PDA

View Full Version : Question Question Question...PLEASE HELP!!!

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:25 PM
So tonight I told someone all about the problems of the federal reserve and the issue with the american dollar not being backed by anything...then she asked me a very important question...how do we get rid of the fed reserve and get back to the gold standard.... i had no answer for her..... so my question is this....How do we get back to the gold standard and get rid of the federal reserve?

garrettwombat
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
private banks

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
private banks

+1

rp4prez
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
RP has stated he wants to introduce competing currencies like the Liberty Dollar and let the market decide.

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:29 PM
the fed reserve are private banks and that is the problem...still confused...please elaborate.

quantized
getting rid of the Fed is easy. first get ron to be president. and he will educate the congress on economics.

we have our money backed by gold until 1971 (check year), where Fed get rid of the gold. so it is not something remotely strange idea. there are youtube videos on this... i do not remember the link...

niall
Simple: legalize competitive currencies. Think FedEx vs. The U.S. Post Office

If you had the choice between a currency that lost 5-10% of its purchasing power every year, or one that held relatively constant purchasing power over hundreds of years. Which would you choose?

tikwanleap
01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
RP has stated he wants to introduce competing currencies like the Liberty Dollar and let the market decide.

Yes, change the law to allow competing currencies.

killatop

Please explain in terms that I can talk to someone and they will understand the comprehinsive plan to get out of the fed reserve and back to the gold standard

vinwal
It is also something that will not happen overnight, it would be a process of perhaps a couple of years.

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:32 PM

If you had the choice between a currency that lost 5-10% of its purchasing power every year, or one that held relatively constant purchasing power over hundreds of years. Which would you choose?

so we would have multiple currencies in america?

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:33 PM
getting rid of the Fed is easy. first get ron to be president. and he will educate the congress on economics.

we have our money backed by gold until 1971 (check year), where Fed get rid of the gold. so it is not something remotely strange idea. there are youtube videos on this... i do not remember the link...

yeah sure I know all about when the fed reserve was created and when we got off the gold standard but i'm not sure how you get back on it...so far what i'm hearing is you introduce multiple currency's...stil really confusing

Cleaner44
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Congress could fire the Fed tomorrow if they wanted to. Congress has the ability to take back the power they surrendered the the Fed. The only way to get Congress to do this would be to elect Ron Paul and then lean on the existing Congress or replace them.

deedles
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
ronpaullibrary.org

MalcolmGandi
01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
It would only cost 1 billion dollars, it's a backout clause in the original deal that would wipe out most of the national debt immediately.

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
It would only cost 1 billion dollars, it's a backout clause in the original deal that would wipe out most of the national debt immediately.

source? that's incredible...if only america knew this

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Please explain in terms that I can talk to someone and they will understand the comprehinsive plan to get out of the fed reserve and back to the gold standard

Right now you can't just go to your employer and ask to be payed in gold or silver, you can't pay taxes in gold or silver (though its best not to), you can't use gold and silver as money unless it's printed by the government. The current face value of government bullion is far below its actual value, so you don't want to use those coins as money. What Dr. Paul would do is to re-monetize gold and silver. That means making gold and silver optional currencies provided both parties agree. You know how you go to the store and they have a sticker saying they accept Visa or Master Card? Just think of the gold standard as a Visa card. It won't be useable everywhere at first, but eventually it will and hopefully will even overtake FRNs in use just as credit / debit cards have done to cash.

Proton
01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
This is actually the 3rd federal reserve. It has been closed down twice before. We just need to do it again.

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Right now you can't just go to your employer and ask to be payed in gold or silver, you can't pay taxes in gold or silver (though its best not to), you can't use gold and silver as money unless it's printed by the government. The current face value of government bullion is far below its actual value, so you don't want to use those coins as money. What Dr. Paul would do is to re-monetize gold and silver. That means making gold and silver optional currencies provided both parties agree. You know how you go to the store and they have a sticker saying they accept Visa or Master Card? Just think of the gold standard as a Visa card. It won't be useable everywhere at first, but eventually it will and hopefully will even overtake FRNs in use just as credit / debit cards have done to cash.

starting to make more sense....now can't you already sorta do this? I just see all these gold sites espically when looking up ron paul stuff...is this sort of the same thing?

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:41 PM
This is actually the 3rd federal reserve. It has been closed down twice before. We just need to do it again.

please explain.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 11:41 PM

If we are successful, we need to burn into our children's memory that central banks are very, very, very bad.

Dave Pedersen
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I think there is another way get out from under Federal debt liability. All states must secede from the union. Once the dust settles we can reorganize with a new capital city such as Omaha and adopt a new refined constitution based on the original principles.

cheese
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
how did the past 2 presidents who got rid of the central bank do it?

rp4prez
01-12-2008, 11:44 PM

I would say something like what another poster has said already.

If there were competing currencies one backed by gold and another backed by nothing that lost 5% to 10% every few years which would you choose? It would be a slow process but more and more people would demand money backed by gold because who wants to lose 5% to 10% of their hard earned money due to the government's irresponsibility when it comes to spending, spending, and more spending?!

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
starting to make more sense....now can't you already sorta do this? I just see all these gold sites espically when looking up ron paul stuff...is this sort of the same thing?

No, for the most part gold is used as an investment at the moment. I can't take 2 ounces of silver, go to the gas station and fill up my car. I can take those two ounces of silver, sell them and fill up. In other words gold is an asset and not money right now.

tikwanleap
01-12-2008, 11:45 PM

This biggest problem is that gold is treated as an investment instrument and when you sell gold, you are hit with capital gains taxes.

Legalizing competing currencies means removing government restrictions like this type of tax.

There are probably other restrictions that I'm not even mentioning that other people could probably jump in and talk about.

niall
01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
so we would have multiple currencies in america?

We already do:

Visa, MasterCard, Traveller's Checks, Startbuck's gift cards, etc. In a free currency market, the only difference is that they could be redeemable for something other than dollars.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 11:47 PM
how did the past 2 presidents who got rid of the central bank do it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bank_of_the_United_States

They had a contract that was up to expire and he simply vetoed the bill to renew the contract. It was not an easy fight.

Vet_from_cali
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
ronpaullibrary.org

nice site

Enzo
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
The quickest way to get rid of the FED would be for all of us to invest in gold or something else that will maintain it's value long term.... and reject the dollar.

The Fed's power is the dollar... if our wealth and resources are tied to actual worth, and not the dollar, which is at the mercy of interest rates set by the fed... and the rate at which new money is printed... The Fed will lose power because no one will want their worthless dollars.

Vet_from_cali
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
thanks to the original thread poster, alot of good information in here.

BreakYourChains
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
So tonight I told someone all about the problems of the federal reserve and the issue with the american dollar not being backed by anything...then she asked me a very important question...how do we get rid of the fed reserve and get back to the gold standard.... i had no answer for her..... so my question is this....How do we get back to the gold standard and get rid of the federal reserve?

Perhaps you will have to study up a bit, and buy a few books. Here is a start, most are downloadable. This way, you can understand from Dr. Paul himself, and how he proposes to do this. http://ronpaullibrary.org/books.php

killatop
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Perhaps you will have to study up a bit, and buy a few books. Here is a start, most are downloadable. This way, you can understand from Dr. Paul himself, and how he proposes to do this. http://ronpaullibrary.org/books.php

thank you so much, i'll read up and go back to her and hopefully then I can promote Ron Paul,... i didn't think it was appropriate to lionheart my candidate without knowing the facts and thus looking very ignorant.

pdavis
01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
the fed reserve are private banks and that is the problem...still confused...please elaborate.

Thomas Jefferson:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

I believe you as many others are referring to the quote by Thomas Jefferson about the warning of private banks and corporations.

I now deny [the Federal Government's] power of making paper money or anything else a legal tender." --Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor

Thomas Jefferson's former quote has been misconstrued to mean that he was against private banks and for a government monopoly of our banking system and the money supply. His latter quote completely debunks this assumption.

The Federal Reserve being a private bank is not the problem. The problem is the government giving a private bank a monopoly on the issuance of money and credit and controlling our banking system.

Thomas Jefferson was in favor of competing currencies (private and foreign), not a monopoly of the banking system and issuance of money and credit (government and private).

killatop
01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Thomas Jefferson:

I believe you as many others are referring to the quote by Thomas Jefferson about the warning of private banks and corporations.

Thomas Jefferson's former quote has been misconstrued to mean that he was against private banks and for a government monopoly of our banking system and the money supply. His latter quote completely debunks this assumption.

The Federal Reserve being a private bank is not the problem. The problem is the government giving a private bank a monopoly on the issuance of money and credit and controlling our banking system.

Thomas Jefferson was in favor of competing currencies (private and foreign), not a monopoly of the banking system and issuance of money and credit (government and private).

= appifiny(spelling / drunk) starting to make a whole lot more sense now...can't wait to read up on these books.

shadowhooch
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I personally would not even bring up the "gold standard" with the average voter.

It is NOT a mainstream issue and most people don't really care. Sell Ron Paul's other issues like spending cuts, a sensible foreign policy, and getting rid of the income tax.

MJfromCT
01-13-2008, 12:37 AM
First you introduce a competing currency from the actual federal government that is backed by gold and/or silver. The value of that currency would be relative to the value of gold/silver and dollars would be equal to a set amount of ounces/fractions of an ounce of those precious metals. The idea being that those dollars would be capable of being redeemed for that amount of gold/silver in which your dollars you are holding are equivalent to. If the value of gold/silver rises the value of your dollars rise as well as they are still worth the set amount of ounces/fractions of ounces of silver/gold as they were when the currency was created.

killatop
01-13-2008, 12:42 AM
I personally would not even bring up the "gold standard" with the average voter.

It is NOT a mainstream issue and most people don't really care. Sell Ron Paul's other issues like spending cuts, a sensible foreign policy, and getting rid of the income tax.

not the average voter...a person that listens and encourages discussion + we weren't talking about candidates yet... just about monetary policy... I feel it is appropriate to find what touches people and then say how my candidate can help those issues, not just jump on how my candidate is so great, i feel like then you just come off as a salesman rather than an intelligent voter that knows the issues.

killatop
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
First you introduce a competing currency from the actual federal government that is backed by gold and/or silver. The value of that currency would be relative to the value of gold/silver and dollars would be equal to a set amount of ounces/fractions of an ounce of those precious metals. The idea being that those dollars would be capable of being redeemed for that amount of gold/silver in which your dollars you are holding are equivalent to. If the value of gold/silver rises the value of your dollars rise as well as they are still worth the set amount of ounces/fractions of ounces of silver/gold as they were when the currency was created.

+100 .... great explanation.

Mattsa
01-13-2008, 01:02 AM
One of the big open questions is how much gold there actually is to back a currency.

The US gold reserves haven't been properly audited for decades. Nobody knows how much gold there is stored at Fort Knox for example.

There have been several rumours circulated that the gold reserves at Fort Knox have been looted by the banking cartels and Fort Knox is actually EMPTY!

So, a gold backed currency is all very well..............if there is actually some gold somewhere to back it with.

One thing is certain. The gold reserves stolen by the banking families, Rockerfeller, Rothschild etc etc will need to be very swiftly confiscated and returned to the control of some democratically elected body before they can be spirited away..........if they haven't been already.

The US banking system has been under the control of the British and European banking cartels ever since 1913. The Patriots must recover that gold and return it to where it belongs. Those fuckers have raped the American for decades. It's payback time!

N13
01-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Good vid to watch is: Money Masters http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

Five star rated. Its the history of money. You'll learn about the Federal Reserve, where it came from and what it does.

Tidewise
01-13-2008, 01:10 AM
We have a choice - just like Nixon did when he took the dollar of the gold standard internationally: devalue the dollar to keep the gold standard or suffer inflation. Devaluation is not politically palatable, and people don't readily perceive inflation, so inflation it was.

We could go back on the gold standard now, but with all the dollars out there compared to the amount of gold the US likely holds (audits are necessary!) it would take a massive devaluation of the dollar. But we have to be honest about the worth of the dollar, so devaluation is much better choice than endless inflation.

MJfromCT
01-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Good point Mattsa about the gold possibly being all gone from Fort Knox. On a good note, the United States has many gold reserves that have yet to be tapped in Alaska and on a lesser level in the western states. We have means in which to secure gold and silver to back a governmental currency. This process would take many years to iron out but in the long run would benefit all citizens thanks to limited inflation and elimination of ever increasing national debt.

parke
01-13-2008, 01:27 AM

bingo

Mattsa
01-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Good point Mattsa about the gold possibly being all gone from Fort Knox. On a good note, the United States has many gold reserves that have yet to be tapped in Alaska and on a lesser level in the western states. We have means in which to secure gold and silver to back a governmental currency. This process would take many years to iron out but in the long run would benefit all citizens thanks to limited inflation and elimination of ever increasing national debt.

Thanx my man

Well you have several advantages over us in the UK

Gordon Brown, our fuckwit former chancellor and incumbent Prime Minister, sold 2/3rds of the UK gold reserves for about $500oz in 1997.

Since then, our entire banking system has been hijacked by the private banking system. We are in a real mess. The Housing market is following the US market, tanking badly. We have a higher per capita debt than the USA and Sterling is also getting slaughtered. If there is a serious run on Sterling, the Bank of England has no ammunition to defend our currency. Things are going to deteriorate severely in 2008-2009. I'm in the USA right now but as soon as I return to the UK, I gotta find a way to defend my savings against the inevitable carnage that's heading towards the UK economy like a tsunami.

Oh joy!

You're miles ahead in the USA. The Ron Paul movement is proof that a nexus of better informed people know what is happening. The british are asleep at the wheel, blissfully oblivious to what's just around the corner.

gaazn
01-13-2008, 02:01 AM
the problem isn't that the dollar is not backed by anything, it's that the US keeps spending like crazy and keeps printing money to finance it.

rpfan2008
01-13-2008, 02:20 AM
How do we get back to the gold standard and get rid of the federal reserve?

Slowly, gradually like Pound/Marks etc. changed to EURO. Every large institution like banks , big corporations that needs large cash will have to deposit equivalent amount of Gold to the Central Bank. Govt. will have to slowly replace all the fiat dollars to new Gold backed redeemable dollar. So when you will own/lend/use a dollar it will imply that you are not using only that dollar but that chunk of gold in the Central Reserve Bank that was deposited when that note was issued. And we all know that gold prices only goes up, so the bank can print more currency based on the value appreciation of that gold in the next yr. :)