PDA

View Full Version : When will the campaign REALLY start?

Ilhaguru
01-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I've heard several times. . . the official campaign is waiting to start spending the money, and that time is coming soon.

Is there any merit to this? When? After South Carolina?

This is not meant to be a criticism of the strategy. It doesn't really sound bad to me. I'm just wondering what's the deal?

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 08:38 PM
well... obviously only the campaign knows what the campaign is doing.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
They're already spending money in SC, NV & MI. Also, last week -- started radio in 8 Super Tuesday states.

After Super Tuesday -- expect all other Reps to be broke. We have a BIG opportunity in the 2nd half of the process.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I've heard several times. . . the official campaign is waiting to start spending the money, and that time is coming soon.

Is there any merit to this? When? After South Carolina?

This is not meant to be a criticism of the strategy. It doesn't really sound bad to me. I'm just wondering what's the deal?

They reported (to the NY Times---and campaign expenditures soon will be released) spending more than 3 million in New Hampshire alone.

How much do you think they have?

dawnbt
01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
They're already spending money in SC, NV & MI. Also, last week -- started radio in 8 Super Tuesday states.

After Super Tuesday -- expect all other Reps to be broke. We have a BIG opportunity in the 2nd half of the process.

In Michigan we are swamped with Romney, Huckabee, and McCain ads. No Ron Paul. Many people are not voting for Ron Paul because they say he doesn't have a chance. When they see 5th place in primaries, she will confirm their suspicions and vote for someone else. Without marketing, people will continue to vote based on meida, polls and primaries.

Ilhaguru
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Are they gonna make some decent ads now? Go on the attack? Stop writing and mailing letters and make national TV ads? Newspaper ads?

anewvoice
01-12-2008, 09:14 PM
The 8 state push is radio ads only?

celticsman7
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
If they didn't spend one dime since September, they'd have more than $25.5 million. Considering they spent $3 million in NH, they're spending $1 million in South Carolina and I think Nevada, probably $2 million in Iowa, $2 million (guess) for this radio ad blitz, and probably $2 million for other campaign expendtitures (travel, paid staff, food, lodging). Subtract $10 million from $25.5 and it's $15.5 million they have one hand. That's probably more than any other candidate except Romney.

Also, add about $8 million to that $15.5 million for this MLK weekend moneybomb, and he's up close to $24 million, enough to launch a huge Super Tuesday campaign and continue into March.

LinkClan
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Hold The Line!
Go out and canvas!
We are winning!

makrothymia
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
the real campaign will start when voters like me can vote for Ron Paul!

I know several voters in NY who want to vote for Ron Paul, however, we were not aware of rules, deadlines, and etc to participate in the primary election.

So when voters like me can vote that's when the campaign really starts!

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Precinct Captains are the REAL REAL campaign, more-so than ads of anything else.

WRellim
01-12-2008, 10:52 PM

Right before the KEY New Mexico primary.

nate895
01-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Right before the KEY New Mexico primary.

LOL:D

On a serious note, campaign, please start spending money soon.

Meiun
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I can tell you that this campaign has already begun.

Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover foreign waters and darken the land.

Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of this president and congress.

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the left and the right! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

If we wish to be free-- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight!

Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.

The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, there comes an election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!

Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

Gentlemen may cry, Vote Fraud, Smears, and other inaction, but it means nothing. The campaign is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding votes from Michigan! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-------------------------------------------
My apologies to the great saint of liberty Patrick Henry, but I just couldn't resist.

Ilhaguru
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I know several voters in NY who want to vote for Ron Paul, however, we were not aware of rules, deadlines, and etc to participate in the primary election.

Check this out:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/

My apologies to the great saint of liberty Patrick Henry, but I just couldn't resist.

Ok, that explains it. I was about to call you out on being creepy.

mkrfctr
01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
8mil for MLK - hahaha - i doubt it will break 2 mil, if that

tommy7154
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
8mil for MLK - hahaha - i doubt it will break 2 mil, if that

Your lousy ass negative attitude is no help at all. Quit being so weak, nobody said this was going to be easy. I'll be donating for the first time on MLK day. Remember donating on MLK day will also help show people that Dr Paul and his supporters are far from racists.

Signzit
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I can tell you that this campaign has already begun.

Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover foreign waters and darken the land.

Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of this president and congress.

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the left and the right! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

If we wish to be free-- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight!

Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.

The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, there comes an election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!

Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

Gentlemen may cry, Vote Fraud, Smears, and other inaction, but it means nothing. The campaign is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding votes from Michigan! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-------------------------------------------

Nice!

raiha
01-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Meiun...I love some revolutionary prose from time to time. Magnificent!!!

blakjak
01-13-2008, 04:04 AM

If we're not broke after Super Tuesday, we did something wrong. Super Tuesday is ultimately where the nomination is won.

PC_for_Paul
01-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm down here in Alabama, All I hear are crickets.
We don't control the message, we don't control the tempo, and we are absent from the mainstreame media.

if this continues we will lose.

We need a catch phrase, something to take it back from the party leadership. The clock is ticking, if our message was out infront of voters with no name attached, we would win by a landslide.

we need to first, get our message back, second take on the GOP leadership, then get ready to take on the dems.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
The race will start for real when RP goes third party or independent.

Until then, we will continue embarrassing and weakening these war-mongers, not to mention picking up hundreds of thousands of supporters who will be with us in the general election.

New York For Paul
01-13-2008, 11:47 AM
The campaign is almost over. The media is trying to anoint a winner, and we are not even close or mentioned.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
In Michigan we are swamped with Romney, Huckabee, and McCain ads. No Ron Paul. Many people are not voting for Ron Paul because they say he doesn't have a chance. When they see 5th place in primaries, she will confirm their suspicions and vote for someone else. Without marketing, people will continue to vote based on meida, polls and primaries.

Good point, lots of people like his ideas [the message], but don't consider him electable. He needs victories, not 2nd or 3rd+ place finishes. He also needs to deal with the Newsletter scandal, quickly, before it sinks the boat. For good or ill they have decided NV is the place, it's an all or nothing shot, if he doens't come in #1 in NV it's pretty much over. I disagree with the plan, but I sure hope it works.

raiha
01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm down here in Alabama, All I hear are crickets.

Although i thought he was winning the straw poll in Alabamy. Even in winter you have crickets????

All this trusting that the Campaign HQ knows what it's doing unnerves me a bit. Also it appears that Ron has a strong sense of fidelity which means he would stick with his campaign people even if they weren't great... Maybe they have got some great Stonewallian strategy up ahead to confound everyone with but to be honest, after seeing the caliber of the UTube potential ads coming from Grassroots and when I compare it with the sentimental bilge the Campaign HQ churns out....I am worried.

What a tragedy it would be if this failed because of HQ not being aggressive enough. Although the odds are stacked against us what with a corrupt media and powerful corporate interests.