PDA

View Full Version : As a Father...

MichGuy59
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Just as an FYI, I want you to know that I am a 48-year-old man from Howell, Michigan with five military aged children and stepchildren. My step daughter’s boyfriend Greg, and his ship, The Philippine Sea, have just been deployed to the Straits of Hormuz, (Iran), and will be there in just a few short weeks. Right in harms way.

I am old enough to remember Vietnam and all of its travesties ad nauseum. As a nine year old I remember helping my eleven year old neighbor deliver newspapers to homes that still hung out the stars for all their boys in combat in the Vietnam War.
I remember so vividly, one single mom with two stars in her window who never had the honor of seeing either of them return to these great United States alive, ever again.

I played war often as a kid, but as that same kid I soon learned what war could do, and I know how foolish war really is.

I learned as a nine year old what our candidates for president, (except Ron Paul), still have not learned. The only honor in war is for our sons and daughters to come home alive! Please bring them home now!!! That is why I have taken up the cause for Ron Paul.

War propagated on a lie is only more foolish when continued on the guise of honor and then misconstrued and supported as a fight against terrorism.

Here is my question to you, all of my brothers and sisters in the Ron Paul revolution. I have the opportunity to be at a John McCain Town hall meeting here in Howell, Michigan tomorrow. I have no shame in the defense of family and country. I will surely ask any question or protest by any means necessary. Even to the point of arrest. (Peaceful Civil Disobedience)

Are there any good ideas, NO, make that GREAT IDEAS, for what I should say or do to put an end to these warmongers’ efforts to get the nomination as president.

I have much more to write but I will leave it at that. Our campaign needs a home run and I am willing to swing for the fences.

A Father Who Loves His Kids and Loves Peace!

GO RON PAUL!!!

garrettwombat
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
great post.

thanks for sharing

Drea
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello!! and thank you so much for your story.

I'll leave the McCain question to others who could certainly do better than I, but just wanted to say "Welcome!" to the board.

Drea

tikwanleap
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I think instead of making it blatantly obvious that you support Ron Paul, you could plant some seeds of doubt in the minds of the people attending the McCain meeting.

In my opinion, asking thoughtful questions would make a bigger impact than getting arrested. =)

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I think instead of making it blatantly obvious that you support Ron Paul, you could plant some seeds of doubt in the minds of the people attending the McCain meeting.

In my opinion, asking thoughtful questions would make a bigger impact than getting arrested. =)

Maybe you could ask them if they want to see their great-grandchildren die in Iraq since we'll be in their 'til 2108 or later.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
You might want to ask what he means by saying he would keep troops in Iraq for 100 years or more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

itshappening
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
here's to a good showing in MI !

silverhandorder
01-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Ask him why he thinks he has the right or moral high ground to talk for the troops when they can not by law talk them selves. Tell him he is exploiting them in the worst way possible.

tikwanleap
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
You might want to ask what he means by saying he would keep troops in Iraq for 100 years or more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

Right, and frame it in a way that let's the other people buy in on the issue you're asking about.

Mention what you posted here as a concerned American about your background with the Vietnam War and your children. Say that you are concerned about the implications of what you heard that McCain supports staying in Iraq for 100 years.

Dave Pedersen
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Ask him about the financing of the war. He never gets forced to explain how we can pay for a 100 year occupation and an overseas empire. He always gets the military questions about the surge vs. withdrawal.

How are we gonna keep paying for an empire when we can't cover our social security and Medicare obligations with the baby boom generation reaching retirement and the dollar going into the tank and the production being exported?

Ask him as a military man what effect a bankrupt economy has on military capability.

malkusm
01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
"Senator McCain: It has recently been discussed in the media that you would advocate having troops stationed in Iraq for 100 years, as long as there are no American casualties. (Then mention something about your son being stationed off the coast of Iran) My question to you is, in light of the events recently in Pakistan and off the coast of Iran, is it truly reasonable to expect that any level of military action will make the Middle East a peaceful region? If we are still warring over the next 50 years with Iran, Pakistan, still scouring Afghanistan, still involved in Israeli-Palestinian resolutions, is it reasonable to assume that Muslim radicals will still not seek out Americans to harm?"

An honest question which doesn't lead on the fact that you support RP. It might not be a home run, but he'll dance around the question, and gaining some votes in people who are upset that he won't answer the question in a straightforward manner, is better than getting arrested and looking overly zealous and self-righteous, which will get us no votes.

the_bee
01-12-2008, 07:45 PM
What ever you ask him make sure you tell him that you expect a complete answer not some half hearted learned spiel. Tell him you want details not crap.

mudburn
01-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I think asking about how to pay for his desired foreign involvements and war-mongering is good. I also think it might be good to pose a general question with a statement about his 'problems', such as:

"Senator McCain, I have some misgivings about supporting and voting for you because of your being part of the Keatin 5, your stance on amnesty for illegal aliens, your lack of help/concern for families of POWs and MIAs, and your stated desire to commit US troops to 100 or more years in Iraq without any thought regarding how the US can afford such involvement. What can you tell me to help alleviate my fears/doubts about your past and political/economic positions?"

Just thinking off the top of my head. The man has some real problems.

Guymontag
01-12-2008, 07:47 PM

this is accurate.

also I'd ask him about the draft (if we invade Iran)... if we have to fight a war on 3 fronts (Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran) where he, as president, would get the troops needed to maintain this large scale war and if the draft was an option.

Dave Wood
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
My question: Why on earth, have we not absorbed the EISENHOWER children into this campaign!

Eisenhower warned us all, but apparently no one was listening.

These kids are in the movie "Why we fight?" why arent they with us now?

OP, I feel your post.

sgrooms
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
honestly, most people that support mccain, already know his stance on the war. that is of course, the main item on his platform.

instead, i would keep the question about his position on amnesty of illegal immigrants. A LOT of his supporters aren't fully aware of this, and an issue such as this would REALLY have them question their candidate.

just my two cents

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Glad you see you found your place here with us.

You could use that same sentiment in your post to get the word out about our mission.

mikeh2002
01-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Ask him if he supports Pres. Bush's latest move to commit US forces to Iraq for the foreseeable future.
When he answers "yes" ask him how he plans to pay for it since we cannot afford any more taxes.
Ask him how that is supposed to benefit Americans financially if we are going to spend billions of dollars more per year to occupy that country.
Ask him how an open-ended commitment like that is really in the best interests of American citizens, and if it's so wonderful why not put it to the Senate first?

CannotIgnoreAnyone
01-12-2008, 08:10 PM
It is extremely important to reveal McCain's psychopathy. For someone familiar with the behavior of a psychopath (see Snakes in Suits (http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Work/dp/0061147893/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200189649&sr=8-2)), it is easy to spot the dysfunction in all of the candidates. Your question must elicit and reveal the sickness so that even an ordinary person can see it.

In 1996 Lesley Stahl asked SoS Maeleine Albright a similar question, clearly revealing her psycopathy for the World to see. You must do that same. See Youtube (click here for video (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_QshS2EW8)) and transcript (see below):

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)

Hence, my suggestion is to ask a similar question, but the current figures need to be researched and confirmed. But I imagine the question would go something like:

Since Gulf War I, either through War or American sanctions, there have been XX,000 American casualties, XX,000 Americans injured, X Million Iraqi civillian deaths or injured. My question to you sir is very simple. Has this been worth it?

Now, McCain will blow a lot of hot air about defending America. Killing people for the flag is McCain's turf. So, if you get an opportunity for a follow-up, I'd continue with:

How many more lives are worth it? Where does it end? What exactly is our objective there?

If you are able to ask this question, pleaes report back on how it went. Try to get on Youtube if possible.

Thanks.

american empire
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I think your post says it all....whatever you ask ....it should be with truth and conviction.....the people will believe you if it is the truth...lathough I am begining to question that....
but my input would be ....
ask him specifically where he will get the money to finance the war....and if he knows how much each American has to pay for the cost...ask him specifically ie name the source of funding....also if he could answer without invoking patriotism b/c we know you have already got it sir....
thanks and don't break his comment in b/w but continue the question at the end....
you go getem.....
I dont want to be drafted for an illegal war....
thankyour sir...

dsentell
01-12-2008, 08:20 PM
honestly, most people that support mccain, already know his stance on the war. that is of course, the main item on his platform.

instead, i would keep the question about his position on amnesty of illegal immigrants. A LOT of his supporters aren't fully aware of this, and an issue such as this would REALLY have them question their candidate.

just my two cents

Agree --

Seems too many have forgotten his push to give amnesty to illegals . . .

seapilot
01-12-2008, 08:21 PM
and if the draft was an option.

Need a simple to the point question he cannot squirm around.

Ask: I have young boys and was wondering if you would draft them into war?
The topic of the draft has been pushed to the back burner but is very much alive in D.C. It might wake up the young people to actually vote if they know that McCain would send them to war indefinitly.

matthylland
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Some interesting ideas. Asking him about paying for the war in interesting...You know he isn't going to start citing Austrian economics to you :), but i still see him dodging the question somehow, but this is not a bad idea, because I dont think he will give a great answer.

ConnotIgnore brings up an interesting point. But I'm worried McCain will say "Yes, there has not been a terrorist attack on the U.S" and his supporters will eat that up, therefore backfiring on us because now they think "man, we are safer b/c of the war".

How about something about his racist remarks from this past debate?

lynnf
01-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Here is my question to you, all of my brothers and sisters in the Ron Paul revolution. I have the opportunity to be at a John McCain Town hall meeting here in Howell, Michigan tomorrow. I have no shame in the defense of family and country. I will surely ask any question or protest by any means necessary. Even to the point of arrest. (Peaceful Civil Disobedience)

Are there any good ideas, NO, make that GREAT IDEAS, for what I should say or do to put an end to these warmongers’ efforts to get the nomination as president.

I have much more to write but I will leave it at that. Our campaign needs a home run and I am willing to swing for the fences.

A Father Who Loves His Kids and Loves Peace!

GO RON PAUL!!!

ask him if it was worth it to:

1) break our armed forces to a point almost beyond repair
2) bankrupt the country to a point beyond repair
3)make us the laughingstock of the world by lying us into a war that wasn't needed (no WMD, no 9/11 connection)
4) make war profiteers rich at the cost of 1,2,3 above

lynn

Xonox
01-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Also have somebody film it if you can... I want to see McCain get owned.

pacelli
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
It is extremely important to reveal McCain's psychopathy. For someone familiar with the behavior of a psychopath (see Snakes in Suits (http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Work/dp/0061147893/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200189649&sr=8-2)), it is easy to spot the dysfunction in all of the candidates. Your question must elicit and reveal the sickness so that even an ordinary person can see it.

In 1996 Lesley Stahl asked SoS Maeleine Albright a similar question, clearly revealing her psycopathy for the World to see. You must do that same. See Youtube (click here for video (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_QshS2EW8)) and transcript (see below):

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)

Hence, my suggestion is to ask a similar question, but the current figures need to be researched and confirmed. But I imagine the question would go something like:

Since Gulf War I, either through War or American sanctions, there have been XX,000 American casualties, XX,000 Americans injured, X Million Iraqi civillian deaths or injured. My question to you sir is very simple. Has this been worth it?

Now, McCain will blow a lot of hot air about defending America. Killing people for the flag is McCain's turf. So, if you get an opportunity for a follow-up, I'd continue with:

How many more lives are worth it? Where does it end? What exactly is our objective there?

If you are able to ask this question, pleaes report back on how it went. Try to get on Youtube if possible.

Thanks.

I like that approach-- I also think that MichGuy59 can weave his son's case, and his concern for his son's safety, into his question (or follow-up) to make it REAL uncomfortable for McCain.

wgadget
01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I heard a veteran on a radio show today who was adamant about the fact that Americans should have the freedom to question (and even protest) their government's actions.

Ask McCain if he thinks the recent executive order by Bush (where your property will be held against your will if you harm the government's actions in Iraq) is an infringement on that right.

wgadget
01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
And my most pressing question for any warmonger:

WHY is the border left wide open for the TERRISTS?

TexFootballMom
01-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Need a simple to the point question he cannot squirm around.

Ask: I have young boys and was wondering if you would draft them into war?
The topic of the draft has been pushed to the back burner but is very much alive in D.C. It might wake up the young people to actually vote if they know that McCain would send them to war indefinitly.

WOW

haigh
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Here's four more to try on:

How can preserving access to some of the oil in the Middle East justify the loss of a single American soldier?

For 60 years there has been turmoil in the Middle East, peace initiatives have always failed. Success in the Middle East brokered by the US seems like a fool’s errand. How can one more billion dollars be justified?

According to David Walker the unfunded liability of the baby boom’s Social Security and Medicare is $53 trillion dollars, thats trillion with a T. Isn’t it time the US showed some fiscal responsibility and shutdown many of the 700 military bases we have in 130 foreign countries?

According to David Walker the unfunded liability of the baby boom’s Social Security and Medicare is $53 trillion dollars, thats trillion with a T. This is likely to start an intergenerational war at the ballot box. Whats your plan to stop this war?

withallmyheart
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
This video is over an hour long but it is worth watching (IMO) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147&hl=en I found it here at the forums last night about midnight and had to watch it in its entirety.

It reveals the fact there is the world's largest oil field in Alaska. This fact has been kept a secret for 30 years. Within a year the price of gas COULD BE $1.50 if "they" would allow the oil to flow. 'They' made a deal with the oil nations in the middle east. Only 2 nations refused to go along with 'them'. These nations are paying dearly for their refusal. Can you guess which ones they are? Iraq and Iran

So the question I would ask McCain is:

Why Iraq and Iran have been targeted by the U.S. because they refused to submit to the U.S. deal...

(I didn't take notes while watching the video but you can to frame your question better than I did.)

silverhandorder
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I got the one question that should kill him. Ask him where the money for the war is coming from.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.ronpauliswrong.com/

Print that out. Give it to everyone you can. If that doesn't work, we have to start over.

santopia
01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Since you're in MI and jobs are scarce, how about something like this....

Mr. McCain. You recently promised to revitalize MI and create new jobs. This is of paramount importance to us. Exactly what jobs will you create that do not involve killing Muslims for our government?