PDA

View Full Version : Anyone chinese here?

roshi
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Well I went canvassing and.. well most of the people in my precint are illiterate in english but can read and speak chinese well. They are all undecided except this one woman, but I am sure we can get the Ron Paul vote from them!

I need help though. I need someone to translate this statement so I can pass it out to them so they would vote for Ron Paul.

Hello,

I am Stephen, a supporter of Ron Paul. I am volunteering to support Ron Paul to help get him elected to be president. Ron Paul supports ending the income tax, wants to end the war NOW, and fix social security.

On February 5, we will be holding the primaries and we will be voting at McGuane Park. If you are interested in Ron Paul, go to the park, follow the instructions and vote for Ron Paul.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

=================

Thanks..

Lord Xar
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
hmmm.. Josh in la -- search for him under some "call4paul" posts. i know he is "asian" and I hate to stereotype but I think he 'might' be, and when I was on a call with him he spoke another language to someone in the background.. perhaps he can help.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm not Chinese, but I speak it. PM me.

roshi
01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I mean I can speak in Chinese, but I would like to let them read it.

TaiwanGuy
01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
i speak, read and write fluent mandarin. i received my BS from a university in taiwan. let me know what you need.

DealzOnWheelz
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
are you 100% sure they are chinese and not another asian ethnicity

if they aren't chinese and you present them with chinese they could very well be offended

Chester Copperpot
01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Well I went canvassing and.. well most of the people in my precint are illiterate in english but can read and speak chinese well. They are all undecided except this one woman, but I am sure we can get the Ron Paul vote from them!

I need help though. I need someone to translate this statement so I can pass it out to them so they would vote for Ron Paul.

Hello,

I am Stephen, a supporter of Ron Paul. I am volunteering to support Ron Paul to help get him elected to be president. On February 5, we will be holding the primaries and we will be voting at McGuane Park. If you are interested in Ron Paul, go to the park, follow the instructions and vote for Ron Paul.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

=================

Thanks..

Just get ONE person to understand who Ron Paul is and how he will get rid of the income tax and let them spread the msg like wildfire..

roshi
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Well I spoke in Chinese with them, I'm pretty sure they would know Chinese.

LBT
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
You could try to contact someone at www.chineseforpaul.org

Here is a good video one of them produced in Chinese (Mandarin).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o88d_gwC_xE

There is an avi of the vid at the site above. Perhaps you could show them on a laptop or burn some DVDs.

Ron Paul shi hen hao (is very good) :-)
Ta shi zhong guo de peng you (He is a friend of Chinese).

Unfortunately my Chinese isn't good enough to translate your introduction :-(

TaiwanGuy
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Here is a rough translation. I don't know how to say primaries (i dont think they dont have them over here).

你好,

我名子叫 Stephen。 我支持 Ron Paul 為美國總統。 你二月五日在 McGuane 公圓可以為他投票。
如果對 Ron Paul 有興趣請你到公圓去投票。

如果有什麼問題,我願意協助!

謝謝你!

It says (in pinyin):
Wo MingZi Jiao Stephen. Wo Zhichi (support) Ron Paul Wei MeiGuo ZongTong. Ni ErYueWuRi Zai McGuane GongYuan KeYi Wei Ta TouPiao (Vote).
RuGuo You ShenMe WenTi, Wo YuanYi XieZhu!

XieXie Ni

roshi
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Here is a rough translation. I don't know how to say primaries (i dont think they dont have them over here).

你好,

我名子叫 Stephen。 我支持 Ron Paul 為美國總統。 你二月五日在 McGuane 公圓可以幫他投票。

如果有什麼問題,我願意協助!

謝謝你!

Did you translate my new version?

TaiwanGuy
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
hold on for a second. ill add those things.

Mithridates
01-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Here's primary:

初选

So Michigan primary for example would be

密歇根州初选

TaiwanGuy
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
你好,

我名子叫 Stephen。 我自願地支持 Ron Paul 為美國總統。他要結束美國的所得稅, 結束伊拉克戰爭, 並修正美國的社會副利。 你二月五日在 McGuane 公圓可以為他投票。

如果有什麼問題,我願意協助!

謝謝你!
That has the stances.
I am not sure on some of the translation.
I will try to ask my wife (chinese) when she wakes up, but that should be good enough for now.

deedles
01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
hmmm.. Josh in la -- search for him under some "call4paul" posts. i know he is "asian" and I hate to stereotype but I think he 'might' be, and when I was on a call with him he spoke another language to someone in the background.. perhaps he can help.

How pathetic have we gotten in this country when we can't even describe some as asian, white, black green or polka dotted if they are.

:)I hate PC.

roshi
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know the cost to make 1,000 copies?

CurtisLow
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Try this out.

http://www.taradel.com/Printing_Product.aspx?ID=23

I never noticed that the ad on the bottom of this page (ad) picks up on what your talking about.
Weird...'

(Edit) Opps sorry Minimum order 10,000 my bad

Maybe try Staples
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/programs/copyandprint/

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow, and I mean WOW! Please oh please let Ron Paul's ideas catch fire in the Chinese community. China is going to be such a dominant economic power this century, if the Ron Paul meme of liberty starts to spread in Chinese...wow.

TaiwanGuy
01-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Final Edit (My wife just made a few corrections):

你好,

我名子叫 Stephen。 我自願地支持 Ron Paul 為美國總統。他要終止美國的所得稅, 結束伊拉克戰爭, 並修正美國的社會副利。 你二月五日在 McGuane 公園可以投票給Ron Paul。
如果對 Ron Paul 有興趣請你到公園去投票。

如果有什麼問題,我願意協助!

謝謝你!

Josh_LA
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM

Yes X, I is Chinkese, in fact I'm the guy in this video

billjarrett
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
To carry this on to another language, if anyone lives in a mainly Korean area let me know. I'm "conversational" in it, but my wife is a native from there and we'd be glad to translate to help the cause. Unfortunately we live in a mostly caucasian/hispanic area :(

Josh_LA
01-15-2008, 09:55 PM
awesome

Soccrmastr
01-15-2008, 09:55 PM
haha dude good luck reading it and then pronouncing it!

Josh_LA
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
How pathetic have we gotten in this country when we can't even describe some as asian, white, black green or polka dotted if they are.

:)I hate PC.

Yeah, FPC!

(Even though we know what we're talking about, this is an internet forum, so I must clarify, I hate macs)

Soccrmastr
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes X, I is Chinkese, in fact I'm the guy in this video

dude AWESOME job with that!!

Josh_LA
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow, and I mean WOW! Please oh please let Ron Paul's ideas catch fire in the Chinese community. China is going to be such a dominant economic power this century, if the Ron Paul meme of liberty starts to spread in Chinese...wow.

Keep in mind "Chinese community" is not limited to those from China, just as Hispanic and Latino, Spanish speakers are far from limited to Mexican immigrants.

The Chinese community, like any community, are groups that are left out and forgotten in political discourse, thus less motivated to vote. Regardless of their origin, language barrier is a thing to overcome. Chinese Americans don't care what's going on in China (or else they'd go live there).

Josh_LA
01-16-2008, 12:59 AM
You could try to contact someone at www.chineseforpaul.org

Here is a good video one of them produced in Chinese (Mandarin).

There is an avi of the vid at the site above. Perhaps you could show them on a laptop or burn some DVDs.

Ron Paul shi hen hao (is very good) :-)
Ta shi zhong guo de peng you (He is a friend of Chinese).

Unfortunately my Chinese isn't good enough to translate your introduction :-(

Yes, that's me. Josh in LA.