PDA

View Full Version : Let us hire Luntz

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Pay him $1M to sway public opinion in our favor. Play fire with fire...

thougts?

Ron LOL
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I like the idea of hiring him.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Watch the video where he and other propagandists tell how they do what they do instead. http://www.linktv.org/programs/orwell_deceiving this is very powerful, but 84 min.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
You're on crack.

constitutional
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
He said Rudy has hired him already and Luntz said he can't do much to help a candidate.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Watch the video where he and other propagandists tell how they do what they do instead. http://www.linktv.org/programs/orwell_deceiving this is very powerful, but 84 min.

Watching it now...But what do u think? Lets buy him. His soul is obviously for sale.

heath.whiteaker
I think it's a great idea.... we could really screw with fox in a major way.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
You're on crack.

lol. Coffee :)

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Watching it now...But what do u think? Lets buy him. His soul is obviously for sale.

It seems like Hillary owns his soul right now. I'm not sure that we could afford it.

ValidusCustodiae
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
F*ck Frank Luntz, he's a slug of a human being.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
It seems like Hillary owns his soul right now. I'm not sure that we could afford it.

Lets hire someone else then.

Dlynne
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Surely there is another Lunz for sale.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM

That Drew guy seems very powerful esp. with his knowledge of how the brain functions. Top that off with his personal view that the troops need to come home right now. I thought he gave an awsome argument against the "support our troops" phrase.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
That Drew guy seems very powerful esp. with his knowledge of how the brain functions. Top that off with his personal view that the troops need to come home right now. I thought he gave an awsome argument against the "support our troops" phrase.

Lets contact him? Anyone have his number? I will gladly speak to him.

jake
01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Surely there is another Lunz for sale.

exactly. fight Luntz with.. some other Luntz-like character.

the problem is: what will his soapbox be? Luntz is allied with Murdoch. Who would this guy be allied with? :(

LivingFree
01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I watched the Orwell video and he does have a soul, at least part of one.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Lets contact him? Anyone have his number? I will gladly speak to him.

This is all I have on him

Drew Westen, professor of psychology/psychiatry and behavioral sciences, Emory University; author of "The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation."

That bearded guy is George Lakoff, he's fairly good too.

George Lakoff, Co-Founder and Senior Fellow, Rockridge Institute and the Goldman Distinguished Professor of Cognitive Science and Linguistics, UC Berkeley

Korey Kaczynski
01-12-2008, 09:17 PM
He may be a scumbag, but he's pretty intelligent.

Alabama Supporter
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't think he is particularly effective at what he does, but hiring him might have some other beneits with Faux news.

Korey Kaczynski
01-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't think he is particularly effective at what he does, but hiring him might have some other beneits with Faux news.

He might be. His biggest clients are probably lobbyists, not politicians, per se.

Ninja Homer
01-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Luntz has said that he doesn't like Ron Paul. There's no way I'd support giving him money.

Korey Kaczynski
01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Luntz has said that he doesn't like Ron Paul. There's no way I'd support giving him money.

Yeah.

But don't hold that belief too closely; Fox doesn't like Ron Paul either, yet Ron Paul has to pay to get in debates.

Sometimes you have to give a little money to your enemies to make them love you. However, I don't think Luntz would really be of any effect for our campaign, anyways.

constitutional
01-12-2008, 09:25 PM

Hire Murdoch... oh wait. :eek:

slantedview
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
i hate luntz and he probably hates all of us. i don't see how this could be a good idea.

Drknows
01-12-2008, 09:33 PM
all we need is a good speaker and a room full of Ron Paul supporters i mean undecided voters.

quantized
01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
pay him money to say "i am a big idiot, worst shit ever" on FOX news.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
This is all I have on him

Drew Westen, professor of psychology/psychiatry and behavioral sciences, Emory University; author of "The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation."

That bearded guy is George Lakoff, he's fairly good too.

George Lakoff, Co-Founder and Senior Fellow, Rockridge Institute and the Goldman Distinguished Professor of Cognitive Science and Linguistics, UC Berkeley

I will send him an email tonight. Lets see how this turns out.

stevedasbach
01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
All together now

F*CK YOUFRANK!

Michigan11
01-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Let's payoff Rush Limpbaugh

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Make FRANK LUNTZ an offer. If he accepts, I'll chip in.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Make FRANK LUNTZ an offer. If he accepts, I'll chip in.

Nice :)

noztnac
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
No.

Taco John
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
This thread really makes me wonder about Luntz's place in American history, post-RP

N13
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah right, that's like wondering if you should put some poop in your stir fry dinner.

Feelgood
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
FU Frank sure seems adamant about Hillary winning... :eek:

Enzo
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Why do we need to hire him? We already know his technique.

Reframe issues and speech through specific language that is beneficial to you... and is alternative to the framing used by the opposition.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
FU Frank sure seems adamant about Hillary winning... :eek:

Watching it now too....That guy is such an asshole. He prepped the crowd not too boo him, and I am glad that the guy shouted at him in the end. Ruined his "framing" experiment :)

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Why do we need to hire him? We already know his technique.

Reframe issues and speech through specific language that is beneficial to you... and is alternative to the framing used by the opposition.

I'm still trying to grasp the 1 frame vs. several frames concept. We need to present Dr. Paul's message in 1 frame and we need that frame to be unique to Dr. Paul. That way, when Huckabee brings up Dr. Paul's points they think of Dr. Paul just like most people thought of Tide via completely different key words.

In essence this would turn a discussion that never once mentions Dr. Paul into a huge ad for Dr. Paul. I saw the perfect accidental example of this with the video of that Huckabee staffer who slipped Dr. Paul's name. I just wish I knew how exactly that happened.

syborius
01-12-2008, 10:45 PM
exactly. fight Luntz with.. some other Luntz-like character.

the problem is: what will his soapbox be? Luntz is allied with Murdoch. Who would this guy be allied with? :(

haha Fight Luntz with another Duntz?

Im sure the campaign is consulting with pros as it is. We would need a network as a platform though, so even if you hire a guru, where are you going to broadcast his analysis?

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
haha Fight Luntz with another Duntz?

Im sure the campaign is consulting with pros as it is. We would need a network as a platform though, so even if you hire a guru, where are you going to broadcast his analysis?

That is what we are paying them for. They better tell us how to get our message out. It may be a bit too expensive on TV, so maybe have some mailings etc.

Enzo
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm still trying to grasp the 1 frame vs. several frames concept. We need to present Dr. Paul's message in 1 frame and we need that frame to be unique to Dr. Paul. That way, when Huckabee brings up Dr. Paul's points they think of Dr. Paul just like most people thought of Tide via completely different key words.

In essence this would turn a discussion that never once mentions Dr. Paul into a huge ad for Dr. Paul. I saw the perfect accidental example of this with the video of that Huckabee staffer who slipped Dr. Paul's name. I just wish I knew how exactly that happened.

Well, one frame specific to Paul could be referring to Iraq as an occupation any time it's brought up.

Then, even if they disagree with it being called an occupation, they've already used his language in his frame.

I think he already does this to some degree when he frames things "constitutionally"

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Well, one frame specific to Paul could be referring to Iraq as an occupation any time it's brought up.

Then, even if they disagree with it being called an occupation, they've already used his language in his frame.

I think he already does this to some degree when he frames things "constitutionally"

You know which word I remember Dr. Paul say in the last debate?

"BLOWBACK"

His last word from one of his answers. Dr. Paul is probably already aware of these tricks .... :)

nuklbone
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Frank Luntz is a professional that gets paid to understand how people think and how to communicate to people in a way that will win elections. It's not personal. He may be a total jerk with no soul but if HQ has enough money to hire him, I think they should do it. If nothing else, it may help break through the media black out that we're up against.

justinc.1089
01-12-2008, 10:58 PM
If we hired Luntz and paid him Murdoch would just pay him more to screw us over. And why would he want to work for us anyway and not be in league with all those elitists, or when he has all the work he ever needs with fox?

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 10:59 PM
yeah he's worked for Rudy lol!

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I am smiling now. Just finished the video. I think I have been framed by Dr. Paul. And I love it :)