PDA

View Full Version : Vermont: RP is on the Primary Ballot!

infojunkie
01-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks to the hard work of Ron Paul supporters organizing on Meetup, Ron Paul is now on the March 4 primary ballot in Vermont!

We needed to collect 1000 signatures, minimum, and submit them to the Secretary of State for certification, along with the $2000 filing fee.

"the campaign decided to submit the signatures quietly on Monday [Dec 31] without any publicity or rally - just a lawyer from the national campaign" -- posted by Ben Meyer Fri, 04 Jan 2008

"RON PAUL IS ON THE BALLOT IN VERMONT
thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!" -- posted by Ben Meyer Thu, 10 Jan 2008

I believe we still need to name delegates (those rules are set by the state party, not the state of VT), but the big hurdle is over. A big thanks to Ben, who collected a huge amount of signatures early on, and then convinced many folks to help get us over the top. I know we submitted at least 1300, probably more.

March 4 (the first Tuesday of the month) is "Town Meeting Day" in Vermont, and the state combines the presidential primary with that because they're so frugal. :-) There is a chance to really do well here if supporters in the neighboring states of MA, NY and NH help out, because their primaries will all be done after Feb 5.

Vermont has an even more open primary than NH's. "Party registration" in Vermont only exists on that one day, when all voters can choose which party's ballot to take.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - Last Day to Register To Vote for the Presidential Primary Election in Vermont

more info at: http://www.vermont-elections.org/

To Victory!

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you all! I know I've heard that other candidates haven't made it on the ballot in all the States, like Obama in Michigan. This is such a basic requirement that so many take for granted.

Way to go Vermont!

ItsTime
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Vermont use to be a libertarian state and there are a lot of supporters there. He should do very well there. :D

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
So is that all the states?

infojunkie
01-13-2008, 01:52 AM
So is that all the states?

Here's the main thread where they are keeping track:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33799