PDA

View Full Version : Any Paul supporters agree with this...

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
I have supported Paul since I first learned about him. But I cannot help to think his victory is unlikely unless he adopts a more realistic policy with the war in Iraq, or at least articulates exactly what he means, do we just widthdraw suddenly?? I am ready to take some heat for this suggestion, but would anyone else consider a McCain-Paul ticket?? Face it, their policies may be different, but they are the only honest Republicans!! McCain would be good at foreign policy and settling Iraq (the 100 years remark is irrelevant, he'd solve it quicker than that), and Paul the best at domestic policy, and maybe once his wisdom is realized by the population Paul's foreign policy would be more accepted. I know its unlikely the canidiates would do this, but hypothetically?

rp08orbust
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
with the war in Iraq... do we just widthdraw suddenly??

Yes

Vet_from_cali
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
is this suppose to be a joke?

Jeremy
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I look at McCain and I see evil.... honest

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
No.

First of all, if Ron Paul were elected and Mccain the war mongerer were vice president, the war mongerers would eliminate Ron Paul.

I support a Paul/Kucinich ticket.

Strategically it would work. Ever notice how people thought twice about doing anything stupid against GB?

Think about it.

defcreative
I know its been said a lot and its a term that is really thrown around here too much; but with that said I must say:

Don't feed the TROLLS

donttreadonme
I'm suggesting this because I thought Paul would do a lot better in NH. RP said he'd drop out on Super Tuesday if he didn't do well.

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm not a troll I've already donated to Paul

Drknows
01-13-2008, 12:10 AM
would anyone else consider a McCain-Paul ticket??

HELL NO!

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I know its been said a lot and its a term that is really thrown around here too much; but with that said I must say:

Don't feed the TROLLS

In some cases, "trolls" need to be fed information.

I've asked several people who were scared of Ron Paul as to why. They too had issues with sudden withdrawl. They believed everything Fox dished out. There's fear over terrorists coming over. This is something you are going to read and hear about regarding people who need to learn more about Ron Paul.

simranjits
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I have supported Paul since I first learned about him. But I cannot help to think his victory is unlikely unless he adopts a more realistic policy with the war in Iraq, or at least articulates exactly what he means, do we just widthdraw suddenly?? I am ready to take some heat for this suggestion, but would anyone else consider a McCain-Paul ticket?? Face it, their policies may be different, but they are the only honest Republicans!! McCain would be good at foreign policy and settling Iraq (the 100 years remark is irrelevant, he'd solve it quicker than that), and Paul the best at domestic policy, and maybe once his wisdom is realized by the population Paul's foreign policy would be more accepted. I know its unlikely the canidiates would do this, but hypothetically?

You need to listen to more of him ,he never says immediately , he said he will consult with the defence chiefs to come up with the best plan to withdraw asap.

defcreative
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM

I am ready to take some heat for this suggestion

At least you were ready for the heat.

You must understand that it is constantly polled that AT LEAST 75% of Americans want nothing to do with the war in Iraq. That statement of withdrawing from Iraq is NOT hurting Paul. Understanding his policies, it is the honest thing and the only right thing to do.

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM

Didn't think you were. This is something alot of Americans do worry about. We have the news to thank for that.

What are your worries? Care to discuss?

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
In some cases, "trolls" need to be fed information.

I've asked several people who were scared of Ron Paul as to why. They too had issues with sudden withdrawl. They believed everything Fox dished out. There's fear over terrorists coming over. This is something you are going to read and hear about regarding people who need to learn more about Ron Paul.

Whatever call me a troll, I've donated to Paul. But UNFORTUNATELY IN A DEMOCRACY THE STUPIDITY OF THE PEOPLE IS SOMETHING YOU MUST ACCOUNT FOR IN AN ELECTON if this is their fear, and you want to win thats what you gotta too. I'd love to see Paul win "as is" but PAUL WILL NOT GET "THE STUPID VOTE"

DrCap
It kind of defeats the purpose if you give up on all your principles after 30 years, so you can compromise with one of the incompetents. I say go for broke, win or lose, there is no draw in this revolution. mccain is not worthy of a capital letter, I wouldn't be able to vote for that ticket, unless RP was the president and mccain was vp, other way around, you might as well chose hillary, at least her husband didn't spend us into oblivion.

justinc.1089
Face it, their policies may be different, but they are the only honest Republicans!!

Yes, McCain is honest, thats for sure!:rolleyes: Check out this example of his integrity and honesty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Whatever call me a troll, I've donated to Paul. But UNFORTUNATELY IN A DEMOCRACY THE STUPIDITY OF THE PEOPLE IS SOMETHING YOU MUST ACCOUNT FOR IN AN ELECTON if this is their fear, and you want to win thats what you gotta too. I'd love to see Paul win "as is" but PAUL WILL NOT GET "THE STUPID VOTE"

Please read what I posted above you. I put troll in quotation marks referring to someone ELSE calling you a troll.

It did not mean I was calling you a troll. :)

angrydragon
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
McCain honest?

nbhadja
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
No offense but you are clueless if you think McCain is honest.

And the only realistic smart decision is the pull out of Iraq, staying their would be moronic.

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 12:25 AM
He should have phrased a lot of positions differently in order to come off as less extreme, but it is what it is. Especially in the Republican Party where the majority is for continuing the Iraq war. Withdrawaling all of the troops from all around the world, getting rid of the FBI, CIA, and Dept. of Homeland Security scares these people who have been fooled by the neo-cons. It should have been worked out at the beginning and Ron Paul should have been ready to spin it in a way that appeals to conservatives, but that obviously didn't happen.

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:26 AM
No offense but you are clueless if you think McCain is honest.

And the only realistic smart decision is the pull out of Iraq, staying their would be moronic.

Well Paul should clarify his widthdraw from Iraq policy. Because most Americans think that means chaos! But as a Paul supporter I have not been able to find what he specifically wants to do, he has to assure the people that they have nothing to fear, because immediate widthdrawal is something some Americans against the war don't want to do, it has to be a calculated widthdrawal.

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
He should have phrased a lot of positions differently in order to come off as less extreme, but it is what it is. Especially in the Republican Party where the majority is for continuing the Iraq war. Withdrawaling all of the troops from all around the world, getting rid of the FBI, CIA, and Dept. of Homeland Security scares these people who have been fooled by the neo-cons. It should have been worked out at the beginning and Ron Paul should have been ready to spin it in a way that appeals to conservatives, but that obviously didn't happen.

Exactly, those are all positions most of us here can understand, but the majority of the public who first learn of him through these statements are afraid of him...no wonder they think he's crazy.

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Ron Paul is not a panderer. People are fighting back against occupation. They want us out of there. This war is fraudulant so why should we stay? To save face? To kill everyone there? Make sure you feel safe and snug at night while you sleep because mass genocide took place?

How would you feel if someone else were on your soil killing your relatives for years? What if your own child died and you were cradling your own child in your arms? Wouldn't you fight back?

How does it feel knowing we cannot afford to defend our soil.

Our borders are wide open, don't you think it's sketchy to one minute instill fear of terrorist attacks but not fix the borders? Does that sound like fear of another terrorist attack?

donttreadonme
01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Our borders are wide open, don't you think it's sketchy to one minute instill fear of terrorist attacks but not fix the borders? Does that sound like fear of another terrorist attack?

Paul should use that to win "the stupid vote"

hasan
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
withdrawing from iraq would do a ton of good. you have no idea how receptive the arab ppl would be if america left iraq.

my question is what is it tht the american ppl have to fear by leaving iraq? they should be afraid of not leaving iraq because staying there means more of their soldiers killed and more innocent ppl dead. it is sad how many innocent ppl are dying in iraq everyday

Bloody Holly
01-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Paul should use that to win "the stupid vote"

Backhanded compliment?

icon124
01-13-2008, 12:49 AM
wow...either you know what RP stands for or you don't post that...Ron Paul is catching on EVERY SECOND...he grows all the time here...and our state doesnt even matter in primaries...im glad he is a man of his word and doesnt cahnge for anyone