PDA

View Full Version : A lil project I've been working on. Feedback would be appreciated.

skeryl
01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
After thinking long and hard and after being disappointed by low voter turn out amongst younglings, I have decided to concentrate my effort on the seniors that do vote. Considering that seniors can hardly chew on a slim jim (i live in a retirement community), I am focusing on informing them about the benefits of having an alternative source on information other than msm.

To do this I designed a free newsletter of sorts that is more informative about current events not addressed by mass media. I used articles that I thought were effective from various websites and I am providing a service whereby they can contact me to get additional information that they wouldn't see on TV. I feel this way i can provide them with information to balance everything they hear on msm about various candidates.

It is my hope that eventually they will see the light.

the newsletter I created can be viewed by PDF here.
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/70cc6df8-99e1-4045-ad42-29286d124846

Its a 11x17 2 sided sheet folded in half with a single page insert.

I have received 2 responses so far and its been 7 hours since I passed them around.

How effective do you think this is?
Thanks!

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 09:47 PM
It always is best to use voter lists and go from there into specific groups, like seniors.

With lists of registered voters, including voting history, you know who votes and who doesn't.

Targeting seniors can be done simply by the birthdates included with voter dates.

You are wise to want to target seniors, because they vote, and vote in the primaries at a far higher clip than youth.

TexFootballMom
01-12-2008, 10:00 PM
But the newsletter idea was great!

skeryl
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
It always is best to use voter lists and go from there into specific groups, like seniors.

With lists of registered voters, including voting history, you know who votes and who doesn't.

Targeting seniors can be done simply by the birthdates included with voter dates.

You are wise to want to target seniors, because they vote, and vote in the primaries at a far higher clip than youth.

How do I get my hands on voter lists? I cant believe i dint think of it.. Thanks!

cheese
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
How do I get my hands on voter lists? I cant believe i dint think of it.. Thanks!

try phoning Ron Pauls headquarters?

Enzo
01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Make sure you are the only one writing the newsletter!