PDA

View Full Version : NEVER repeat an accusation

hawks4ronpaul
01-13-2008, 01:50 AM
NEVER repeat an accusation when answering an accusation.

RP makes this mistake too often. He even attacks himself by wasting his own response time to repeat the smear, "You say I'm...."

For instance:

Even when he intellectually rebuts a racism charge, the average listener's takeaway is:

"Ron Paul...racist...racism...racist...racist."

Listeners even tend to drop/forget the "not" or "anti" of denials and retain unwanted word associations.

Paul's answer and your answer should avoid the r-word so that the listener's memory of word association is:

"Ron Paul...equality...equal rights...individualism...protect minorities...protect liberty."

Maximize positive word association.

This applies to any topic (isolationist, cut-and-run, etc.).

Reject the enemies' "frame" and substitute your own.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

noztnac
01-13-2008, 01:52 AM
You are right. He needs to do a week long course with Derren Brown on NLP.

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 01:54 AM
....word association is:

"Ron Paul...equality...equal rights...individualism...protect minorities...protect liberty."

very good point

DrCap
01-13-2008, 01:54 AM
In psychology there has long been a tenet that when a person says 'not' it really means they do or at least maybe do. So I agree, positive word associations are much better.
When a person asks me 'you're angry at me.' I won't respond 'no, I'm not angry' since that would imply I was angry. Instead I might say 'I'm disappointed' or something like that, or 'I am okay with your decision' etc.

Myerz
01-13-2008, 01:56 AM
CALL HQ....they were asking for constructive criticism!

gaazn
01-13-2008, 01:58 AM
his explanation that constitutionists are for individual rights and not collective rights like civil rights won't make sense to most people. all he needs to say is that he is wants to protect rights for all individuals and leave it at that.

cien750hp
01-13-2008, 02:03 AM
he's said something before, where they said youre the anti candidate. anti-war anti-federal reserve anti-department of education/homeladn security/energy anti-irs etc

and he said no im pro-personal liberty pro-peace pro-state rights pro-constitution pro-sound money

pacelli
01-13-2008, 02:03 AM
NEVER repeat an accusation when answering an accusation.

RP makes this mistake too often. He even attacks himself by wasting his own response time to repeat the smear, "You say I'm...."

For instance:

Even when he intellectually rebuts a racism charge, the average listener's takeaway is:

"Ron Paul...racist...racism...racist...racist."

Listeners even tend to drop/forget the "not" or "anti" of denials and retain unwanted word associations.

Paul's answer and your answer should avoid the r-word so that the listener's memory of word association is:

This applies to any topic (isolationist, cut-and-run, etc.).

Reject the enemies' "frame" and substitute your own.

+1 I support that tactic.

AtomiC
01-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Great idea hawks, send that in to HQ.

hawks4ronpaul
01-13-2008, 02:21 AM
he's said something before, where they said youre the anti candidate. anti-war anti-federal reserve anti-department of education/homeladn security/energy anti-irs etc

and he said no im pro-personal liberty pro-peace pro-state rights pro-constitution pro-sound money

Ironically, even in those answers, he spent half the time repeating the negatives instead of doubling the number of positive words.

davidhperry
01-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Great idea hawks, send that in to HQ.

Yeah, this is a great point. I cringe when I see a youtube video with a title along the lines of: "Ron Paul is not a racist" because, to the uninformed viewer, that title could imply that Ron Paul is a racist. Maybe it's a nitpick, but I'd rather see the title be something long the lines of: "Ron Paul stands for freedom" or something.

cheese
01-13-2008, 02:58 AM
good advice. Have you been watching an 87 minute videos posted recently?

austin356
01-13-2008, 03:24 AM
qft

Drknows
01-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Yeah, this is a great point. I cringe when I see a youtube video with a title along the lines of: "Ron Paul is not a racist" because, to the uninformed viewer, that title could imply that Ron Paul is a racist. Maybe it's a nitpick, but I'd rather see the title be something long the lines of: "Ron Paul stands for freedom" or something.

Tell me about it. I cringed for the past two days looking at the front page of youtube.

Ron Paul's Shocking Statements On CNN

Karsten
01-13-2008, 04:09 AM
I think this advice is applicable to US, TO!! Why the hell are WE repeating this story over and over again???? I've heard it more from these forms than anywhere else. We need to bury this stupid story, and move on to other things.

Mark
01-13-2008, 04:36 AM
CALL HQ....they were asking for constructive criticism!

No need to call, there's a forum for that now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

Nicketas
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Nicketas
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

fabijo
02-06-2008, 12:54 AM
You are right. He needs to do a week long course with Derren Brown on NLP.

+100

We should all be studying this.