PDA

View Full Version : If SHTF pre-ellection...

Ginobili
01-13-2008, 01:44 AM
...what do we do? Will we be stay here, and (excuse me for being pretty negative about it) be arrested and killed, go out guns blazing, move to another country and campaign from there, what? Because, as much as I would love to stay and die for my country, I rather RUN to another country and organize from there, hopefully moving more people to understand our plight, which would offer much more support then staying and disapearing in the middle of one night and never being seen agian.

Same applies to (in the chance that I refuse to believe in) Ron Paul losing the election and we go into chaos.

And go ahead, call me a fear mongrer/troll all you please, im curious as to what people plan on doing/etc, and if you have a problem with it, thats your right, just ignore this post, give it a 1 star, and move on.

Myerz
01-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Well, Bush has written in to the Patriot act that he does have the power to post-pone the election if something were to happen...you know some state of emergency.......instead of another Pearl Harbor.....they can call it another 9/11. And, it's wide open to what they want to determine what is a state of emergency.....so depending on how things play out....if we are looking good....they may get stupid....really stupid...you never know what might happen.

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Well, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Best thing to do is always have a current passport and a stash of cash in an anonymous bank account in Switzerland or somewhere. You can almost always get out before the bad stuff happens. But not if your accounts are frozen here.

pacelli
01-13-2008, 02:32 AM
If the SHTF, like in the event that the US had multiple dirty bombs being detonated at once, all modes of transportation would be closed down. A passport wouldn't help you because unless you can swim 3000 miles, you wouldn't be leaving US territory. All borders would be sealed militarily. All non-military flights grounded. FEMA camps would be activated as Aide or Ration Stations. The internet would be shut down and reserved for military use only. The Emergency Broadcast System would be turned on, your TV and radio has just become your only source for news. Emergency Evacuation routes would be activated (and would turn into the longest traffic jam of your life). National curfews would be in place.

This is in the event of a worst case scenario, which I don't see happening within the next 6 months.

Xonox
01-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Well, Bush has written in to the Patriot act that he does have the power to post-pone the election if something were to happen...you know some state of emergency.......instead of another Pearl Harbor.....they can call it another 9/11. And, it's wide open to what they want to determine what is a state of emergency.....so depending on how things play out....if we are looking good....they may get stupid....really stupid...you never know what might happen.

Terrifying... postponing elections completely voids the democratic prosses, it's essentialy a free pass to eternal dictatorship so long as there is a suficient crisis...

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:38 AM
If the SHTF, like in the event that the US had multiple dirty bombs being detonated at once, all modes of transportation would be closed down. A passport wouldn't help you because unless you can swim 3000 miles, you wouldn't be leaving US territory. All borders would be sealed militarily. All non-military flights grounded. FEMA camps would be activated as Aide or Ration Stations. The internet would be shut down and reserved for military use only. The Emergency Broadcast System would be turned on, your TV and radio has just become your only source for news. Emergency Evacuation routes would be activated (and would turn into the longest traffic jam of your life). National curfews would be in place.

This is in the event of a worst case scenario, which I don't see happening within the next 6 months.

Then I would suggest you buy a fishing boat docked off of a wharf in the nearest State to you. Fully stocked with fuel. Just drive over to it and away you go. :D

Wyurm
01-13-2008, 02:39 AM

Which would be good. The fastest way to bring down a dictatorship is to make it act like one.

pacelli
01-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Then I would suggest you buy a fishing boat docked off of a wharf in the nearest State to you. Fully stocked with fuel. Just drive over to it and away you go. :D

Definitely the best option if you must flee -- fleeing v. bunker-in-place is a personal decision. Either one takes a great deal of preparation.

Hook
01-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Definitely the best option if you must flee -- fleeing v. bunker-in-place is a personal decision. Either one takes a great deal of preparation.

Well, sounds like you already have it figured out then. :D

Agent CSL
01-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Hearing McCain the other night talk about securing the borders got me a little claustrophobic. Instead of allowing anyone in, will they become the only way to get out? Airplanes will be shot down within radar. Swimming or boating will probably be caught by radar. You might have to go through a mile-wide field of live ammunition to even think of reaching the border, which would be a hellish ascent in itself with dogs, barbed wire, and enforced concrete.

In case of serious emergency, the concentration camps will be filled immediately. The only safe place will be rural places like in the mountains.

It's scary to think about the worst case scenario because one day it might just happen.

Dave Pedersen
01-13-2008, 03:05 AM
There is no geographic location which will assure tranquility. My hope is Jesus Christ. But I also understand before the return of Christ there will be worldwide religious deception. Peace and prosperity will be proclaimed and few will know enough to stay put and wait patiently for the True Christ.

Myerz
01-13-2008, 03:26 AM

Thanks for the good news.....you should be the anchor on Good Morning America! :eek:

JimInNY
01-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Don't let them build a border fence, that's for sure. Fences can keep people in as well as out.

A lot of folks plan on becoming militias of one. 10 million militias of one can reset the constitution pretty quickly.

Mark
01-13-2008, 04:21 AM
There is no geographic location which will assure tranquility. My hope is Jesus Christ. But I also understand before the return of Christ there will be worldwide religious deception. Peace and prosperity will be proclaimed and few will know enough to stay put and wait patiently for the True Christ.

Someone once said: "Give me Liberty or give me death".

I second that because I know we don't die, we just change containers from the flesh to the spiritual.

And I've BEEN ready for that.

electronicmaji
01-13-2008, 04:38 AM
This is why America needs Sucide Booths.

electronicmaji
01-13-2008, 04:40 AM
OH BTW...dirty bombs do nothing...max outfall from a dirty bomb is like 10,000 people...thats nothing.

A dirty bomb is just a bomb with some radioactive material packed around it. Its not a nuclear bomb.

That radioactive material could be cleaned up completely within the decade. It's not that big of a deal on the scale of SHTF...

Ranger29860
01-13-2008, 04:44 AM
I kinda laugh at threads like these everyone is under the assumption that military personel will willingliy shoot anyone trying to escape the country or even take orders from a dictator i wouldent and i know of noone in my unit that would

let them try it and see what happens :cool:

chris198
01-13-2008, 04:56 AM
I kinda laugh at threads like these everyone is under the assumption that military personel will willingliy shoot anyone trying to escape the country or even take orders from a dictator i wouldent and i know of noone in my unit that would

Hurricane Katrina ?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 04:57 AM

minitman
01-13-2008, 04:59 AM
go here to learn about nuke's and how to survive
really it isnt as bad as you are always led to believe
its bad news dont get me wrong!
http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

freelance
01-13-2008, 05:04 AM
...what do we do? Will we be stay here, and (excuse me for being pretty negative about it) be arrested and killed, go out guns blazing, move to another country and campaign from there, what? Because, as much as I would love to stay and die for my country, I rather RUN to another country and organize from there, hopefully moving more people to understand our plight, which would offer much more support then staying and disapearing in the middle of one night and never being seen agian.

Same applies to (in the chance that I refuse to believe in) Ron Paul losing the election and we go into chaos.

And go ahead, call me a fear mongrer/troll all you please, im curious as to what people plan on doing/etc, and if you have a problem with it, thats your right, just ignore this post, give it a 1 star, and move on.

Panama - escapeartist.com

Dave Pedersen
01-13-2008, 05:20 AM

They know they cannot count on regular military to carry out their monstrous deeds. Blackwater is designed for the United States and the regular military will remain occupied overseas as long as necessary. Maybe they'll just conveniently leave the military in enemy territory if they object to what is going on stateside too loudly.

There will be much soul searching I have no doubt but look at the video of post Katrina and see what military have already done to civilians.

jesse27
01-13-2008, 05:37 AM
There were 6 nukes flown from minot airforce base on sept 5, and only 5 were recovered in louisianna, the same day at the gop debate Brit Hume displayed his hypothetical question about Irans inevetable nuclear strike on America, So I for one know they are planning something awful.

Dave Pedersen
01-13-2008, 05:54 AM
There were 6 nukes flown from minot airforce base on sept 5, and only 5 were recovered in louisianna, the same day at the gop debate Brit Hume displayed his hypothetical question about Irans inevetable nuclear strike on America, So I for one know they are planning something awful.

Where do you get this information? Thanks

ThomasJ
01-13-2008, 06:01 AM
I had seen an article about that also. 20 of the guys on that plane or working on it as crew died in one weekend. The military confirmed all the deaths. Most of the deaths had been in Car Accidents or Heart attacks.

Why would 20 people have to die because of Nukes being flown over the US. Reprimanded? sure. Killed? Doubtful.

Unless one of the nukes went "Missing".

Ranger29860
01-13-2008, 06:47 AM
They know they cannot count on regular military to carry out their monstrous deeds. Blackwater is designed for the United States and the regular military will remain occupied overseas as long as necessary. Maybe they'll just conveniently leave the military in enemy territory if they object to what is going on stateside too loudly.

There will be much soul searching I have no doubt but look at the video of post Katrina and see what military have already done to civilians.

my unit was there though we werent the ones grabing weapons you got to look at it this way

military can justifie taking of weapons like that inorder not to get shot alot of the units werent even issued ammo so i understand soldiers accepting those orders but to have the goverment postpone an election and lockdown borders and have soldiers fire on u.s civilians is going overboard and i doubt the majority of the military will go with the flow

i kinda agree with the blackwater scenario

p.s. you got to give u.s. soldiers a little more credit :D

Agent CSL
01-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Where do you get this information? Thanks

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7158

I haven't read it all yet, but it seems what he's talking about. :p

inibo
01-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, sounds like you already have it figured out then. :D

http://openqbl.org/preview/the_plan.mp3

inibo
01-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Don't let them build a border fence, that's for sure. Fences can keep people in as well as out.

A lot of folks plan on becoming militias of one. 10 million militias of one can reset the constitution pretty quickly.

If you are a male between 17 and 45 you are already part of the militia.

Most Americans who are in the Militia don't even know it. However, the laws of the states and of the union are often quite specific in defining the word "militia."

For example:

United Sates Code, Title 10, Chapter 13-The Militia, Section 311
"Militia: composition and classes-(a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are commissioned officers of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are- (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Note that the section quoted above does not say that people can "join" the Militia--it simply states that the people defined in the section are IN the Militia!
http://www.geocities.com/jtrooper_2000/militial.htm

hamilton1049
01-13-2008, 07:49 AM
www.republicoflakotah.com

This is my destination if we fail in Nov or the SHTF

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 08:03 AM
If you are a male between 17 and 45 you are already part of the militia.

Fleeing is not an option.
I am invested in my land. I have a small farm.
I am outside any likely nuke impact zone.
I am far from any major population area.
I am disarmed due to Un-Constitutional Infringement Laws.
I am a Friend of the militia.
I shall remain.

mexicanpizza
01-13-2008, 09:37 AM
This is why I founded http://apocalypsevan.com/

Meant as a tongue-in-cheek site to discuss how you would outfit a van in the event of the apocalypse. Guns? Solar panels? Armor? Food? etc.

Haven't done anything with it yet. ;)

JimInNY
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM

I hope your unit is not unique. :)

However, there seems to be no shortage of police willing to trample the Constitution and shoot first.

mudburn
01-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Re: postponement of elections. The Bushits already discussed postponing them prior to the 2004 election, according to Newsweek, July 19, 2004 (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_kmnew/is_200407/ai_n6834910). Also see this post copied from Capitol Hill Blue (http://www.legalspring.com/Articles/misc-legal/20040712/370363_---Bush-May-Use-Terr.html). The fact that they considered it four years ago says a lot about the mindset of the Bushits.

If the SHTF pre-election, I have no doubt martial law will be imposed. What that will mean is hard to say. I live on 57 acres in a rural county of about 10,000 people. I have no debt and can raise a lot of my own food. I do need more ammo, though -- for four-footed animals to eat. I was in the LA area in 1992 when the riots occurred. I can imagine how ugly it could get in urban areas.

One thing I've thought about is if RP truly became a threat to the establishment (i.e. possibly securing the nomination/election), there are many who would seek to eliminate him. What would the members of the Revolution do then? Certain responses of themselves could trigger martial law. Just wondering thoughts. . . .

dp

Cyclone
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Terrifying... postponing elections completely voids the democratic prosses, it's essentialy a free pass to eternal dictatorship so long as there is a suficient crisis...

Is there a difference between that and the current electoral system we have now? Except for the part about the names changing of course.

LiveToWin
01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
If the SHTF and the WTFS and OMGS start, then we Party like its 1776. :cool:

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 04:05 PM
If the SHTF and the WTFS and OMGS start, then we Party like its 1776. :cool:

YUP.

soap,--McCain Fiengold , Patroit Act. Domestic Terrorism act

ballot,-- Frank Luntz, Diebold ,

jury,--- corrupted sold to the highest bidder

and ammo.--- Cowards and pacifists---Infringments

I am losing hope for the land of the "Free"