PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2nd Place in WYOMING Popular VOTE!?!

teshuah
01-12-2008, 06:36 PM
I apologize for putting up a new thread with the same content as the other. I tried to change the title but it wasn't showing up on the main page.

I was on CNN's website and it seems Ron Paul got second place in the popular vote with no Delegates at the Wyoming Caucus. See that here (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302)

Then I went looking for more information. I went to the Wyoming GOP website. I know the RNC said that Wyoming was being penalized delegates, but the GOP website says they will be having 16 more delegates elected on May 31!

We NEED TO GET THIS OUT IF THIS IS TRUE! These are more potential delegates for Ron Paul. Anyone in Wyoming?

Monday, January 07, 2008
Wyoming Republican Party Announces Results of 2008 County Conventions (http://www.wygop.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=6723)

Wyoming Republican Party Announces Results of 2008 County Conventions

Casper - Thousands of Wyoming Republicans, hundreds braving severe winter weather, turned out in record numbers today to cast historic votes for the first 12 delegates and first 12 alternates to be elected to the Republican National Convention.

Wyoming voters chose 8 delegates for Mitt Romney, 3 delegates for Fred Thompson, and 1 delegate for Duncan Hunter. Two of Mitt Romney sons, Josh and Craig, were in the state when their father was announced as the winner.

WY GOP Chairman Fred Parady said, "Candidates that came to Wyoming did well - Romney, Thompson, and Hunter all spent time in the state. Those that didn’t did not get a good result. Wyoming Republican’s voice rang out loud and clear, that the way America selects her President is broken. We want to participate in the process when it matters, not when it’s settled, and that’s what we did today."

The Wyoming Republican Party will elect 16 more delegates and 16 more alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention on May 31 at the state convention in Rock Springs, WY.

WillInMiami
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Umm.. when you check out any of the other candidate (CNN link you provided) besides Romney, they all show 2nd place...

hueylong
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Huck says 3rd -- but Mc shows 2nd from what I see.

iznourbaby
01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Here is our local delegate`s excuse for choosing Romney. I have never been a political animal but Ron has cured my apathy in a fairly big way. I have been trying to figure out what I might write to him to convince him to back Ron but it seems his mind was made up by something other than the will of the people that live here.

Mitt Romney supporter Greg Schaefer is Campbell County’s choice to cast a ballot for the party’s presidential nominee at the Republican National Convention, although presidential candidate Ron Paul won an informal, nonbinding poll taken at Saturday’s County Convention.

Schaefer defeated Timothy Hallinan, the only other candidate for the delegate spot, 44 votes to 37 votes at Saturday’s Campbell County Convention. Hallinan said Paul was his first choice.

Delegates to the National Convention are the ones who actually choose the party’s presidential nominee. In Wyoming, delegates at the state convention and certain county conventions pick people to send on to the National Convention delegates. Who these delegates vote for determines how much support each presidential candidate gets from Wyoming.

Candidates can state who they plan to vote for, but it’s not required. With the national primary contest still up for grabs, though, Hallinan and Schaefer addressed the issue of who they’d vote for head on.

When asked, Hallinan said Paul was his first choice because he would stop the erosion of constitutional liberties. Hallinan, like Paul, has been noted for Libertarian viewpoints, although he denied Saturday that he belonged in that party.

Schaefer did not even wait to be asked before explaining why he planned to vote for Romney. He described how he visited a Web site over the holidays that matched a candidate to a person’s opinion on certain issues. The site told him that Romney, Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson would all be equally good candidates for him. Schaefer, who is Arch Coal’s vice president for external affairs, said he did further research and eventually sided with Romney because of his strong pro-coal stance.

He said he doesn’t think he’ll decide to vote against Romney because of the preference in the informal poll, but he said he’ll be watching the campaign closely.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Here is our local delegate`s excuse for choosing Romney. I have never been a political animal but Ron has cured my apathy in a fairly big way. I have been trying to figure out what I might write to him to convince him to back Ron but it seems his mind was made up by something other than the will of the people that live here.

Mitt Romney supporter Greg Schaefer is Campbell County’s choice to cast a ballot for the party’s presidential nominee at the Republican National Convention, although presidential candidate Ron Paul won an informal, nonbinding poll taken at Saturday’s County Convention.

Schaefer defeated Timothy Hallinan, the only other candidate for the delegate spot, 44 votes to 37 votes at Saturday’s Campbell County Convention. Hallinan said Paul was his first choice.

Delegates to the National Convention are the ones who actually choose the party’s presidential nominee. In Wyoming, delegates at the state convention and certain county conventions pick people to send on to the National Convention delegates. Who these delegates vote for determines how much support each presidential candidate gets from Wyoming.

Candidates can state who they plan to vote for, but it’s not required. With the national primary contest still up for grabs, though, Hallinan and Schaefer addressed the issue of who they’d vote for head on.

When asked, Hallinan said Paul was his first choice because he would stop the erosion of constitutional liberties. Hallinan, like Paul, has been noted for Libertarian viewpoints, although he denied Saturday that he belonged in that party.

Schaefer did not even wait to be asked before explaining why he planned to vote for Romney. He described how he visited a Web site over the holidays that matched a candidate to a person’s opinion on certain issues. The site told him that Romney, Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson would all be equally good candidates for him. Schaefer, who is Arch Coal’s vice president for external affairs, said he did further research and eventually sided with Romney because of his strong pro-coal stance.

He said he doesn’t think he’ll decide to vote against Romney because of the preference in the informal poll, but he said he’ll be watching the campaign closely.

wow that guys a noob

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Another interesting thing on that page. Iowa still needs 2% in. I guess most of that 2% must have been for Paul.

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Tied with 2nd in Wyoming?

I didn't know that.

RevolutionSD
01-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I was trying to tell people this but no one seemed to care.

Paul got SECOND in Wyoming!!!!

Yes the whole delegate process is wacko and he ended up with zero, but 2nd place in this state in the popular vote is a big sign of things to come. Like Wyoming, Nevada has a libertarian streak and almost elected Aaron Russo as governor in the 90's. Paul should do VERY well in Nevada as well as Alaska, where he has been polling extremely well.

pinkmandy
01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't see how he is second on the CNN site. I was poking around, though, and noticed how this link http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R has pics of all the candidates, they all are smiling like campaign photos except for Paul. Why did they pic that picture? :rolleyes:

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 08:27 PM
2nd in Wyoming.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Then I went looking for more information. I went to the Wyoming GOP website. I know the RNC said that Wyoming was being penalized delegates, but the GOP website says they will be having 16 more delegates elected on May 31!

As I understand it, Wyoming got 12 national delegates on January 5th in the county conventions, and will get 2 more in May at the state convention, not 16.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/WY-R.phtml#0105

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't see how he is second on the CNN site. I was poking around, though, and noticed how this link http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R has pics of all the candidates, they all are smiling like campaign photos except for Paul. Why did they pic that picture? :rolleyes:

It's a common subliminal technique. Using pictures of politicians making the "oooh" mouth makes them seem crazy. It makes people think of words like "kooky," "loony," "coo-coo." Same technique they use on Dubya:
http://www.funfacts.com.au/images/george-w-bush.jpg