PDA

View Full Version : How much money is involved in this?

LBennett76
01-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I signed up and now I'm supposed to buy all kinds of stuff. I'm a single mother who works part-time and doesn't get child support. I am POOR. Exactly how much money am I expected to put into this? I signed up to do this because I didn't have money to donate to the campaign, but I could donate my time.
I'm just curious as to a ballpark figure here to see if it's within reason for me.

ItsTime
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
If you do need to buy things (I did not) and you can not afford items. PM when you find out what you need, we may have some things left here in New Hampshire I can send you.

I signed up and now I'm supposed to buy all kinds of stuff. I'm a single mother who works part-time and doesn't get child support. I am POOR. Exactly how much money am I expected to put into this? I signed up to do this because I didn't have money to donate to the campaign, but I could donate my time.
I'm just curious as to a ballpark figure here to see if it's within reason for me.

nate895
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
If you do need to buy things (I did not) and you can not afford items. PM when you find out what you need, we may have some things left here in New Hampshire I can send you.

Since I'm not a captain yet, and am looking into the possibility, do you have to buy the slim jims, or do you not have to?

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Contact your state coordinator(s). If you need campaign materials, they may have some that they can give you. Also, a MeetUp group in your area may have a supply of materials that you can get for free or very low cost.

It's different everywhere, so contact your local people.

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Since I'm not a captain yet, and am looking into the possibility, do you have to buy the slim jims, or do you not have to?

You don't have to. It's just recommended because then you have something you can leave with the undecided voters when you canvass.

It's really the undecideds that you are targeting. Make your phone calls first. That way you can cross off anybody who is absolutely NOT going to vote RP no matter what. You will also not need slimjims for people who definitely WILL vote RP.

Once you have your list narrowed down to people who are undecided or just not really strongly supporting another candidate, then you'll know how many slimjims you'll really need. Those will be the people you want to go canvass.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Open up your "Precinct Walkign list" Go to the bottom page. it will tell you how many total slim jims you will need.

You can buy slim jims from he campaign store in bulk for 3 bucks a pack. One pack has 100 slim jims.

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

It says I need 810 slim jims. So this will be very inexpensive for me.

daniroyer
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Really try to get in contact with local "official" coordinators. My local office is all the way up in Miami and it's an hour each way, but I got all of my stuff for free.

ColdSoul
01-13-2008, 01:09 AM

As someone has pointed out there is ways to not buy any materials. Even if you did buy materials it would be 60 bucks at the most (20 packs of Ron Paul Slim Jims at 3 bucks a 100 pack).

You can also get materials from a local meetup, through your state coordinator or make a chipin on chipin.com and post here asking for money.

What it will cost is some of your time. You will be expected to make phone calls, or go door to door on your lists and talk to people about Ron Paul.

Maybe you could just sign up and do the phone calling part and explain that you would love to be there at there house but your a working single mother and your time and money is limited, and then explain why you support Ron Paul? I think this would be best as it would not cost you anything.

Then if you find someone who has some time and money in your precinct then you can have them do the door to door! :)

Hope this helps.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Keep bumping here. Also HQ will send you some free material, they sent some out to me today. I'm waiting for names on my walking list so until I know how many of each type of slimjim I need I am not ordering yet.

Once you get some canvassing going hopefully you will meet some people locally who are willing to help. The idea of a single mother taking on this resposibility should shame someone into coming up with some cash.

Thank you.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Gotten any help yet?