PDA

View Full Version : Pollster Justifies Why it is OK to Exclude Ron Paul from Texas Poll

Bradley in DC
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/Ron-Paul.html

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Well crap! Any ideas of what we can do about this?

Cindy
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
1) someone can take a look at how many RP meetups there are in texas,

2)see if the organizers will give a bunch of us here at RPforums the extra two they are allowed, and ask them if they have a member who lives in a distant twon who would like to start one for their area with the extra they are allowed.

You get to host 3 meetups for the price of one for those who do not know what I am talking about.

3)Strategically use thir extras to better cover the higher population areas that do not yet have one

4) Though we can not be there, we can start posting a bunch of great ron paul articles and videos on their message boards and give them ideas for what they can be doing as individuals or groups, until someone steps up as the local organziser for it.

Meetups seem the best vehicle for getting Ron pauls name and message out there.

After the Iowa and straw poll and caucus, maybe we can do a fund raiser here to purchase 3 large billboards on 3 busy highways going in and out of the top 3 cities or something.

Just some ideas.........

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Good idea. But, surely there's something we can do about him being left out of the friggin' polls.

bygone
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
You're really going to need a big win somewhere to shake things up.

Man from La Mancha
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Well all that has to be done is for the main headquarters to get off their butts and run a week of media blitz radio spots on hannity and Rush. Ron talks of transparency in government but his campaign is not run that way. There should be a page of a projects planned and ongoing with regular updates to the progress. Including how much money up to date and the number of supporters. We need goals to reach for with their backward way of running things we don't know or can't suggest improvements. Don't they want to win???

General Eisenhower had a problem of getting thru a very thick grove off trees grown to stop armies from advancing and had to be done fast. All his staff and top people couldn't figure it out so he put the problem out to all his troops and lo and behold an ordinary private solved the problem. So headquarters better wise up and share what their doing.

I read on this Eisenhower thing a long ago and can't find it on the web. if anybody knows of this story please let me know. I never found out how the proplem was solved. thanks.

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Well crap! Any ideas of what we can do about this?
If anyone is nearby, they can stop in and give this guy a 'noogy.'

nathanielyao
07-25-2007, 04:05 AM
bump

foofighter20x
07-25-2007, 04:12 AM
My Conversation with CEO of Coveted Polling Organization

I had a conversation with the CEO of a major polling organization within the state of Texas. They are a nationally coveted and respected polling agency that has worked with many political campaigns in the past. And to put icing on the cake, they specialize in Republican candidates!

Shortcomings of Polling

The first thing I did was ask him about his methodology of polling. He replied that he has automated callers to call your homes. The numbers he uses are from voting lists and he agreed to the following shortcomings:

He cannot poll those that have never voted before. (Many Ron Paul supporters have never voted before.)
He must ignore those that were never eligible to vote before (18-21). (This age group is likely to favor Ron Paul). Historically, 17% of primary voters are between 18-29. But from a polling perspective are probably only polled at a 10% rate.
Although they make a conscience effort to restrict the number of voters to each area of the state, they cannot restrict the number of voters to a specific ethnicity. This could lead to inaccurate polling of candidates that appeal to a certain ethnic minority like Barack Obama or Bill Richardson.
They cannot poll anyone that has recently switched [parties].

For the most part, this has not mattered so much in the past because the group that is left out is still a small minority of the total voting population. And if you were to poll them separately, their results usually do not differ by a large amount for or against any candidate.

Well, this is a good thing then... Means the MSM and the pollsters are in for a rude, rude awakening. :D

Note: I edited #4 for clarity.

freelance
07-25-2007, 05:10 AM
bump