PDA

View Full Version : Random Idea

schreck00
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure if this idea had been thrown out there or not, but....SO I keep hearing of people saying they won't vote for Paul because they don't think he can win. Well if all those people who said that would vote anyway he would win. SO the thought is that if we go out door to door (for example) we carry some sort of petition for those of such an opinion. But we say to them something like, "Well, what if I can find 50 other people with the same opinion as you....or 100 would you change your mind if 100 other people felt the same....because then there one vote is paired with 99 more....or something....would this be a good idea? Because it wouldn't just be one time thing - it might open dialog with people.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure if this idea had been thrown out there or not, but....SO I keep hearing of people saying they won't vote for Paul because they don't think he can win. Well if all those people who said that would vote anyway he would win. SO the thought is that if we go out door to door (for example) we carry some sort of petition for those of such an opinion. But we say to them something like, "Well, what if I can find 50 other people with the same opinion as you....or 100 would you change your mind if 100 other people felt the same....because then there one vote is paired with 99 more....or something....would this be a good idea? Because it wouldn't just be one time thing - it might open dialog with people.

http://www.ronpauliswrong.com/

tikwanleap
01-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a great strategy!

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-12-2008, 07:10 PM
That's a good idea. Try it and see if it works!

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Very interesting idea - I like it!

Maybe use a site like PledgeBank (http://www.pledgebank.com/) where people can sign up? Otherwise you'd have to go back to those 50 or 100 houses to show them all the other names you wrote down who said the same (which I'm sure is the best way if you have the time).

Pete
01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Great idea!

We should hire Zogby to do a poll for us asking this question, and also asking how they got that notion.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Question to ask of people planning to vote in the Republican primary:

If you could choose the next president, from the candidates on the Republican ballot, no primary, no general election, whoever you selected would become the next president, who would you choose?

I have a feeling that RP wins this one, among informed voters, more than any other candidate. The challenge is to remind people that this isn't a contest to pick the candidate you think will "win." The name of the game is to vote for the candidate you believe should be president.