PDA

View Full Version : How do you get tickets to the debates??

kaaos
01-13-2008, 02:50 AM
For those of you who went to this debate, or have been to any in the past, how do you get tickets to attend??? I'm from California and would really like to go to the upcoming debate on January 30th in Simi Valley, CA, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

kaaos
01-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Nevermind, it's by invitation only :( won't stop me from waving signs outside thou :)

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library Foundation will host a GOP candidate debate on Wednesday, January 30th at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. The debate is co-sponsored by Politico, The LA Times, and CNN, on which it will be televised live. This will be the final televised debate before Super Tuesday. A time has not yet been announced.

Media advisory.
www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/primdeb08/rrp lf062507pr.html

Candidate Invitations
Mrs. Ronald Reagan has extended invitations to the front-runner GOP Presidential candidates to return to the Reagan Library for this final debate...

Qualifications
The co-sponsoring media organizations have agreed on what qualifies a "front-runner" based on 2 criteria:

1. The candidate must win a spot in the top four of any early voting state,

AND

2. Receive at least 5% in either a California survey conducted by the organizers OR any 1 of 10 nationally identified media sponsored polls in January. Organizer surveys will be conducted by CNN, LA Times, & Politico in California. Acceptable National surveys include those by CNN, Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg, The New York Times, CBS, USA Today/Gallup, NBC/Wall Street Journal, FOX/Opinion Dynamics, Washington Post/ABC, TIME, or Newsweek.

Audience Attendance is by invitation only.

Press credentials my be obtained by emailing pertinent personal and company information to mgiller@reaganfoundation.org no later than Tuesday, January 22.

POLITICO will provide an exclusive opportunity for viewers to pre-submit questions online and vote on questions live during the debate via www.politico.com.

Information obtained by email and at The LA Times.

sw33tbabiblu3
01-13-2008, 03:37 AM
Ron Paul qualifies then, yes?

dannno
01-13-2008, 04:15 AM
Ron Paul qualifies then, yes?

Well he needs a 4th place finish, hasn't happened yet..

Apparently he averaged 3% in polls in California during December, but I can't find details on individual polls to see if he hit 5% in any.

http://www.presidentpolls2008.com/Issues/Candidates/Republican-Presidential-Hopefuls/Representative-Ron-Paul-of-Texas.html

It's a toss-up, I bet he makes it in though.

tcindie
01-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Receive at least 5% in either a California survey conducted by the organizers OR any 1 of 10 nationally identified media sponsored polls in January. Organizer surveys will be conducted by CNN, LA Times, & Politico in California. Acceptable National surveys include those by CNN, Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg, The New York Times, CBS, USA Today/Gallup, NBC/Wall Street Journal, FOX/Opinion Dynamics, Washington Post/ABC, TIME, or Newsweek.

Here's the CNN poll results for the last three months (he's qualified every month since November):
1/9-10/08
McCain 34%
Huckabee 21%
Giuliani 18%
Romney 14%
Thompson 6%
Paul 5%
Hunter 1%
Unsure 2%

12/6-9/07
Giuliani 24%
Huckabee 22%
Romney16%
McCain 13%
Thompson 10%
Paul 6%
Hunter 2%
Tancredo 1%
Unsure 6%

11/2-4/07
Giuliani 28%
Huckabee 10%
Romney 11%
McCain 16%
Thompson 19%
Paul 5%
Hunter 4%
Tancredo 3%
Unsure 5%

as for the placing 4th or above in any of the early primaries...

Paul, McCain, Giuliani, Huckabee, and Tancredo are all tied for 4th in Wyoming -- as far as I can tell.
http://content.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/results.aspx?sp=wy&oi=p&rti=e

But... that probably doesn't really count.