PDA

View Full Version : Who directed the SC debate on FOX?

DAP
01-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone notice how the camera shook while it was on certain candidates? FOX is a major network and that's unprofessional of them. It was like a train was going by or an earthquake was happening. Camera operators know shaky camera work makes you feel sick.

Then the spilt screen maneuvers that showed John McCain making faces? And reaction shots? I couldn't believe my eyes.

I kept thinking at some point they were going to pan through the audience and zoom in on someone putting their hand over their mouth.

Who directed that debate?

pcosmar
01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
Who Else?

hopeful
01-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Robert Murdoch

BizmanUSA
01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone notice how the camera shook while it was on certain candidates? FOX is a major network and that's unprofessional of them. It was like a train was going by or an earthquake was happening. Camera operators know shaky camera work makes you feel sick.

Then the spilt screen maneuvers that showed John McCain making faces? And reaction shots? I couldn't believe my eyes.

I kept thinking at some point they were going to pan through the audience and zoom in on someone putting their hand over their mouth.

Who directed that debate?

What about the lighting casting ugly shadows on RP and the bad audio stage monitoring system that made Ron Paul look like he was hard of hearing!

Mitt, Fred & Mac looked the best but still had shadows - being close to the center the audio must have been better.

Where was the advance team for RP so as to avoid these issues?

I am sure many of us would have volunteered to work with the site techs at Faux

DAP
01-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Now that you mention the lighting, I remember John McCain saying at the end of one of his answers to a question that he was "not so sure about the lights." Then I think he pointed to the lights before the camera cut away to another candidate with another question.

You're right about RP not being able to hear also. More than once he put his hand behind his ear.

Very strange. Was it sloppy work on FOX's part with the stage crew or was it intentional? It's hard not to wonder who would have benefited the most from this?

I believe there is a control room where the director sits watching all the monitors that are fed from the cameras and he/she chooses what to focus on and for what length of time. Whoever was directing had to make the call for one of the tech guys to split the screen so it would show two candidates at once.