

Later in the thread, I learned he was a Congressmen RUNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A.

and there came another HOOOOOOOOLY SH*T, NO WAY!!!!!

After I had that confirmed, I was writing wondering about why I never heard of him and was screaming for him to get more press. lol

The feeling of having hope again has been so wonderful and surreal. How thrilled I was to run my own back round check on him and to see him come up squeeky clean in my book"

Exciting isn't it?

Now, this die hard green party voter is giving it my all to get him elected.

I LOVE that description and I certainly understand. :D

nathanielyao
07-25-2007, 04:17 AM
bump

Man from La Mancha
07-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Holy Shit!

Just found out about Ron Paul - don't get much news from america where I'm at. All I have to say is, after researching him .... holy shit.:eek: (admins may have to edit out my profanity - but frankly, it fits)

I can't believe such a candidate exists - this guy is like a god amongst politicians. Although I can't help much where I'm at, I'll definitely be registering and sending in an absentee ballot. First time I will be voting in 12 years.... at least. Although I'm strongly for limited government, I almost wish this guy could get absolute power (he's the only one I would trust it with), clean up government, then restore it back to a limited republic.

Maybe America still has a chance, if Ron Paul gets the vote, I might just move back to the good ol' USA.

You know what's funny, even though I'm atheist - I'll be praying for Ron Paul to win this all the way til he takes the presidential oath!

Thats what Chavez of Venezuela did before for 6 months and then returned power back and he is doing that again but it is to scary for me. Besides Bush has been doing it non stop since he stole the elections.

SeekLiberty
07-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Welcome to the Ron Paul Forums!

Liberty loving Americans are taking back their Republic ... one way or another!

WE THE PEOPLE will make America the symbol of Liberty again, the symbol it once proudly stood for to the world.

WE THE PEOPLE will set a good example once again for WE THE PEOPLE of other Countries so they can take back their Country and restore their full Liberty too.

Once again, the love for Freedom is already a brush fire in American that cannot be stopped!

- SL