PDA

View Full Version : How to Attack McCain

jglapski
01-13-2008, 02:08 AM
The issues that are the most crucial in most states has been the Iraq/Terrorism/national security issue, the economy and immigration. I think McCain has many weaknesses in these areas which can be exploited. Consider the following message:

McCain is weak on terrorism.

McCain supports Pakistan's dictator Musharraf, who he calls "One of the good guys." He supports the billions of American taxpayer dollars to subsidize the dictator that allowed Osama bin Laden to slip back into Pakistan, where he is no longer pursued. "We are not looking for Osama bin Laden," says Musharraf.

McCain proposed US military intervention in Chechnya in order to support radical Muslims, the same terrorists that killed 186 children Beslan school. There are many ties between al Qaeda and Chechnya.

John McCain, weak on terrorism.

McCain is weak on the economy

McCain's involvement as one of the Keating 5 led to delayed closure of the Lincoln S&L, which worsened losses to American taxpayers and depositors.

McCain said: "I voted against the Republican tax cut plan, which is an irresponsible tax cut that will further undermine the nation's struggling economy at the expense of middle-class American families."

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," McCain said.

John McCain: "Washington changed us"
Ron Paul: "Washington didn't change me"

John McCain, weak on the economy.

McCain is weak on immigration

McCain joined with Ted Kennedy to support amnesty for illegal immigrants.

McCain voted to allow illegal immigrants to get Social Security benefits.

McCain supports the surge, which has sent over 40,000 members of the National Guard defending Iraqi borders, not American borders.

McCain was born in present-day Panama, which makes him ineligible for the Presidency, according to the US Constitution.

John McCain, weak on immigration.

JMO
01-13-2008, 02:14 AM
You want to bring down Mccain show all the times he lied.

bc2208
01-13-2008, 02:17 AM
McCain was born in present-day Panama, which makes him ineligible for the Presidency, according to the US Constitution.

!!!???

jglapski
01-13-2008, 02:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born_citizen

McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, an unincorporated territory of the US (at the time).

Agent CSL
01-13-2008, 02:23 AM
He was born in Panama? What the hell? Why is he in the race? O_o

Give me liberty
01-13-2008, 02:24 AM
McCain also supports a lobby group. No the Israel one

McCain has consistently been on the Albanian American Civic League's payroll and even marched with them a year after the NATO intervention.

http://1389moblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/beware-of-john-mccain.html

campaign donations from $2,300 or more contributors. McCain is a conservative Republican and aggressive interventionist.

love that one^

jglapski
01-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Nice find. That also ties in with McCain being weak on terrorism (although I am not sure about Islamic terrorists in the Balkans). Being an interventionist hasn't had traction in this campaign (sadly), so it's time to restate things in different terms. One day, intervention supports bin Laden, the next, it tries to destroy it. One day, intervention supports Hussein, the next, it destroys it. People are confusing any action with positive action in favor of national security when it in fact does the opposite. And they are confusing non-intervention with inaction and a lapse in national security, when in many cases it provides the greatest security.

Keep pushing that McCain is weak on terrorism, the economy and immigration and his support will dry up.

cindy25
01-13-2008, 04:11 AM
McCain is for universal national service (draft)

even the most pro-war McCain supporters don't want their grandchildren in the damn war

azminuteman
01-13-2008, 04:29 AM
McCain (as a Senator) is also for a weak border
McCain is for amnesty for illegals (A rose by any other name)
McCain (as a Senator) also let my tax money go to other states

I will vote Hillary over McCain.

Dan Klaus
01-13-2008, 04:37 AM
McCain is his own worse enemy...I have trouble understanding the people who would cast a vote for this man...he has shown over and over and over again that he is unfit to be president...goodness gracious!!!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 05:00 AM
We cannot buy our security, our freedom from the threat of the bomb by committing an immorality so great as saying to a billion human beings now enslaved behind the Iron Curtain, "Give up your dreams of freedom because to save our own skins, we're willing to make a deal with your slave masters." Alexander Hamilton said, "A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." Now let's set the record straight. There's no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there's only one guaranteed way you can have peace -- and you can have it in the next second -- surrender.

Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face -- that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand -- the ultimatum. And what then -- when Nikita Khrushchev has told his people he knows what our answer will be? He has told them that we're retreating under the pressure of the Cold War, and someday when the time comes to deliver the final ultimatum, our surrender will be voluntary, because by that time we will have been weakened from within spiritually, morally, and economically. He believes this because from our side he's heard voices pleading for "peace at any price" or "better Red than dead," or as one commentator put it, he'd rather "live on his knees than die on his feet." And therein lies the road to war, because those voices don't speak for the rest of us.

manny
01-13-2008, 05:52 AM
The issues that are the most crucial in most states has been the Iraq/Terrorism/national security issue, the economy and immigration. I think McCain has many weaknesses in these areas which can be exploited. Consider the following message:

McCain is weak on terrorism.

McCain supports Pakistan's dictator Musharraf, who he calls "One of the good guys." He supports the billions of American taxpayer dollars to subsidize the dictator that allowed Osama bin Laden to slip back into Pakistan, where he is no longer pursued. "We are not looking for Osama bin Laden," says Musharraf.

McCain proposed US military intervention in Chechnya in order to support radical Muslims, the same terrorists that killed 186 children Beslan school. There are many ties between al Qaeda and Chechnya.

McCain is weak on the economy

McCain's involvement as one of the Keating 5 led to delayed closure of the Lincoln S&L, which worsened losses to American taxpayers and depositors.

McCain said: "I voted against the Republican tax cut plan, which is an irresponsible tax cut that will further undermine the nation's struggling economy at the expense of middle-class American families."

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," McCain said.

John McCain: "Washington changed us"
Ron Paul: "Washington didn't change me"

McCain is weak on immigration

McCain joined with Ted Kennedy to support amnesty for illegal immigrants.

McCain voted to allow illegal immigrants to get Social Security benefits.

McCain supports the surge, which has sent over 40,000 members of the National Guard defending Iraqi borders, not American borders.

John McCain, weak on immigration.

Good list - amnesty is the big one. People can argue economics and what constitutes "weakness" regarding terrorism. There is no dispute that he joined with Kennedy and tried to ram amnesty through. It is one of the most shocking attempts to subvert the rule of law I've ever seen in a free society. If who has to obey the law is at the discretion of the state then there is no hope.

On this issue McCain stands 100% with the far left. We have no excuse - this should be on the minds of every decent, hard-working family in SC and Nevada.

manny
01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
bump - could be useful in SC or elsewhere?

New York For Paul
01-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Question For McCain
Many Vietnam Veterans are Against McCain

The Question Ron Paul Supporters need to ask John McCain.

_By Ted Sampley_ (http://usvetdsp.com/sampbio.htm)
U.S. Veteran Dispatch
January 12, 2008

When I read this week in the online Cedar Rapids Gazette that Senator John
McCain had on the campaign trail in Iowa raised the issue of the deployment of
his son, Marine Corporal Jimmy McCain, to Iraq, I realized it's time for
some "straight talk" from the Senator about 2 spy satellite images.

Senator McCain, with the critically important South Carolina Primary only
days away, I ask you this hypothetical question:

"What, if you become President, would you do if your son Jimmy
was reported missing in action and you were informed that a U.S. spy satellite
passing over Iraq had photographed a military distress
code message in the desert that correlated to Jimmy?"

I ask this because, during your "investigation" of missing American
servicemen in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in 1991-1993, you ridiculed a similar
satellite photo taken in 1988 that showed what Department of Defense (DOD)
experts testified was a valid, classified United States military Pilot Distress code
in a dry rice paddy in Sam Neua Province, Laos.

According to DOD documents cited in the 2007 New York Times bestseller - An
Enormous Crime - those DOD experts testified that each of the letters in the
"USA" were 12 feet tall and together the 3 letters stretched 37 feet across
the dry paddy, and the highly classified "Walking K" Escape and Evasion symbol
beneath the "USA" was 24 feet tall and 19 feet across. DOD experts told you
that this "USA Walking K" pilot distress code "must be considered valid until
proven otherwise."

http://www.amazon.com/Enormous-Crime-Definitive-Abandoned-Southeast/dp/0312371268/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200244441&sr=1-1

Despite the expert testimony - and the fact that roughly 90 independent
intelligence sources had reported the presence of American POWs in Sam Neua
Province after the Vietnam War; that a radio intercept had told of US POWs in the
province; and that a different satellite photo - also taken in 1988 - had
shown the name of a US pilot laid out beside a trail near where the "USA Walking
K" was seen in the rice paddy - despite all that you declared at the time and
later in your 2002 memoir - Worth The Fighting For - that the "USA Walking
K" pilot distress code was not a plea for rescue as the DOD experts said, but
instead was "a young Laotian boy's handiwork that he had copied off an
envelope."

Really, really cute, Senator!

Having observed how you so callously abandoned missing American servicemen
(my son's grandfather, Green Beret SFC Robert D. Owen included) to a lifetime
of captivity in Southeast Asia during your 1991-1993 "investigation," I,
along with many other POW/MIA family members, fear that you may similarly abandon
more brave Americans if you are elected President.

So I ask you now, Senator McCain - before the election - how would you handle
a similar distress code message from the Iraqi desert (especially if it
pertained to Jimmy McCain)? Would you callously blow it off as nothing more than
the handiwork of a young Iraqi boy or...?

Link to the article: _http://usvetdsp.com/jan08/questions_mccain.htm_
(http://usvetdsp.com/jan08/questions_mccain.htm)
Edit/Delete Message
Edit/Delete Message

Kingfisher
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
McCain is his own worse enemy...I have trouble understanding the people who would cast a vote for this man...he has shown over and over and over again that he is unfit to be president...goodness gracious!!!

I agree. Evidently the ignorance of the American people knows no bounds

Kingfisher
01-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Good question for McCain or any of the candidates: " How are we going to pay for it"

jglapski
01-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Good list - amnesty is the big one. People can argue economics and what constitutes "weakness" regarding terrorism. There is no dispute that he joined with Kennedy and tried to ram amnesty through. It is one of the most shocking attempts to subvert the rule of law I've ever seen in a free society. If who has to obey the law is at the discretion of the state then there is no hope.

On this issue McCain stands 100% with the far left. We have no excuse - this should be on the minds of every decent, hard-working family in SC and Nevada.

Immigration could be the biggest issue - it certainly is in some states. There MUST be some photo op of McCain hugging Kennedy somewhere, just as I remember Reagan showing Carter kissing Brezhnev to illustrate his softness towards the Soviets.

With the issue of economics, we have McCain's own words that damn him, where he admits his own failings. Plus, it allows us to resurrect the Keating 5 scandal, which contributed to his loss in SC in 2000. And the nice thing about the economy, from a campaign standpoint, is that it is a fluid situation...if it worsens substantially in the next while, McCain will look completely out of touch as well.

I think McCain is most vulnerable on issues of terrorism and national security. These issues will eventually be equated, but in attacking McCain, you cannot talk about national security, because McCain will talk about how he spent 5 years in a POW camp. Truth is, and this will never be said because it shows a lack of tact (but it is true), spending time in a POW camp doesn't make you a national security expert any more than being investigated by Ethics committees regarding the Keating 5 makes you moral. He was very vocal about supporting Kosovo and Chechnyen Muslims before 9/11, and there is a link between Chechnya and al Qaeda. And the Musharaff situation is fluid too. Right now, the interventionists are saying they need to be in Pakistan to prevent the nukes getting into the hands of al Qaeda in Pakistan. What happens if Musharaff gets overthrown by radical elements in Pakistan in the meantime? If it doesn't happen, it can still be exposed as a weakness of McCain. If it does, McCain won't have a leg to stand on.

TSOL
01-13-2008, 02:16 PM
McCain even being remotely considered as a GOP candidate is laugh out loud absurd.

The guy has zero answers for any issue, is smug and chastising during debates, is a war monger ....

McCain is indeed his own worst enemy.

Drknows
01-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Listen to this guy. you can almost feel his enthusiasm. Almost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gdr1x079WI