PDA

View Full Version : Good News For One TV Ad?

Sentinelrv
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I emailed the campaign telling them that using this ad...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

...is a must and gave them a bunch of reasons. Somebody responded and said...

"I personally love this ad!"

...Not sure if that gets us any closer to using it, but just thought I'd throw that out there since I got a response. I also mentioned they should use it in the Superbowl if they were actually going to do that.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
This ad CAN'T be used. It contains COPYRIGHTED music.

NO TV station will allow this ad to be aired.

melianthus
01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
They can get permission from the copyright holder. How else do you think all that other music is used in commercials.

Peppy690
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
just ask for the copyrights permission....corporate sponsers do this all the time in their ads.... im sure the campaign can work something out, maybe.

Sentinelrv
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
They can get permission from the copyright holder. How else do you think all that other music is used in commercials.

Yep, and if it's too much they just change the music.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:40 PM
You have to PAY for the right to use a song. It is very expensive.

And I can promise you, Warner-Chappelle music isn't going to license this song to Ron Paul.

And EVEN IF they would -- this process takes MONTHS. I do this for a living.

melianthus
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM

And I can promise you, Warner-Chappelle music isn't going to license this song to Ron Paul.

If you did this for a living than you would know that copyrighted music can be used in television commercials.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes. If they give you permission, and after you have gone through the process -- and paid them.

Not gonna happen in this case. Waste of time.

nosebruise
yeah exactly, either get permission or buy the rights to play it for 30 seconds.

i know i've made a lot of posts about it before, but again... i LOVE that ad.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
This is better than any ad the HQ has churned out, that's for sure.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:44 PM
It's a good ad. But you aren't going to get permission. They'll just say no.

They aren't required to let you license it.

mad212
01-12-2008, 05:44 PM
This commercial works really well.

melianthus
01-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know who holds the copyright to this song? Is it the record company? Or the artist?

phixion
It's not difficult or expensive to source other music or have an artist create some.

Why write it off? Sheesh...

Pete

Azprint
Outside of copyright issues, this ad is bad. Seriously, how many of you read all the shit commercials write? Personally I do not. If it is not sound or images, it is ignored for me.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
You have to go through Warner-Chappelle Music. They're in Los Angeles. They license 90% of the music in the world for the publishers, artists and record labels.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
If you want to change music -- there are dozens of websites that have very inexpensive music that you can get a "buyout" license for.

Often, $50 to $100...

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM

well if thats the case we can always change the music. we just gotta find something that fits equally well.

i say they push to get a license for the CCR song, failing that, find or make something of their own. not that hard.

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Outside of copyright issues, this ad is bad. Seriously, how many of you read all the shit commercials write? Personally I do not. If it is not sound or images, it is ignored for me.

please tell me you're joking.

Green Mountain Boy
01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
This ad is good for the internet generation, not for the older folks - the people who actually go out and vote. The words go by too fast and they're not even displayed horizontally - they're diagonal. Picture your grandma trying to watch this ad.

melianthus
01-12-2008, 05:55 PM
This ad is good for the internet generation, not for the older folks - the people who actually go out and vote. The words go by too fast and they're nto even displayed horizontally - they're diagonal. Picture your grandma trying to watch this ad.

My husband is a 62 year old economist. He really liked the ad. The music was the key. The ad isn't nearly as good with any of the other music.

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
This ad is good for the internet generation, not for the older folks - the people who actually go out and vote. The words go by too fast and they're not even displayed horizontally - they're diagonal. Picture your grandma trying to watch this ad.

man... ok i have little faith in the general public's lowest common denominator sheeple IQ.

but god, they aren't LITERALLY retarded. kindergarten "learn to read" books have more complex sentences than that ad.

My husband is a 62 year old economist. He really liked the ad. The music was the key. The ad isn't nearly as good with any of the other music.

i completely agree with this as well... the first time i saw this ad was with the original music and it was neat but it didnt really have that patriotic americana-roots impact, and the other ones, like the fatboy slim one... although they arent necessarily bad, they aren't so patriotic feeling, and sort of cater to a smaller demographic.

that in NO way means we can't find a song works equally as well as the CCR song. there are tons and tons of songs that would work just as well. and failing getting rights to something we want, im sure someone with some talent could lend us a hand. (especially considering an ad like that would be great for their personal promotion)