http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com

DIGG THIS
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Democrats_plan_to_revive_Military_Draft

integrity
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
blimped

Meiun
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Ron Paul, the prophet, was right again... Wow.

AlexMerced
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
yep

Vet_from_cali
01-12-2008, 11:04 PM
this is terrible if it goes thru

luvthedoc08
01-12-2008, 11:09 PM
this is good news for us, but doesn't the argument seem a little week considering the bill hasn't gone anywhere in a year? or is that just how long these things take?

Dave Pedersen
01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
They can keep things in the wings for years and then pass them with no debate in an instant.

luvthedoc08
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
damn it, well ill spread the word!

free.alive
01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
What was McCain saying the other day about asking you men to serve?

Please YouTube if you've got it...

Onyx
01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Ron Paul had this to say when honoring Muhammad Ali in his efforts to fight the draft and protect civil liberties.

"Mr. Speaker, I rise in support of H. Res. 58. I saw Muhammad Ali as a man of great courage, and I admired him for this, not because of the courage that it took to get in a ring and fight men bigger than he, but because of his stance in 1967.
In 1967, he was 25 years old. He was the heavyweight champion of the world, and for religious beliefs, he practiced what Martin Luther King made popular, civil disobedience, because he disagreed with the war. I thought his comments were rather astute at the time and were not complex, but he merely said, I have no quarrel with the Viet-Cong. He said the Viet-Cong never called him a name, and because of his religious convictions, he said he did not want to serve in the military. He stood firm, a man of principle, and I really admired this as a quality.

He is known, of course, for his athletic skills and his humanitarian concerns, and these are rightly mentioned in a resolution like this. But I do want to emphasize this because, to me, it was so important and had such impact, in reality, what Muhammad Ali did eventually led to getting rid of the draft, and yet we as a people and we as a Congress still do not have the conviction that Muhammad Ali had, because we still have the selective service; we say, let us not draft now, but when the conditions are right, we will bring back the draft and bring back those same problems that we had in the 1960s.

I see what Muhammad Ali did as being very great. He deserves this recognition, but we should also praise him for being a man of principle and willing to give up his title for 3 years at the age of 25 at the prime of his career. How many of us give up something to stand on principle? He was a man of principle. He believed it and he stood firm, so even those who may disagree with his position may say at least he stood up for what he believed in. He suffered the consequences and fortunately was eventually vindicated."

Wow. This is an outstanding speech by Ron Paul. It’s so sad to see the media trying to smear this wonderful man by saying he is a racist. Anyone who reads this speech can clearly see that he stands up for principles and individual rights.

buffalokid777
01-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Well if they ever do push this nonsense thru....

I have a lighter ready to burn my draft card.....

I'd be happy to defend my country if we were invaded.

I'm not willing to put my life on the line outside the borders of the USA to expand the empire.....

If they ever pass this...people in this country will freak.......

rasheedwallace
01-13-2008, 01:49 AM
this is over a year old, why are you bringing it up?

there will be no draft anytime soon, too many in the house oppose it...

Ryokucha
01-13-2008, 04:51 AM
This news is a year old, H.R. 393 went to subcommittee and it is said to be abandoned. It had 2 cosponsors, and no serious support.

Some believe it was brought up by the Dems to start draft talk to scare people about the Iraq war turning in to another Vietnam.

MikeFallopian
01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Rangel has introduced a draft bill a couple times, but no one agrees with him. Reinstating the draft is emphatically NOT part of either party's agenda. Claiming that "Democrats plan to revive Military Draft" is therefore a bit disengenuous.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Rangel has introduced a draft bill a couple times, but no one agrees with him. Reinstating the draft is emphatically NOT part of either party's agenda. Claiming that "Democrats plan to revive Military Draft" is therefore a bit disengenuous.

No, I don't think it is disingenuous as Obama has promoted expanding National Service on the Presidential campaign trail. So between this legislation being introduced by and cosponsored by Democrats and expanded National Service being promoted by a serious Democratic contender for their parties Presidential nomination, it is perfectly legitimate to question whether there is an agenda on the part of the Democrats to reinstitute the Military Draft.

silverlegacy
01-13-2008, 07:47 PM
It would be political suicide for either party to start the draft back up. It is not happening unless WW III breaks out soon.

AlexMerced
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
It would be political suicide for either party to start the draft back up. It is not happening unless WW III breaks out soon.

You mean it hasn't started yet?

cindy25
01-13-2008, 08:28 PM
google: McCain, mandatory national service
and
Hillary, universal national service

you will be surprised and frightened

Ara825
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
They are out in force trying to bury it. Damn bury brigade.