PDA

View Full Version : IOWA RP supporter says automated calling works best

dkim68
01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
I just spoke with a Ron Paul supporter from Iowa and she said in her experience that automated calling drew in more RP supporters than in-person phone calls or working door-to-door. A difference of hundreds of more interested people with the automated calling versus the campaign's suggested methods to precinct leaders.

So my question is... how can we all set this up in each of our respective communities?

I mean, it sounds like the best way to go to find new RP supporters. Agree?

rooteroa
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
by all accounts new hampshire was absolutely satured with automated calls... doesnt seem like it did much there

garrettwombat
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
by all accounts new hampshire was absolutely satured with automated calls... doesnt seem like it did much there

that was because that state was being bombarded with calls from everyone...
no one was going to listen to them.

there is special software you can get for free to make automated calling, the catch is you have to buy the special modem that works off the software... it is 50 bucks, but well worth it.

i forget what the name of the software is but someone a long long time ago on the forum posted about it. maybe you could search for it and find it, i tried just now and ame up empty.

TwiLeXia
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt that is true. NO one likes automated calls. Seriously. NO ONE.

And yes I agree, if you think success = 8%, then by all means keep making automated calls!

malibu
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Automated calling killed Brownback in Iowa pretty fast didn't it -

maybe Des Moines shouldn't have dropped the ball on getting out phone lists because of their old goat attitude -

Ron Paul Friends USA had 60 people from around the nation - mostly Cali and Mizzou - waiting to call from the one list they were willing to give up - Blackhawk County - which did well in total votes for RP.

but Drew Ivers wanted to mess Ron Paul Friends USA up.

Fire him and ditch the Des Moines office for the sake of the candidate -
sacrifice the Des Moines egos for the national campaign.

Sey.Naci
01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Should check with HQ or your state's HQ - if there is one - before setting up auto calling though. There's always the chance that the campaign already has plans to do that. Remember reading something about them doing it in Iowa. Don't know about NH.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I just spoke with a Ron Paul supporter from Iowa and she said in her experience that automated calling drew in more RP supporters than in-person phone calls or working door-to-door. A difference of hundreds of more interested people with the automated calling versus the campaign's suggested methods to precinct leaders.

So my question is... how can we all set this up in each of our respective communities?

I mean, it sounds like the best way to go to find new RP supporters. Agree?

I do direct voter contact efforts professionally, and of course voice broadcast is one way to reach many voters real quick, and can be very good for targeting specific voters.

However, while there are definite uses for robocalls, and the full range of IVR services, it must be deployed as part of a larger plan...

For example, it can be part of how you do Voter ID or a component to your GOTV (Get Out The Vote) effort.

Sure it can work, but it's not a magic cure in and of itself.

dante
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Automated calling killed Brownback in Iowa pretty fast didn't it -

maybe Des Moines shouldn't have dropped the ball on getting out phone lists because of their old goat attitude -

Ron Paul Friends USA had 60 people from around the nation - mostly Cali and Mizzou - waiting to call from the one list they were willing to give up - Blackhawk County - which did well in total votes for RP.

but Drew Ivers wanted to mess Ron Paul Friends USA up.

Fire him and ditch the Des Moines office for the sake of the candidate -
sacrifice the Des Moines egos for the national campaign.

UM Blackhawk county did well in total votes for RP because RP spoke at their precincts caucus night