PDA

View Full Version : Letter to my Uncle: "Ron Paul and God..."

toddbluewater
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
An excerpt from an email to my uncle...

"
We’ll stop by and bring it over tomorrow... On the other thing - it would be cool if we could calmly hang out and discuss this every once in a while... I’m not going to be as much concerned by what color underpants the candidates are wearing, however, I will probably use this time to gain a better understanding of the relationship between positive and negative beliefs, current events, technology, media, and most of all, hope, not so loosely translated into ‘Faith’. It would seem, at least for me today, that the candidate who speaks out with the most honesty and faith is Ron Paul. If you were to believe in what he was proposing and further into the breadth of his messages, you would possibly believe that you were making the closest vote towards believing in God, and our Gods are the ones we should all believe in the first place.

The thing is, it’s not the fact that someone may not vote for Ron Paul because they think he has no chance of winning, it’s that they must might be afraid of really placing their fate in the hands of God – and to do this you have to let go of control - or, "Let Go and Let God" as they say. Let go of trying to win the war, let go of trying to take over the world, let go of all the spending and materialistic thinking, let go of stereotyping - stand up for what you believe in and just plain let it go and leave it to God. It will be a beautiful day if our politicians start practicing what we as Americans have been preaching. As far as I have seen today, Ron Paul is the only candidate that’s entire campaign lies in the fact that his voters are voting not as much for him, but for the messages he is here to deliver. It is what he believes in that has gotten us all moving, and how strongly he believes in it is what has made us all turn our heads his way.

We’ll talk about all this more here and there – lot of stuff I’d like to know, and getting a better idea of where all my knowledge (or lack thereof!) has come from will be eye-opening to say the least...

See ya tomorrow...

; )

T.

dircha
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Context?

Xenophage
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Very tactful of you.