PDA

View Full Version : People CAN overcome the media-disease (personal experience)

Agent CSL
01-12-2008, 10:13 PM
The other day on the day of the Sign Bomb I was going out to put out my hand-made sign at the bottom of our property. (I live with my parents at the moment). My dad immediately attacked me verbally on what's he's heard about Ron Paul. Saying that a "vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the nazi party." I didn't have any time to correct his views nor did I want to get into it with him. So I went and put up the sign (which later mysteriously disappeared). :rolleyes:

Couple days passed and I talked about Ron Paul. I easily swayed my mother over by releasing little tidbits here and there, but what really sold her was homeschooling. My dad listens to Sean Hannity and Michael Medved almost religiously, because his job requires him to do nothing but drive a vehicle where he's usually listening to radio.

I asked my dad why he was against Ron Paul and why he thought he was part of a nazi party, and I wasn't surprised at his answer. Because "Hannity was slammin' Ron all the time." My dad, as an unintended consequence of the words of some jackasses, acted very hostile to me thinking I was part of the nazi party.

I put some Ron Paul slimjims on his computer keyboard today and he just came into my room and said "Well, Laura, I agree with his policies a lot.... I actually agree with them.... Too bad this guy doesn't have a shot in the world." My dad was embarrassed to admit this because I think he realized he was dead wrong after learning about Ron Paul.

When you have your own father accuse you of being part of the nazi party because some guy on the radio said something it's really damaging. But tonight gave me a shred of hope that these listeners and media-entranced people can be woken up. But, they need to do it in their own time.

Paulitical Correctness
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I woke my father up as well.

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
"People CAN overcome the media-disease"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_blackout

silverhandorder
01-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Was a hard battle for me but my parents are coming around. They simply don't care enough to back him besides voting.

constitutional
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I talk to my father about Ron Paul. He likes Hillary Clinton (can't blame him, she does stand up for minority (economical benefits)) and he is not one bit into politics and speaks very fluent English. He also said "he [ron paul] is right, a good guy, makes sense but why aren't people voting for him?"

I tell him that the media is manipulating public. He thinks I'm crazy sometimes for making such absurd remarks. :p

Paulitical Correctness
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
He thinks I'm crazy sometimes for making such absurd remarks. :p

When some epic shit hits the fan, and everyone's eyes are pried open to the truth, there will be a massive "I told you so!" heard 'round the world.

I know several people I'd love to scream it at, personally.

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow, amazing story, there is hope after all!

paulitics
01-12-2008, 10:33 PM
The other day on the day of the Sign Bomb I was going out to put out my hand-made sign at the bottom of our property. (I live with my parents at the moment). My dad immediately attacked me verbally on what's he's heard about Ron Paul. Saying that a "vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the nazi party." I didn't have any time to correct his views nor did I want to get into it with him. So I went and put up the sign (which later mysteriously disappeared). :rolleyes:

Couple days passed and I talked about Ron Paul. I easily swayed my mother over by releasing little tidbits here and there, but what really sold her was homeschooling. My dad listens to Sean Hannity and Michael Medved almost religiously, because his job requires him to do nothing but drive a vehicle where he's usually listening to radio.

I asked my dad why he was against Ron Paul and why he thought he was part of a nazi party, and I wasn't surprised at his answer. Because "Hannity was slammin' Ron all the time." My dad, as an unintended consequence of the words of some jackasses, acted very hostile to me thinking I was part of the nazi party.

I put some Ron Paul slimjims on his computer keyboard today and he just came into my room and said "Well, Laura, I agree with his policies a lot.... I actually agree with them.... Too bad this guy doesn't have a shot in the world." My dad was embarrassed to admit this because I think he realized he was dead wrong after learning about Ron Paul.

When you have your own father accuse you of being part of the nazi party because some guy on the radio said something it's really damaging. But tonight gave me a shred of hope that these listeners and media-entranced people can be woken up. But, they need to do it in their own time.

He got this from Medved, because I have heard him use it more than once. People simply parrot what the media tells them to think. They get pissed off too when they are intellectually challenged. Garbage in, garbage out.

Solas
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm still working on my father. I can talk to him all day about Ron Paul's stances without actually mentioning Ron Paul and he will just about completely agree, but as soon as I add Ron Paul into the formula, those views are 'farce'.

Courtesy of the media and certain talk show hosts for creating this Ron Paul mental block, heh.

constitutional
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm still working on my father. I can talk to him all day about Ron Paul's stances without actually mentioning Ron Paul and he will just about completely agree, but as soon as I add Ron Paul into the formula, those views are 'farce'.

Courtesy of the media and certain talk show hosts for creating this Ron Paul mental block, heh.

ditto, many people have that view.