PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul.. Real Men of Genius commercial!

hummtide
01-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Today we salute you, Mr Ron Paul Presidential Grassroots Supporter!

"Mr Ron Paul Presidential Grassroots Supporter!"

You've shown us all that no road is a good road unless there's 5,000 Ron Paul signs for every single mile

"Ron Paul signs EVERYWHERE!!!"

You've set the bar, dedicated your days and nights, all to get his name out to to every single voter driving by until the end of time

"They're multiplying!!"

Spending your hard earned money every day for yet even more signs on a man who you know you will never ever meet

"Honey we're BROKE!!"

You find the overpasses for those banners, You embarass any other supporters, and in the end you can walk down the street with your head held high as you have just put the smackdown on your competition forever

"I love this guy more than ME!"

So crack open a Bud Light grassroots boy, because you know that theres no comparison as you are the man who gets his message out.

Well, what do yall think?

Paultergeist
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow. Agreed.

coffeewithchess
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
+1000000

cheese
01-13-2008, 12:01 AM
needs soundtrack now!

Zero Ice
01-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Good one! Know you need to get recordings!

hummtide
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Good one! Know you need to get recordings!

Thanks! Yeah no kidding! This would be a GREAT superbowl commercial! :D

tikwanleap
01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Hilarious! I love it! :D

justinc.1089
01-13-2008, 12:06 AM
We need to contact budweiser and see if we could do a joint superbowl commercial with this seriously.

Its great, funny, and might be something they would consider.

Jobarra
01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Lol :D

Trigonx
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
wow, i love those commercials and then one with a RP twist!!! oh man

cicatrice
ROFL! I love this!

damon04
AWESOME!! get it in audio!!

hummtide
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
AWESOME!! get it in audio!!

If I had the voice(s) or equipment too, I would! So yes! I needs some help! This is what we need! A HUGE and HILARIOUS commercial for Ron Paul, linked to something everyone who has seen his many MANY signs can relate to! I mean I think its freakin perfect!

Tronchaser
01-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Don't wanna burst the enthusiasm bubble here... but a local radio guy did something like this with the "We salute you..." theme. Budweiser was VERY quick to shoot it down. But, this guy did it with no permission from Bud.

Maybe it'll work, but they really don't like people using their stuff! :)

Vet_from_cali
01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
made me LOL irl, sounds very catchy, and i think it'll be something that people will remember for sure!

*EDIT*- SEND IT TO HQ,AND SEE IF IT IS A PROBLEM WITH BUDWEISER

hummtide
01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
made me LOL irl, sounds very catchy, and i think it'll be something that people will remember for sure!

*EDIT*- SEND IT TO HQ,AND SEE IF IT IS A PROBLEM WITH BUDWEISER

Got the proper email addy for HQ for the right person to read it?

peznex
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
HAHA seriously genius! Get an ad up on Youtube!

The Good Doctor
01-13-2008, 12:57 AM
I think Ron Paul supporters drink microbrews because they are more state oriented VS large national operations like AB or Bud Light.

I would prefer that we drink Sam Adams Boston Lager! :D

Today we salute you, Mr Ron Paul Presidential Grassroots Supporter!

You've shown us all that no road is a good road unless theres 5000 Ron Paul signs for every single mile

"Ron Paul signs EVERYWHERE!!!"

You've set the bar, dedicated your days and nights, all to get his name out to to every single voter driving by until the end of time

"They're multiplying!!"

Spending your hard earned money every day for yet even more signs on a man who you know you will never ever meet

"Honey we're BROKE!!"

You find the overpasses for those banners, You embarass any other supporters, and in the end you can walk down the street with your head held high as you have just put the smackdown on your competition forever

"I love this guy more than ME!"

So crack open a Bud Light grassroots boy, because you know that theres no comparison as you are the man who gets his message out.

Well, what do yall think?

hueylong
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM
jeezus. you can't do that. budweiser will sue you.

we had a candidate for governor in louisiana who had a box of tide in his commercial... procter & gamble made him stop. it was an embarrassment and a fiasco.

justinc.1089
01-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Well obviously you don't just make it ONLY a RP ad, you would have to do it as a joint budweiser RP commercial, or perhaps see if Budweiser would be interested in just doing it for one of their commercials, but thats a little unlikely.

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 01:11 AM

hummtide
01-13-2008, 08:39 AM
bump

hazek
01-13-2008, 08:42 AM
IMO:

This would be a good ad for those who already support Ron. For those who don't and don't know what he stands for or what is his platform, it's sets the frame of a fanatic supporter(s) who would even go broke for this old guy who they heard rumors of being a nut/fringe/racist/etc.. and I strongly believe they wouldn't want to be a part of it.

It's a bad idea IMO. I'm sorry.

DrCap
01-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Didn't someone on these pages already establish that Anheuser-Busch was partly where mcacain's wife came from? So it's unlikely to get such a name. maybe you get miller, or heineken - the Dutch would probably like RP more than the Busch family.