PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Wyoming

teshuah
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I was on CNN's website and it seems Ron Paul got second place in the popular vote with no Delegates at the Wyoming Caucus. See that here (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302)

Then I went looking for more information. I went to the Wyoming GOP website. I know the RNC said that Wyoming was being penalized delegates, but the GOP website says they will be having 16 more delegates elected on May 31!

We NEED TO GET THIS OUT IF THIS IS TRUE! These are more potential delegates for Ron Paul. Anyone in Wyoming?

Monday, January 07, 2008
Wyoming Republican Party Announces Results of 2008 County Conventions (http://www.wygop.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=6723)

Wyoming Republican Party Announces Results of 2008 County Conventions

Casper - Thousands of Wyoming Republicans, hundreds braving severe winter weather, turned out in record numbers today to cast historic votes for the first 12 delegates and first 12 alternates to be elected to the Republican National Convention.

Wyoming voters chose 8 delegates for Mitt Romney, 3 delegates for Fred Thompson, and 1 delegate for Duncan Hunter. Two of Mitt Romney sons, Josh and Craig, were in the state when their father was announced as the winner.

WY GOP Chairman Fred Parady said, "Candidates that came to Wyoming did well - Romney, Thompson, and Hunter all spent time in the state. Those that didn’t did not get a good result. Wyoming Republican’s voice rang out loud and clear, that the way America selects her President is broken. We want to participate in the process when it matters, not when it’s settled, and that’s what we did today."

The Wyoming Republican Party will elect 16 more delegates and 16 more alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention on May 31 at the state convention in Rock Springs, WY.

teshuah
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Bump

teshuah
01-12-2008, 06:31 PM
changed title maybe I'll get more lookers

tpreitzel
01-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Look, I've already addressed this issue! Yes, the Wyoming GOP fully intends to send all 28 delegates to the GOP National Convention regardless of sanctions. However, sending all delegates to the National Convention does NOT mean that all 28 will be seated. Politics is a dirty business where a lot of closed door deals are made. The Wyoming State Convention will be held over Memorial Day where the attendees will be selecting another 13 delegates to the National Convention. However, most of the primary delegates to the State Convention are already committed to Romney. Personally, I and about 5 other Paul supporters from our county are alternates to the State Convention so we go ONLY if the primary delegates can't attend for some reason. The probability of sending a Paul supporter to the National Convention from the State Convention is rather small, but the possibility still exists. Even if a Paul supporter is one of the additional 13 delegates selected to go to the National Convention, it still doesn't mean that ANY more than two of the additional delegates will be seated at the National Convention due to the sanctions.

teshuah
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
thank you for clearing it up.