PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar.com supports Ron Paul, we should support them too!

electric
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi all,
just wanted to mention that the libertarian antiwar website http://antiwar.com has been doing a great job spreading Ron Pauls message for a long time. We should consider supporting them with our own money or at the very least flooding them with thank you's and tell them that they are doing a great job for their coverage of Ron Pauls antiwar message! You need to understand, antiwar.com has a HUGE liberal-green-independent reading base. HUGE! therefore antiwar.com is an important bridge to getting antiwar liberal leaning voters aware of Ron Pauls very strong antiwar stance. we NEED to get these people on board.

Some backround:
Justin Raimondo, Antiwar.com's editorial director, has been plugging Ron Paul quite a bit lately and antiwar.com has been publishing Ron Pauls speeches and opinions and keeping them archieved for many years.
http://www.takimag.com/site/article/ron_paul_the_conscience_of_conservatism1/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6m9W8minHU
http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=11306
http://antiwar.com/paul/archives.php

I would consider doing one or several of the following:

1) make a small donation to antiwar.com and then also send them an email explaining you contributed to them because you admire the fact they do an honest job of spreading Ron Pauls antiwar message. if many people did this (even just $5 or $10 it may give them incentive to push Ron Pauls name up even more than they do now simply for generating revenue). dont worry even if this doesnt work you are still helping a great news site continue to stay afloat that also spreads Ron Pauls message.
http://antiwar.com/donate/

2) at very least send a letter to the editor to thank him for his excellent coverage of Ron Pauls message and for keeping the achieves saved on the site.
http://antiwar.com/letters-editor.php

3) when speaking to liberal friends/family members bring up Ron Pauls name and the website antiwar.com and explain how he has been speaking against the war from the beginning (even way before 911) and that his writings are available on the site's achieves. this could be a great tool for getting antiwar liberals on the boat.

Look people we need to get antiwar liberals to hear his message. They are harder to bring over into the bandwagon than conservatives. i believe they will still start jumping over in flocks if the message gets out in time. (i am one of them) antiwar.com is a great resource for spreading Ron Pauls message to liberals.

give antiwar.com a shout out!!its a great resource anti-war info and also Ron Paul!

peace,
electric

BarryDonegan
07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
someone should post places you can contribute money once you have reached the limit, who will likely spend money on the ron paul campaign.

electric
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
thats a good point.

JPFromTally
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
I love that website and read it daily (since 2001). Only site on the web to tell the truth about Iraq.

RP08
07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't know if this has been stated already.

How I understand Ron Paul's position (and forgive me if I'm misinterpreting)...

He's not anti-war, just anti-war without Congressional approval and without declaration of war.

RP is against war for profit or economic reasons, state-building, "spreading ""democracy""", establishing US strongholds, etc.

I've heard interviews where he states that if someone attacks us and our (under his administration) strong defense somehow fails, he would fully support going after the attacker with force. This may not totally jive with "anti-war" folks at every level.

He is not a total passifist like Kucinich. But, RP is totally against preemptive, undeclared, unsupported attacks.

Capitalism
07-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't know if this has been stated already.

How I understand Ron Paul's position (and forgive me if I'm misinterpreting)...

He's not anti-war, just anti-war without Congressional approval and without declaration of war.

RP is against war for profit or economic reasons, state-building, "spreading ""democracy""", establishing US strongholds, etc.

I've heard interviews where he states that if someone attacks us and our (under his administration) strong defense somehow fails, he would fully support going after the attacker with force. This may not totally jive with "anti-war" folks at every level.

He is not a total passifist like Kucinich. But, RP is totally against preemptive, undeclared, unsupported attacks.

I don't think antiwar.com is necessarily a pacifist website. Ron Paul is generally "antiwar" and "pro-peace" and always opposed to unconstitutional war. Since recent wars do not full under those justifications for war you said RP gave, he would be considered mostly "antiwar."

jorlowitz
07-25-2007, 06:29 AM
He's anti-war. And anything else would be insane!!! Who is their right mind is PRO war. That's like saying you're pro-death. Or people who are pro-choice being PRO-abortion. Paul thinks war is brutal, ugly, expensive, wasteful, and often an opportunity for the State to increase its powers and scare its citizens. That doesn't mean he wouldn't use force IF necessary. But what an absurd distinction. EVERYBODY should be ANTI-war. What makes people who are against killing pussies? People who are FOR killing... now that's something!

NotRonPaul
07-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Most people are correct here on my positions. The Iraq war goes against the just war theory of Christianity. I do not support preemptive war. A conservative does not have to be embarassed about being against unconstitutional war, war that is undeclared. Since WW 2 we've never declared war and we've never won a war! There's nothing conservative about that! I do support just war when someone attacks us. I did support the war in Afganistan, but the authority was abused by President Bush. I wanted to focus on Osama bin Laden and the terrorists responsible for 9/11. Now, we're stuck having to nation-build in two countries. It's time to bring the troops home from all over the world and don't start wars over oil. I think think this is a great policy.

Man from La Mancha
07-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Most people are correct here on my positions. The Iraq war goes against the just war theory of Christianity. I do not support preemptive war. A conservative does not have to be embarassed about being against unconstitutional war, war that is undeclared. Since WW 2 we've never declared war and we've never won a war! There's nothing conservative about that! I do support just war when someone attacks us. I did support the war in Afganistan, but the authority was abused by President Bush. I wanted to focus on Osama bin Laden and the terrorists responsible for 9/11. Now, we're stuck having to nation-build in two countries. It's time to bring the troops home from all over the world and don't start wars over oil. I think think this is a great policy.

I would like to believe that Dr.Paul has joined this forum of talks but alas I'm not that believing. So I welcome the good comments but please confirm with our chief moderator who you are. Otherwise I don't find this amusing!! It could be just johnbilkins on a different computer.