Razmear
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Ron_Paul_teams_up_with_Dem_0724.html
Includes video of MSNBC interview.

Ron Paul teams up with Dem candidate to end war
David Edwards and Adam Doster
Published: Tuesday July 24, 2007

Print This Email This

Ron Paul, a Republican Presidential candidate who is opposed to the war in Iraq, believes that lawmakers can reach across the aisle to pass legislation that will bring American troops home as soon as possible.

"Sometimes, those [liberal and conservative] labels are misleading," he told Joe Scarborough on MSNBC Tuesday. "I think if you approach this from a constitutional viewpoint, we can join hands with the left as well as the right and come up with a solution and get our troops home."

As the host mentioned, the Texas Congressman has co-sponsored a bill with another presidential contender, Democrat Dennis Kucinich, that would repeal President Bush's authority to use force in Iraq within the next sixth months. Besides Kucinich, 18 other Democrats have signed on.

Paul has garnered a lot of interest on the Internet. As a result, he now has more cash on hand then the campaign of front-runner John McCain, Senator from Arizona.

"I know the daily fundraising over the Internet has remained strong," he said. "You know, for us, if we can . . . raise $50,000, that's a lot of money and since we spend it very conservatively, it's been very helpful to us."

A strict follower of the constitution, Paul also bemoaned how Republicans have neglected their commitment to fiscal conservatism. "We're a big government party of big government conservatives and this war is a disaster," he said. "It's part of the big government . . . We're fiscally irresponsible. The Republican Party has lost its way. If it expects to do any good at all next year, it has to be a party of limited government."

The following video is from MSNBC's News Live broadcast on July 24.

Avalon
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
look how they mangled that quote to imply he's lucky to raise $50k in general, instead of at a single fundraiser.

buffalokid777
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice, I just checked it out...

Good publicity!

goldenequity
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Audio Posted:

July 23, 2007 - Ron Paul MSNBC Joe Scarborough (4 min)

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

randy:)

kylejack
07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, so I finally got around to looking up that quote Ron Paul always uses, "War is the health of the state."

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/hist_texts/warhealthstate1918.html

This essay from 1918 looks pretty interesting. I'm going to read it.

inibo
07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
It does not matter who he is talking to. He always says exactly what he thinks with no equivocation.

BTW is it just me or does it seem like MSNBC seems to be about the best of the old media outlets? I realize that's not saying much, but I seem to have recalled seeing more than a few links here going to msnbc articles that were at least not negative.

bygone
07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
I watch MSNBC a lot. I flip to CNN every now and then, but I prefer MSNBC most of the time.

Gotta plug Lou Dobbs on CNN, though.

Capitalism
07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I watch MSNBC a lot. I flip to CNN every now and then, but I prefer MSNBC most of the time.

Gotta plug Lou Dobbs on CNN, though.

Lou Dobbs is opposed to free trade. I can't stand him.

bygone
07-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, no one is perfect. I think you could find something negative to say about anyone. I don't always like what he has to say, but I like a lot of it. At least he seems to have a strong opinion, even if its not one everyone likes. I can respect that.

Roxi
07-24-2007, 08:45 PM
i still have to watch news so i watch msnbc as well, they have been the fairest to RP.
i have completely boycotted CNN and FOX

nathanielyao
07-25-2007, 04:05 AM
bump

TheMikael
07-25-2007, 05:24 AM
bump