PDA

View Full Version : An Important Suggestion for the Official Campaign

Jason C. Knapp
01-12-2008, 08:43 PM
There may be no candidate that comes even remotely close to the personal history and political philosophy of Dr. Paul. His tremendous display of integrity and commitment to his values speaks highly of his character; the type of character so desperately needed to lead this country. It is this kind of leadership that restores faith in a federal government with decades of dysfunction, motivates the malcontented to be better citizens, raises the standard of living not merely in the US but across the globe. Dr. Paul understands economic policy so fundamentally that it translates into knowledge of how the world works, which is what many of our Founders understood. Allowing people and businesses to operate freely without unnecessary interference generates knowledge and wealth, and thus happiness and prosperity.

These principles I too deeply believe. And in his campaign for the presidency, he does an excellent job of articulating what they are and justifying why he believes them to be true. It is not his political philosophy nor his biography I think need to be downplayed; rather, inclusion of a vital component to his message: the specifics of how he plans to achieve his ideas. Often he speaks of world history and in technical terms that can be difficult for some to digest. Additionally, he speaks of problems and their relative solution. For example, the income tax is unnecessary and unethical so the IRS ought to be dissolved. The concepts of his message may seem rather abstract at points. What I am suggesting to Dr. Paul and his campaign staff is to include a clearly defined blueprint of how he plans to achieve the goals of his principles. A blueprint with such definition that the average person hearing it not only knows what Dr. Paul wants to do and why he wants to do it, but how he plans to get it done. I strongly believe if his campaign includes this concrete dimension to his message, people unclear of the way he will implement his ideas or skeptical of his electability will suddenly lack those beliefs.

Jason C. Knapp
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Does anyone have some thoughts on the suggestion?

ItsTime
01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
cliff notes will get more comments :D

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Dude, yoze has the same problem Ron Paul does. Yoze gots ta dumb down your message for us simple folks here on the forums :D

Seriously though, these exact sentiments and ideas have been bandied about innumerable times in dozens of threads over these past few months. I'm quite certain that the national campaign has received voluminous missives expressing these very same ideas.

And welcome to the rEVOLution. If you are so inclined may I invite you to participate more fully in these forums? It is always refreshing to find another who enjoys the vanishing art of skillful repartee.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Dude, yoze has the same problem Ron Paul does. Yoze gots ta dumb down your message for us simple folks here on the forums :D

It is always refreshing to find another who enjoys the vanishing art of skillful repartee.

uhhhh, whut is one them repartees?:)

The campaign is counting on volunteers to help with the precincts.

Jason C. Knapp
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Seriously though, these exact sentiments and ideas have been bandied about innumerable times in dozens of threads over these past few months. I'm quite certain that the national campaign has received voluminous missives expressing these very same ideas.

And welcome to the rEVOLution. If you are so inclined may I invite you to participate more fully in these forums? It is always refreshing to find another who enjoys the vanishing art of skillful repartee.

I accept your invitation vivaciously. But, with regard to my post...I really hope they decide to include that aspect in his message; I feel its integral, but I imagine that wasn't already evident. :) Yeah, I just joined tonight so you'll probably be seeing me around the forum. Thanks for the reply.

Dlynne
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Your suggestion boils down to RP hiring a professional media press coordinator, professional PR person, a speech and image coach, and a professional ad agency.

This can't happen too soon.

jkaufmann
01-12-2008, 10:02 PM
I understand what you want him to do -- lay out plans that will get us from point A to point B.

No one can do that. No one can predict the exact short term to long-term effects of a plan except in generalities.

Since I have become a Paul supporter I have opened myself to reeducation. Principally from Ludwig Von Mises point of view and the axioms defined for Praxeology (Human Action) I have learned that no one can examine the past and predict a future. There are too many variables that cannot be accounted for, or even understood by later generations of historians. One can only set forth plans and policies that allow for maximum progressive growth, economically and socially. This plan is freedom, and nonintervention in all aspects of life with the bedrock of freedom supported by the rule of law, which stems from a written document. Our Constitution.

I think this point of view is why Paul can seem erratic and non-specific on certain policies, yet so seductive and simple to many who hail his message. Perhaps he has mastered the axiomatic principles underlying human action.

I wish I had a better grasp of the concepts to explain in easier terms. All I can say, now, is this:
Ron, I now understand. I have reached the next stage. You are not a perfect human being but the message is. You will not walk alone.

http://praxeology.net/praxeo.htm

Jason C. Knapp
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I understand what you want him to do -- lay out plans that will get us from point A to point B.

No one can do that. No one can predict the exact short term to long-term effects of a plan except in generalities.

Since I have become a Paul supporter I have opened myself to reeducation. Principally from Ludwig Von Mises point of view and the axioms defined for Praxeology (Human Action) I have learned that no one can examine the past and predict a future. There are too many variables that cannot be accounted for, or even understood by later generations of historians. One can only set forth plans and policies that allow for maximum progressive growth, economically and socially. This plan is freedom, and nonintervention in all aspects of life with the bedrock of freedom supported by the rule of law, which stems from a written document. Our Constitution.

I think this point of view is why Paul can seem erratic and non-specific on certain policies, yet so seductive and simple to many who hail his message. Perhaps he has mastered the axiomatic principles underlying human action.

I wish I had a better grasp of the concepts to explain in easier terms. All I can say, now, is this:
Ron, I now understand. I have reached the next stage. You are not a perfect human being but the message is. You will not walk alone.

http://praxeology.net/praxeo.htm

I couldn't agree with you more. History is, however, the only way to make the best decisions for the future even though no certainty of the long-term outcome exists. From a political standpoint, the message is difficult for some to grasp without the concrete ideas of how to actualize the goals. This can make him seem too abstract, although I don't share that sentiment.

He ought to specifically outline how he plans to amend institutions to bring about the freedom of which he speaks. It is a must in order to succeed.