PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Resolution?

ClockwiseSpark
01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I attended my first GOP meeting today and I'm happy to report it was a very positive experience for the most part. There were only two vocal anti-Ron Paul people there and their behavior was not appreciated by the majority of the "Old Guard". Over all they were very happy to have new blood at the meeting, I even heard one woman state happily, "We'll have to rent a bigger space!".

The question that I have involves resolutions. Apparently submitting resolutions in regards to candidates is the thing to do to get people to vote for a specific individual. I was thinking that any resolution regarding; (a Civil Liberties (b The Economy, would be a good idea but I have no idea where to begin.

Does anyone have links, advice or even a sample resolution?

ClockwiseSpark
01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
bump

ClockwiseSpark
01-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Throw me a freakin' bone here! :p

http://idealog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/25/cheney_drevil.jpg

Indy Vidual
01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Not sure exactly what your asking?

Cleaner44
01-13-2008, 12:19 AM
What do you mean regarding resolutions?

ClockwiseSpark
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
We were told that resolutions to the county platform would be made at the convention. My assumption is that this is how they decide "who" is electable based on their platform. My question is how does one go about making a resolution to the county/state platform?

tikwanleap
01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Use the paleoconservative planks:

Smaller government
Fiscal responsibility (Lower taxes and lower spending)
Restore individual liberty

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 12:34 AM
This is great and what we all should be doing. Hopefully by tomorrow everyone will be rested and off of the racism scandal long enough to focus on the real work of the campaign. I'll try and give this serious though after I get some sleep.

Thank you.

ClockwiseSpark
01-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Well here's the county platform. I see some holes in it but I still have no idea how to go about drafting a resolution. Any ideas?

http://www.whatcomgop.com/default.asp?target=platformcounty